Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

Villains0501

Not too sad to see this go. Looked like a Once Upon a Time reboot and I hated that show. The book source material this series was supposed to be based on isn't very good either. Hopefully, if Disney decides to go in a different direction with their Villains, they'll choose to animate them, not give them ill-fitting live action makeovers. And make them wicked, not misunderstood.

Tank Man

fr-jpg.401077

doctornick

I dont even want to know how much Disney is spending in its first years on Disney+ has to be easily in the upper 30-40 billion dollar range if not more. So many series its insane.

Yeah, I'm pretty shocked at the amount of original content being developed. I thought they'd lean heavier on their library for both classic stuff and new releases. I'm intrigued.

Tony Perkis

Random ? But does anyone think Disney might delay the digital release of Lion King so it can launch on Disney+ as the 1st place its streaming? Films typically release on digital 3 months after release. This would put Lion King's normal digital release around late October however with the Disney plus launch a few weeks later would it make more sense to keep the movie in theaters a bit longer and delay the traditional Digital release so that it launches along side Disney+ with Disney hoping more people sign up to Disney+ vs buying on youtube or google play to stream Lion King?
No.

This is why I highly doubted the notion that Disney was releasing so many of these live action remakes in 2019 to line up with Disney+. They still have a contract with Netflix they have to respect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom