Disney's Polynesian Resort feature pool refurbishment

worldfanatic

Would be nice if they finally gave us a hot tub. You know, for $400+ a night, I think people deserve one.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

One of the biggest mysteries of Walt Disney World.

Why does a Deluxe, "POLYNESIAN THEMED"!!!!!!!! resort not have a jacuzzi?????

If they built a resort in Hawaii or French Polynesia without a jacuzzi............they'd be laughed off the island!

It's mind boggling!!!!!!

Upvote 0

MichaelinTN

Now I'm annoyed.
This is our first stay at a deluxe as a family and my 5 year old is really looking forward to the "volcano" pool and the slide. We are there 3/3 - 3/8. Now the slide probably will not be open and this is on top of the news that Dumbo is delayed and will not be open when are there. I had figured Dumbo was a long shot but the pool being refurbed in March annoys me.
Is it worth calling to complain about the pool?

Upvote 0

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Now I'm annoyed.
This is our first stay at a deluxe as a family and my 5 year old is really looking forward to the "volcano" pool and the slide. We are there 3/3 - 3/8. Now the slide probably will not be open and this is on top of the news that Dumbo is delayed and will not be open when are there. I had figured Dumbo was a long shot but the pool being refurbed in March annoys me.

You can complain but during quieter seasons refurbs simply cannot be avoided!!

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Now I'm annoyed.

Sorry, they are certainly NOT going to change the refurbish schedule to accommodate your trip.

Upvote 0

MichaelinTN

Sorry, they are certainly NOT going to change the refurbish schedule to accommodate your trip.

Really? They're not? Shocking.
Did you honestly think I was asking if they would change their schedule because of my visit? Wow, I hope you aren't that dense.
My point was that they didn't announce the refurbishment until now - within the window of when I have already had to pay the balance of my vacation, and I was curious about compensation since a portion of the amenities are not available.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Really? They're not? Shocking.
Did you honestly think I was asking if they would change their schedule because of my visit? Wow, I hope you aren't that dense.
My point was that they didn't announce the refurbishment until now - within the window of when I have already had to pay the balance of my vacation, and I was curious about compensation since a portion of the amenities are not available.

My my...aren't we snarky. :rolleyes:

Perhaps I am THAT dense, you are the one that asked the question on an open forum about what you should do.

If you don't want an answer, don't ask the question.

Upvote 0

MichaelinTN

I'm snarky? You are the one that used capital letters in an attempt to tell me the world didn't revolve around me like that is what I was implying.
Yes, I did post the question in hopes of a civil discourse about possible, if any, actions Disney may take for my inconvenience.
So, thank you for your kind and helpful reply. By the way, you might want to read your own signature.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Read the terms and conditions in your reservation - they owe you nothing.

You'll find something like

"Parks, restaurants, attractions, recreation, entertainment, and other products, services or items are subject to change without notice, cancellation, and may close temporarily due to refurbishing, capacity, inclement weather or special events and may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability to the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort."

Upvote 0

unkadug

I'm snarky? You are the one that used capital letters in an attempt to tell me the world didn't revolve around me like that is what I was implying.
Yes, I did post the question in hopes of a civil discourse about possible, if any, actions Disney may take for my inconvenience.
So, thank you for your kind and helpful reply. By the way, you might want to read your own signature.

You are the one being snarky and hateful. :wave:

Upvote 0

MichaelinTN

I figured they didn't have any obligation but was curious if anyone had any experience with Disney compensating in a similar situation.
One of the big upsells for a deluxe is the pool and to announce the refurb with such short notice is what annoyed me.

Upvote 0

unkadug

I figured they didn't have any obligation but was curious if anyone had any experience with Disney compensating in a similar situation.
One of the big upsells for a deluxe is the pool and to announce the refurb with such short notice is what annoyed me.

It does appear that you will still be able to use the pool.

There is also the possibility that the slide will open for at least part of your trip.

The pool will remain open during the refurbishment, but the pool slide will be closed from February 6 for approximately 4 weeks.

Upvote 0

ProfSlim

I'm a huge Poly resort fan..and have stayed there for my last 7 trips...but I must say the volcano pool is no great shakes. It seems always in need of repair/refurb.

Looks like it will stay open during refurb, which is good for you since resorts seem to be cracking down on guests "trying out" other resort pools.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I'm a huge Poly resort fan..and have stayed there for my last 7 trips...but I must say the volcano pool is no great shakes. It seems always in need of repair/refurb.

It's not. It's too small, there's no hot tub, and the slide is no better than any other slide at a Deluxe Resort.

If I didn't know I'd come out looking like the Swamp Thing, I'd prefer to swim in Seven Seas Lagoon.

Upvote 0

mickey2008.1

I doubt they will compensate you, but maybe transfer you to another deluxe resort with an operating pool they will do. At least it's worth the call. You may get get lucky and get GF! Or if you are set on Poly, they will let you use Gf pool, which has a great slide as well. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom