Disney's website

jlsHouston

Well.. I haven't taken to the new website very well... I think maybe it locks up less than the old one does... Hard to create saved offers and once I do, hard to find them again. But the most difficult thing was find my " how many days for you! "The old one announced it on the homepage, This new one has this little square date thing in the corner....doesn't have the same happy feeling to it:(.

taz0162

Looking at a Disneyland 3 day stay attached to a Wedding in California in August. That side of the site has issues as well and still does not have a My Disney Experiance feature. WDW's site was and is still the better than that side. Yeah I was surprised with the amount of glitches (sorry Vanalope) that there was with the new WDW site when they switched to it but I do like the total imersion that can be included with the site and phone ap's. Planning the trip and being able to pull up your reservations at any time.

Upvote 0

MouseDreaming

Mark me among those who aren't feeling the magic. I can't add DD's birthday celebration, can't seem to find where to add Magical Express information. When I called to change my original reservation, the CM who was helping me kept having problems with the software on that end, and finally had to get Guest Relations to help. After over an hour, and feeling like I accomplished something, the invoice came back with the wrong dates. Everything else had the right dates, though. So, yeah, not very magical.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Well.. I haven't taken to the new website very well... I think maybe it locks up less than the old one does... Hard to create saved offers and once I do, hard to find them again. But the most difficult thing was find my " how many days for you! "The old one announced it on the homepage, This new one has this little square date thing in the corner....doesn't have the same happy feeling to it:(.
I personally like the layout and functionality of the new site (in general) but agree it seems more buggy... especially on older browsers. The "how many days" thing is now under the "My Disney Experience" link but agreed it's just kind of "eh." My biggest complaint is no longer having the ability to add celebrations to ADRs etc. after the fact. Upgrading is fine but I wish they hadn't taken away functionality that existed before. I suppose tho it's similar to what they often do with attractions (completely gut it and start over rather than just upgrading the experience). LOL

Upvote 0

meyeet

I personally like the layout and functionality of the new site (in general) but agree it seems more buggy... especially on older browsers. The "how many days" thing is now under the "My Disney Experience" link but agreed it's just kind of "eh." My biggest complaint is no longer having the ability to add celebrations to ADRs etc. after the fact. Upgrading is fine but I wish they hadn't taken away functionality that existed before. I suppose tho it's similar to what they often do with attractions (completely gut it and start over rather than just upgrading the experience). LOL

I was looking for the "how many days" count on the website the other day and could not find it. Looking now under "My Disney Experience" I still can't find it. Any direction on where it is?

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

I was looking for the "how many days" count on the website the other day and could not find it. Looking now under "My Disney Experience" I still can't find it. Any direction on where it is?
Click on the actual "My Disney Experience" link (not anything in the menu that pops up beneath it). That will take you to your page with your reservations etc. and at the very top is a calendar block with a number in it (that's your number of days). Big blue/white box beneath your character banner.

Upvote 0

meyeet

Click on the actual "My Disney Experience" link (not anything in the menu that pops up beneath it). That will take you to your page with your reservations etc. and at the very top is a calendar block with a number in it (that's your number of days). Big blue/white box beneath your character banner.

Thanks! So when I went there I didn't have a calendar thingy, I was just asked about planning my next stay or to link a reservation. Now even though when I clicked the "My Reservations" link and could see that I had a linked reservation already, I tried linking an existing reservation again. After completing that my calendar thingy displayed with the countdown.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

Thanks! So when I went there I didn't have a calendar thingy, I was just asked about planning my next stay or to link a reservation. Now even though when I clicked the "My Reservations" link and could see that I had a linked reservation already, I tried linking an existing reservation again. After completing that my calendar thingy displayed with the countdown.
And there's a nice example of the "still very buggy" new site! LOL :D

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

It keeps losing my itinerary, and the dining and resort sections are a bit of a mess. Some of the resort room photos don't come up. Ditto many of the restaurant menus. Also, on one of the days I looked, Sanaa wasn't listed anywhere as a dining option -- even typing it into the search box turned up nothing! The website currently has so many glitches, I hesitate to trust it for anything.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

It keeps losing my itinerary, and the dining and resort sections are a bit of a mess. Some of the resort room photos don't come up. Ditto many of the restaurant menus. Also, on one of the days I looked, Sanaa wasn't listed anywhere as a dining option -- even typing it into the search box turned up nothing! The website currently has so many glitches, I hesitate to trust it for anything.
My experience... when I pulled up the "My Disney Experience" app on my iPad it was smooth as silk. The only issue I ran into on it was half the time when I tried to make an ADR it said there were no times available but when I did it on the laptop there were 2 or 3. Other than that the app was much less buggy. I think maybe that's actually almost on purpose (accidentally on purpose if that makes sense). SOOOO much focus on making mobile experiences the best they can be these days that often the back end stuff is optimized for mobile.

Upvote 0

WDW_Emily

Mark me among those who aren't feeling the magic. I can't add DD's birthday celebration, can't seem to find where to add Magical Express information. When I called to change my original reservation, the CM who was helping me kept having problems with the software on that end, and finally had to get Guest Relations to help. After over an hour, and feeling like I accomplished something, the invoice came back with the wrong dates. Everything else had the right dates, though. So, yeah, not very magical.
Having the same issues right now. I love the new resort pages and how you can plan everyday. We just booked our flights last week and can't seem to figure out how to add Magical express to our already existing reservation. We can do online check in in 10 days so maybe when we do that it will come up? I have no idea.

We also want to pay the remainder of our hotel before we go and also can't find out how to do it on the site. Guess we will be making Disney a call soon to get everything squared away.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom