Disney's website

jlsHouston

Well.. I haven't taken to the new website very well... I think maybe it locks up less than the old one does... Hard to create saved offers and once I do, hard to find them again. But the most difficult thing was find my " how many days for you! "The old one announced it on the homepage, This new one has this little square date thing in the corner....doesn't have the same happy feeling to it:(.

jlsHouston

Original Poster
Yeah, it's pretty junky.

That was kind of my impression from the very first...I see no increase in speeds for processing searches, appears to freeze up as much as the old site did...doesn't really allow you to save offers to your profile easily like the old site did if you were pricing packages...and the dining reservation site appears to be missing the filter for resorts... or maybe I just haven't found that search parameter yet...:(

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Original Poster
I really don't like it, but never had any problems w/ it... YET!:eek:

yah I haven't had any problems with it yet either.. but it feels slower than the old one and I don't navigate as easily within the new one and overall it just didn't give me that YES! feeling...so therefore I don't really like it either and don't see it as an improvement to the old one..

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Original Poster
I refer to the site as a broken mess - all pictures, no business value. In terms of function? It's a degradation - not an upgrade. The good news? There will be many more jobs for Disney Phone Staff....
hahaha.. and I know the site change has to do with the RFID/FP+/NextGen stuff, which besides all the things it supposedly will do for "vacation enhancement" I also kind of thought the new technology is expected to lead to staffing reduction...except at the call center!;)

Upvote 0

Figgy1

hahaha.. and I know the site change has to do with the RFID/FP+/NextGen stuff, which besides all the things it supposedly will do for "vacation enhancement" I also kind of thought the new technology is expected to lead to staffing reduction...except at the call center!;)
They are going to need to greatly increase the call center staff if they don't fix thins SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!o_O

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Original Poster
Click on the actual "My Disney Experience" link (not anything in the menu that pops up beneath it). That will take you to your page with your reservations etc. and at the very top is a calendar block with a number in it (that's your number of days). Big blue/white box beneath your character banner.

Yes this is what I eventually did the other night..but like I said I am technologically challenged in my good moments.... probably only because I have had to use so many different types of software over the years that I can eventually manuever any website did I find it on my own .. now I can also see my days to the World every time I hit my reservation page..Although I still don't quite feel the same pixie dust feeling I always did logging in to the old site when I had a booked vacation and it would announce my days. And I can't put my finger on why not, what is the visual difference in my brain..I am usually not very negative about anything disney because it is my FAVORITE PLACE of all vacations to visit!

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Original Poster
Looking at a Disneyland 3 day stay attached to a Wedding in California in August. That side of the site has issues as well and still does not have a My Disney Experiance feature. WDW's site was and is still the better than that side. Yeah I was surprised with the amount of glitches (sorry Vanalope) that there was with the new WDW site when they switched to it but I do like the total imersion that can be included with the site and phone ap's. Planning the trip and being able to pull up your reservations at any time.

Me too in theory I like the idea of enhanced vacation planning on the site...I just want it to work... I am going to give it more time but it's been up for a while now....

Upvote 0

taz0162

Me too in theory I like the idea of enhanced vacation planning on the site...I just want it to work... I am going to give it more time but it's been up for a while now....
Technically They should not have released the site in the state that it was/is in. They should have released it only after it was tested to work as expected. Not gradually roll out a new site with broken features. But yes it will be a great addition to the entire experience.

Upvote 0

gobraves

Sucks! It kind of shows you how bad Disney corporate has become when they basically have released a beta test to the public at large. It's embarrassing. Yet they still think they have such strong brand equity that no one will care.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Original Poster
Technically They should not have released the site in the state that it was/is in. They should have released it only after it was tested to work as expected. Not gradually roll out a new site with broken features. But yes it will be a great addition to the entire experience.

That is exactly what I am hoping for... because I love spontaneity on vacation but leading up to vacation I like to plan the crap out of it and the website was kind of my trip planner before and it worked with all my little print outs I would do and charts, and the new website should be an improvement over trip planning to what we had before...

Upvote 0

mebucko

Click on the actual "My Disney Experience" link (not anything in the menu that pops up beneath it). That will take you to your page with your reservations etc. and at the very top is a calendar block with a number in it (that's your number of days). Big blue/white box beneath your character banner.
Hi !
Sorry, but that did not work for me. They still haven't been able to link my existing reservation with anything! Clicked as you said (not on the drop-down menu), but on the "My Disney Experience". No blue box, etc.
Thanks so much, though. I really appreciate it. Many telcalls with the techs, etc. still haven't solved it, even though they can verify that I do have one, and the info is correct.As an aside, a CM told me if there is a prob with an ADR, hit "edit", don't make any changes, then hit enter, and it will come up.
Cheers, and again - Thanks!
Bill

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Hi !
Sorry, but that did not work for me. They still haven't been able to link my existing reservation with anything! Clicked as you said (not on the drop-down menu), but on the "My Disney Experience". No blue box, etc.
Thanks so much, though. I really appreciate it. Many telcalls with the techs, etc. still haven't solved it, even though they can verify that I do have one, and the info is correct.As an aside, a CM told me if there is a prob with an ADR, hit "edit", don't make any changes, then hit enter, and it will come up.
Cheers, and again - Thanks!
Bill
A few folks have said when they did it they had to relink their reservation and it worked... but... that is how you see the countdown (when it works). :)

Upvote 0

empressofpurple

I wish they still had the monthly calendar of park hours and times... and that there was a comparison chart of "other" activities (bike rentals, surrey bikes, canoe/kayak rental, sailboats, motor boats, carriage rides, tennis, etc.) -- with times, locations and prices easily accessible. You can find the info under "sports/recreation" under "activities" but you have to click on each one and the info is spotty at best.

Upvote 0

Figgy1

I wish they still had the monthly calendar of park hours and times... and that there was a comparison chart of "other" activities (bike rentals, surrey bikes, canoe/kayak rental, sailboats, motor boats, carriage rides, tennis, etc.) -- with times, locations and prices easily accessible. You can find the info under "sports/recreation" under "activities" but you have to click on each one and the info is spotty at best.
I found it by accident a couple of weeks ago don't know if it was a glitch or what. I come here for the calendars I've always liked the ones here bettter.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Argh what is with this site?? I clicked on "Special Offers" then clicked back and it's been hung for 5 minutes. So I try again (close browser, open it back up) and it's loaded half the image and text from the main page. They've got to realize that most people want to book online these days right? *sigh* /rantoff

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom