Disneys recent shows on disney channel

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
Does anyone else think that some of the new disney shows are reall idiotic such as dave the barbarian:brick: :hurl: and the like. what ever happend to the good funny shows like even stevens? don't mean to offend n e 1 who likes the new shows. just asking for peoples opinion.

WDWKat26

I can't stand American Dragon Jake Long...I think it's rediculous having a Chinese kid talking ghetto like, "I'm the AM DRAG YO!" I just want to yell at the people who created the show and just say, "GET REAL!". I still like "That's So Raven" and I miss "Lizzie McGuire".

imagineer boy

The only shows I actually l ike on the Disney channel are That's so Raven, Kim Possible, and the older shows like Even Stevens. The rest is just crap. Jake Long is insulting to my intelegence. I saw an episode where he had to clean the toilet with "tounue of the dragon." Come on, that's not funny. That's gross un-disney crap.

FigmentJedi

Hey, I like Jake Long and Dave. Them, House of Mouse and Kim Possible are the only shows I can stand on that channel.
And the cleaning the toilet bowl with the toungue was part of some sort of "Karate Kid" style training exercise(where doing chores can teach you karate methods somehow..)

MagicalMonorail

I agree. The new shows are odd and un-Disney like. Maggie, Jake Long, and Dave just don't seem like Disney quality shows. The only animated show I like is Kim Possible, which is cancelled, but The Proud Family is pretty funny. I prefer the live-action shows such as Lizzie McGuire and That's So Raven. Sister Sister and Boy Meets World are also great.

I guess we'll have to see about that new live-action show that's coming out.

pluto77

Yeah, that Maggie show looks awful. They look like stick people. House of Mouse, Kim Possible, and Proud Family are the only animated ones I like. I also like the older That's So Raven's (although they play them way too much, and the new ones aren't as good). Lizzie, Sister Sister, and Boy Meets World were good too, but again those are the older ones. Boy Meets World definitely my favorite. Oh, and actually Recess is an okay animated one too. Besides House of Mouse and maybe Kim Possible, none of them compare to the old ones like TaleSpin and Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers. I agree though, Disney Channel is lacking quality in there new shows these days.

General Grizz

I find the new shows to be filled with pop and predictable cliches and styles found in all the other networks. "Mr. Whiskers" is Spongebob Squarepants. Waste of time.

Not worth it. It's been weeks since I've turned on the Disney Channel and watched a program.

On a side note, it seems that the same movies are shown constantly on Disney or Wonderful World of Disney: Tarzan, Lilo and Stitch, Bugs Life, Toy Story, Pocahontas, etc. :brick:

wedway71

i REALLY miss the old disney channel.i first got the disney channel in 1984-when it wasnt even a 24 hour channel-it signed off at midnight and came back on at 6 am with mousersize.back then it was more for disney fans .it had the classics including all the old disney animation and old disney shows like davie crockett,zoro,and many others.

in the late 80s they used to have alot of mini shorts (in between shows) about disney theme parks.one that comes to mind was called IMAGINE which showcased all of epcots new technology and every week was different. one of the series that i really liked too was called DANGER BAY-was about a marine biologist who lived in vancouver and always was inthe middle of some major ordeal like saving the wales from some big corporate entity who polluted the waters,etc.
my all time fave was a show called disneyworld inside/out. it was a show that showcased all things around disney theme parks even behind the scenes too.

now my kids watch disney channel and like all the curent shows but i wish it went back to the old ways-i know disney has to be current to compete with nick and cartoon network but give us disney ole timers some love too.

OliveMcFly

If Dave the Barbarian is on I will watch...it makes me laugh. Some of the new shows are just really blah. Like this new one call the Buzz or something...I don't know. I think it's about a fly. Would it kill Disney to put Mickey or Donald in a friggin cartoon on the channel?

wdwishes2005

Original Poster
DisneyGrl85 said:
If Dave the Barbarian is on I will watch...it makes me laugh. Some of the new shows are just really blah. Like this new one call the Buzz or something...I don't know. I think it's about a fly. Would it kill Disney to put Mickey or Donald in a friggin cartoon on the channel?

i guess so. i wish they'd play more even stevens, sister sister and thats so raven. they were worth watching. i guess i'm just a crumugeon.

DisKid

General Grizz said:
On a side note, it seems that the same movies are shown constantly on Disney or Wonderful World of Disney: Tarzan, Lilo and Stitch, Bugs Life, Toy Story, Pocahontas, etc. :brick:

I COMPLETELY agree!! Everytime I see the new line up, I think....geez...that was just on WWOD. It seems like The Emperor's New Groove is also one of those constantly shown.

As for the Disney Channel shows, I miss so much about the old Disney Channel. For instance, they never show any of the classic films anymore--usually only the Disney Channel Originals. I miss the fact that it use to be advertisment free, except in between shows (because Walt found that advertisements were a disruption to the show). Besides, it seems like all the ads are for disney shows anyways...why can't they wait? There's no ads for companys that help support the station... And for shows, I miss the early 90's programming--The Gummi Bears, Rescue Rangers, Duck Tales, Tale Spin. Those were the good shows. I don't see why they need to replace good shows so often. I mean look at Nick--aren't they still doing Rugrats? Come on that has been on forever!

Mario

wedway71 said:
i REALLY miss the old disney channel.i first got the disney channel in 1984-when it wasnt even a 24 hour channel-it signed off at midnight and came back on at 6 am with mousersize.back then it was more for disney fans .it had the classics including all the old disney animation and old disney shows like davie crockett,zoro,and many others.

in the late 80s they used to have alot of mini shorts (in between shows) about disney theme parks.one that comes to mind was called IMAGINE which showcased all of epcots new technology and every week was different. one of the series that i really liked too was called DANGER BAY-was about a marine biologist who lived in vancouver and always was inthe middle of some major ordeal like saving the wales from some big corporate entity who polluted the waters,etc.
my all time fave was a show called disneyworld inside/out. it was a show that showcased all things around disney theme parks even behind the scenes too.

now my kids watch disney channel and like all the curent shows but i wish it went back to the old ways-i know disney has to be current to compete with nick and cartoon network but give us disney ole timers some love too.

I've heard about Disney World Inside/Out. I grew up in the wrong time. I guess it wouldn't have really mattered, I don't have cable anyways, but still.

I really don't like Sister/Sister or the new shows. I agree, they should be showing stuff that actually has to do with Disney.

crazycalf

My neighbor loves the suite life of zach and cody, but she is 12.

Phil of the Future is pretty good.

The show I miss the most is the Jersey. I wish they would put that out on DVD.

prberk

Mario said:
I've heard about Disney World Inside/Out. I grew up in the wrong time. I guess it wouldn't have really mattered, I don't have cable anyways, but still.

I really don't like Sister/Sister or the new shows. I agree, they should be showing stuff that actually has to do with Disney.

Inside/Out was a great little Walt Disney World show. In fact, it showed the ceremonies for the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney World, just like the ceremonies held today in Disneyland. Only, this time around the so-called "Disney" Channel did not see fit to notice....

It was more important to show re-runs of "That's So Raven."

And we won't even mention ABC (the network that showed Disneyland's opening ceremony 50 years ago today)....

I agree also completely with wedway71. The old Disney channel was more Disney. The new shows today are fine (well, most of them), but should be added with classic Disney and with shows like Inside/Out.

Paul

Woody13

prberk said:
Inside/Out was a great little Walt Disney World show. In fact, it showed the ceremonies for the 25th anniversary of Walt Disney World, just like the ceremonies held today in Disneyland. Only, this time around the so-called "Disney" Channel did not see fit to notice....

It was more important to show re-runs of "That's So Raven."

And we won't even mention ABC (the network that showed Disneyland's opening ceremony 50 years ago today)....

I agree also completely with wedway71. The old Disney channel was more Disney. The new shows today are fine (well, most of them), but should be added with classic Disney and with shows like Inside/Out.

Paul
Paul, I grew up in Virginia back in the 50's and 60's on a farm. Our family was dirt poor with dirt floors! We never had electricity. I used to go down to the hardware store and watch the Disney TV shows when I was a child. Back in those days, hardware stores sold TV's. They always had the newest model behind the plate glass window and they kept it on 24/7! I would make a trip down to the store before the show and request that the channel be set to the local ABC station and ask them to turn the volume up before they closed down the store for the night.

I would go down there and sit on a milk crate and watch. They had cable back then! It was a repeater system. Only big cities had TV stations, so when you lived out in the country they did repeater broadcasts. I don't know the details because we never had such a thing, but the hardware store did!

Heck, to be honest, our family didn't even measure up to the first scene in CoP in those days. Those folks were livin' high on the hog!

prberk

Woody13 said:
Paul, I grew up in Virginia back in the 50's and 60's on a farm. Our family was dirt poor with dirt floors! We never had electricity. I used to go down to the hardware store and watch the Disney TV shows when I was a child. Back in those days, hardware stores sold TV's. They always had the newest model behind the plate glass window and they kept it on 24/7! I would make a trip down to the store before the show and request that the channel be set to the local ABC station and ask them to turn the volume up before they closed down the store for the night.

I would go down there and sit on a milk crate and watch. They had cable back then! It was a repeater system. Only big cities had TV stations, so when you lived out in the country they did repeater broadcasts. I don't know the details because we never had such a thing, but the hardware store did!

Heck, to be honest, our family didn't even measure up to the first scene in CoP in those days. Those folks were livin' high on the hog!

Wow Woody. That's a great story! Very Americana.

I was not exactly poor growing up, but I was not exactly rich, either. And I appreciate some of the things that I experienced (like growing a garden and canning for the winter) that I know other people just will never know.

My father's side of the family was from farm country in Southside Virginia (near Keysville and Farmville), and many still farmed as I grew up. It was definitely tobacco country! Wondered if you grew up around that area. Either way, I understand your comments.

I guess we appreciate things more, also, when we have to work harder to get them.

As for the Disney Channel, I just wish that they would realize the value of the original mix of programming that they had... something that worked enough even to draw you to the hardware store window week after week...

(and yes, I remember hardware stores selling TVs).

Thanks for the comments.

Paul

Woody13

prberk said:
Wondered if you grew up around that area. Either way, I understand your comments.

I guess we appreciate things more, also, when we have to work harder to get them.
I grew up in Waynesboro. All the members of my family were tenant farmers. One of my uncles got a job in the 1950's with the big DuPont plant in Waynesboro. He was the only one I remember ever having real money. Our family lived off the barter system. The only thing I had to trade was a strong back. :lol: Our entire family had been tenant farmers for at least 4 generations. I wanted something different and I knew the key to getting out of poverty was education.

Yes, like you, I have knowledge, skills and abilities that I learned on the farm that have helped me greatly in my life.

prberk

Woody13 said:
I grew up in Waynesboro. All the members of my family were tenant farmers. One of my uncles got a job in the 1950's with the big DuPont plant in Waynesboro. He was the only one I remember ever having real money. Our family lived off the barter system. The only thing I had to trade was a strong back. :lol: Our entire family had been tenant farmers for at least 4 generations. I wanted something different and I knew the key to getting out of poverty was education.

Yes, like you, I have knowledge, skills and abilities that I learned on the farm that have helped me greatly in my life.

(Thread drift warning)

How is your family today? Do many still live in Virginia, or did they move with you? What did most of your relatives end up doing over time? Just curious.

You mentioned that the key to improvement was education. I was the first in my family to go to college. I went to William and Mary here in Virginia, but despite a reputable college and good grades, it took a while to get a job after my graduation (in 1988). Although I finally did get one (as an internal auditor for a retailer) after about nine months, at first I worried that my extended family would start with "I told you so... all that hi-priced and hi-fallutin' college and now all you have is debt...".

But at Christmas the year after graduation, while I still did not have a permanent job (I was doing temp work), I was completely surprised to see how everyone acted proud of me anyway. It was nice to see their support. I really had a nice effect on me.

Once again a lesson learned...

Paul

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom