Disney's new Ticket.

Stevens4

Hello,
What does everyone think about the New Ticket that Disney has come out with? Getting into the Parks after 12:00 pm. My question would be if my family, bought these tickets and the parks were crowded would we still be allowed in?
I like the idea tho because my kids like to sleep in.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Its not for me because I like to rope drop but it could be a good thing for me if a lot of people opt to buy those tickets instead and then rope drop will be less crowded.

Phased closures really only go into effect between Christmas eve and New years day so unless you're going during that time I wouldn't worry about it.
Plus like I said its phased closures and I think the first phase is 1 day tickets and then off site guests.

Upvote 0

bUU

What does everyone think about the New Ticket that Disney has come out with? Getting into the Parks after 12:00 pm. My question would be if my family, bought these tickets and the parks were crowded would we still be allowed in?
I like the idea tho because my kids like to sleep in.
I'll be interested to learn the answer, but we may not have an opportunity to do so until Christmastime. My guess would be 'no'. Guests with regular tickets have been turned away when parks were full. I don't see any reason that they would treat after-noon tickets any different from regular tickets.

I'm curious about Disney's motivation behind these tickets, though. Is Disney seeing a problem with rope drop crowding now that these tickets are aiming to address?

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

From my understanding the mid-day tickets are only valid until dec 15 anyways so its very unlikely that there would be a phase closing while they are valid.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

I'll be interested to learn the answer, but we may not have an opportunity to do so until Christmastime. My guess would be 'no'. Guests with regular tickets have been turned away when parks were full. I don't see any reason that they would treat after-noon tickets any different from regular tickets.

I'm curious about Disney's motivation behind these tickets, though. Is Disney seeing a problem with rope drop crowding now that these tickets are aiming to address?

Probably hoping to sneak in a few extra ticket sales. Grandma/Grandpa doesn't want to get up early, someone wants to sneak a park day in around a business trip after an early AM flight to MCO, etc.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

I'd also say, given how much they increased ticket prices last year and how attendance hasn't increased, instead of having to admit to overpricing their tickets and decreasing the cost they found a "promo" to increase sales at a more affordable cost, many guests would only go to the parks after 12 anyways. The mornings have usually been the "slower" hours at the parks.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Some guests will be taking advantage of the slight discounted price. I am always at the parks early to get as much time in as possible. I can see how people who sleep in or arrive later would see the value in these tickets. I would like it if I encountered less people at the rope drops and have a quieter park for a few hours..

Upvote 0

Stevens4

Original Poster
Thanks for all your responses. I have mixed feelings about it but I know that my kids would be in favor of it so they can have pool time before the parks.

Upvote 0

Zé_Carioca

Thanks for all your responses. I have mixed feelings about it but I know that my kids would be in favor of it so they can have pool time before the parks.

Honestly, comparing the prices i'd say it is worth it, it saves you money (and for tickets for a family the money saved on each individual ticket really adds up) and you only miss 3 park hours. If your children sleep in as is and you wouldn't make it to the parks for park open, the mid-day tickets are a good option!

Edited to add: It seems like you're hesitant to trust the ticket but it is just like a regular ticket, same benefits and entitlements, just with shorter hours.

It is a matter of seeing what works best for each family. Those who enjoy going in early to have shorter waits will pay the difference for the regular tickets and those who would take their time in the mornings and only get to the parks later can save some money plus it encourages families that were in the fence about visiting due to the steep ticket prices to visit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

UofMGuy423

I'm taking my two teen boys next week and I went with these mid-day tickets. Instead of spending $975 for 3 day passes, I spent $729 and saved $250. Both of my boys like to sleep in, so we weren't getting to the parks before noon anyways. So saving $250 made sense to me!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom