Disney's Streaming Services: Disney+ (and Hulu, ESPN+, Star, & hotstar)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I will be signing up for a month of Hulu so I can watch this! Time to trawl through this thread to see what else I might want to watch on Hulu.

This may interest you...

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

pigglewiggle

I'm wondering if everyone else sees the apps on their tv the same as we do?

We had separate Hulu and Disney + subscriptions, now they are combined.
But we still open each channel in their own app on our Roku. So I guess my only complaint is that why are all the Hulu shows in the Disney + menu?
Is this because people who have the bundled subscription only have one app for both channels?
Do we even need the Hulu app anymore?

_caleb

I'm wondering if everyone else sees the apps on their tv the same as we do?

We had separate Hulu and Disney + subscriptions, now they are combined.
But we still open each channel in their own app on our Roku. So I guess my only complaint is that why are all the Hulu shows in the Disney + menu?
Is this because people who have the bundled subscription only have one app for both channels?
Do we even need the Hulu app anymore?
Right now, they're sort of in between the progression from "3 separate apps" (Hulu, D+, ESPN+) to an "All-in-One app" right. You can now see most Hulu streaming content in the D+ interface, but people who ONLY subscribe to Hulu, or people who subscribe to the Hulu+Live TV option, will still need the Hulu app.

Increasingly, they're rolling out live TV events, like concerts, live sports, etc. Eventually, I think we'll use the D+ app to access all this content (and more, like gaming, shopping, parks visits, etc.).

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.... One App to rule them all!

Except for Hulu Live, which isn't likely to get bundled into Disney+.

So, One App to rule them all!

Except also for the Joint Venture with WBD and Fox for Venu, their combined sports streamer.

Except also for this Summer's bundle of D+, Hulu, and Max and HBO.

So, One App to rule them all!... Except for Hulu Live, Venu, and the WBD bundle!!

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+.... One App to rule them all!

Except for Hulu Live, which isn't likely to get bundled into Disney+.

Except also for the Joint Venture with WBD and Fox for Venu, their combined sports streamer.

Except also for this Summer's bundle of D+, Hulu, and Max and HBO.

So, One App to rule them all!... Except for Hulu Live, Venu, and the WBD bundle!!
One App to rule them all, based on your needs, subscriptions, and budgetary consideration....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The former head of Amazon prime.

Did he try rebooting?

But seriously, I’ve never had any of those issues with crashes and such when using D+. But maybe others have, dunno.

Also you forgot to mention he is a former Disney executive, and was involved in the Weinstein “issues” plus allegations of his own, which is why he is no longer with Amazon. So yeah I take what this guy says with a whole country full of salt.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster

Current myPlan perks do give Verizon wireless customers discounts on a Netflix-Max with ads bundle for $10/month (a 40% savings) and a Disney bundle of Disney+ (no ads), Hulu (with ads) and ESPN+ for $10/month (which is 33% less than a package Disney offers that includes Disney+ with ads). In addition, Verizon is currently offering six months of the Disney bundle for no extra charge to customers who switch to either the Unlimited Plus or Unlimited Ultimate plan.​
Under such reseller deals, Verizon typically pays a per-subscriber wholesale rate to its partners. To date, Verizon has signed up 13 million video subscribers overall, according to Frank Boulben, chief revenue officer for Verizon Consumer Group.​

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Current myPlan perks do give Verizon wireless customers discounts on a Netflix-Max with ads bundle for $10/month (a 40% savings) and a Disney bundle of Disney+ (no ads), Hulu (with ads) and ESPN+ for $10/month (which is 33% less than a package Disney offers that includes Disney+ with ads). In addition, Verizon is currently offering six months of the Disney bundle for no extra charge to customers who switch to either the Unlimited Plus or Unlimited Ultimate plan.​
Under such reseller deals, Verizon typically pays a per-subscriber wholesale rate to its partners. To date, Verizon has signed up 13 million video subscribers overall, according to Frank Boulben, chief revenue officer for Verizon Consumer Group.​

So can this be applied to existing customers of the various streaming services or do you have to cancel and then resubscribed through the provider?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Hulu final valuation still up in the air, Disney and Comcast still far apart -

Disney and Comcast Hit Impasse in Final Lap of Hulu Negotiations​

Original link wasn't working, so added a few more that all have the same story.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hulu final valuation still up in the air, Disney and Comcast still far apart -

Disney and Comcast Hit Impasse in Final Lap of Hulu Negotiations​

Original link wasn't working, so added a few more that all have the same story.

This seems a whole lot of nothing.

Their agreement hinges on the valuation of a third company they mutually name.

So.. what *exactly* is the issue? Did they not agree on a third company? Is one of them disputing that third company's valuation?

The original WSJ article doesn't say. Which is exceedingly bad journalism if that's the case. Just throwing out there "they disagree and it might go to court" is meaningless. It's clickbait without more details.

The Desk.Net sums it up nicely: "Citing “people familiar with the situation,” the Journal stated that Comcast and Disney could wind up in a “court battle” over the valuation of Hulu, though the article published on Friday didn’t explain why litigation was an option given the clear terms of the sale, including the dispute resolution process."

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This seems a whole lot of nothing.

Their agreement hinges on the valuation of a third company they mutually name.

So.. what *exactly* is the issue? Did they not agree on a third company? Is one of them disputing that third company's valuation?

The original WSJ article doesn't say. Which is exceedingly bad journalism if that's the case. Just throwing out there "they disagree and it might go to court" is meaningless. It's clickbait without more details.

The Desk.Net sums it up nicely: "Citing “people familiar with the situation,” the Journal stated that Comcast and Disney could wind up in a “court battle” over the valuation of Hulu, though the article published on Friday didn’t explain why litigation was an option given the clear terms of the sale, including the dispute resolution process."
I agree overall, just seems like more delays that may just end up in resulting in nothing.

_caleb

Disney’s like, “It’s only worth like a couple hundred bucks!” and Comcast is like, “We’ll settle for eleventy quadrillion and Hollywood Studios.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom