Disneys Most Unusual Beers..

Princess_AmyK

Never really had any unusual beers at WDW. I've drank just about all the unusual. Weird beers around, here in Austin. But, I DO really dig me some Blue Moon, and of course, some Black and Tan from Rose and Crown. :)
'Course, then there's always the Dos Equis in Mexico, the Tsingtao in China, etc., etc., etc.... ;)
Hello fellow austin dweller! I was just thinking about how lucky i am that austin has awesome beer. Wdw definitely doesnt compare . The jester king brewery is my favorite brewery here. :)

donaldtoo

Hello fellow austin dweller! I was just thinking about how lucky i am that austin has awesome beer. Wdw definitely doesnt compare . The jester king brewery is my favorite brewery here. :)

Howdy!!! right back at ya' fellow Austinite! :)
I have A LOT of beer under my belt at my age and, yes, we do indeed have some GREAT beers available around here. I'm a native Texan and my mother is originally from Shiner, Texas. You get the idea...! ;)

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Someday Disney will get on board with different and unique US craft beers and share their delights with the world. Sadly, there just isn't anything at Disney that I would consider the least bit unusual. In terms of great quality, Unibroue is an exceptional brewery with some unique flavors (if only Disney would get their Chambly Noire with I think is truly excellent).

Redlight Redlight in Orlando is THE local place to get unique craft beers. Truly exceptional selection. All kinds of flavors that most folks don't imagine exist in the beer world. And at half the price of a beer in Disney!

If you are willing to make a drive, 1 hour down the road in Tampa is Cigar City Brewing who have some excellent beers, and a unique Espresso Brown Ale worth the drive (in my opinion).

Full disclosure: My wife and I are both beer 'enthusiasts' (she used to bartend at a place with 40+ taps) and have each tried in the neighborhood of 1000 different beers, so our opinions likely need to be taken with a grain of salt. Luckily our 'enthusiasm' has not moved to 'snob' level yet, as my go-to beers are still Guiness and Newcastle and hers are Sierra Nevada Pale and Harp.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Someday Disney will get on board with different and unique US craft beers and share their delights with the world. Sadly, there just isn't anything at Disney that I would consider the least bit unusual. In terms of great quality, Unibroue is an exceptional brewery with some unique flavors (if only Disney would get their Chambly Noire with I think is truly excellent).

Redlight Redlight in Orlando is THE local place to get unique craft beers. Truly exceptional selection. All kinds of flavors that most folks don't imagine exist in the beer world. And at half the price of a beer in Disney!

If you are willing to make a drive, 1 hour down the road in Tampa is Cigar City Brewing who have some excellent beers, and a unique Espresso Brown Ale worth the drive (in my opinion).

Full disclosure: My wife and I are both beer 'enthusiasts' (she used to bartend at a place with 40+ taps) and have each tried in the neighborhood of 1000 different beers, so our opinions likely need to be taken with a grain of salt. Luckily our 'enthusiasm' has not moved to 'snob' level yet, as my go-to beers are still Guiness and Newcastle and hers are Sierra Nevada Pale and Harp.
OMG...:eek: Harp.

Zipadeelady

My husband loves to try different beers and this up coming trip he wants to try different drinks and beers while were at Disney to make it more tolerable for him since this is our fourth trip and not the Disney nut that i am. o_O Isn't there somewhere that has a beer sampler? Is there any place that we should make sure we try to hit while were there. Maybe if the occasional alcohol drink is provided then he will have as much fun as the rest of us. ;)

disney magic 06

I had kronenburg at BOG, ok nothing special but it tasted extra nice because it was at MK.

I tried an orange blossom pilsner at Epcot, I thought it sounded a bit odd but it was lovely and very refreshing on a hot day. I also had a raspberry ale which I expected to be nice but it was strange, didn't really have a lot of flavour . I wouldn't have another.

danpam1024

My husband loves to try different beers and this up coming trip he wants to try different drinks and beers while were at Disney to make it more tolerable for him since this is our fourth trip and not the Disney nut that i am. o_O Isn't there somewhere that has a beer sampler? Is there any place that we should make sure we try to hit while were there. Maybe if the occasional alcohol drink is provided then he will have as much fun as the rest of us. ;)
Are you going during food and wine? The only "sampler" I know of is at Le Cellier- the Unibroue flight (which is delicious) and At Big River Grille (BW)-yuck

Bparso87

There is not to many crazy beers at Disney. I have the Sam Adams summer pack at home now and they have this one with blueberry in which is pretty good. If u like blue moon try hoegarden it is blue moon but better.

Hot Lava

Hello beer lovers everywhere..I was reading about American craft beer week today and noticed a beer called " Don Jalapeño " which has a spicy taste to it..Sounds weird but I would give it a try
There is a brewery in Boulder, CO called Twisted Pine. They have a beer called "Ghost Face Killah". It is made with 6 peppers - including the Ghost pepper. Hot stuff!

When that beer came out, a lot of people thought maybe TP would get sued by the rapper with the same name. Fortunately, when he heard about it, he was completely cool and just asked that they send him some. So glad to see someone not jump to lawsuit (looking at you, Gordon Biersch!).

WellFedDave

The weirdest beer we had, was the Leinenkugel Berry Weiss, which we fell in love with last year. It actually tastes like a berry wine spritzer at first, but then has a beer after taste, and it's a pinkish color. VERY good!!!

disney 2012 107 by DisneyDebNJ, on Flickr

Leinenkugel's or "Leine's" as it's known around these parts has some amazing seasonal beers as well. If you ever get a chance, try their Summer Shandy. If you thought the Berryweiss was good, the Shandy is gonna blow your mind.

lunchbox1175

I wouldn't say its weird tasting, but on my bachelor party, we were doing the tour of beers around the world and had gotten to Canada....we are about 8 beers in at this point and its only noon :D, we got some Moosehead, and then remembered we had fast passes for Soarin that we were going to have to use soon so we headed to the land pavilion and decided to go on LWL while we were waiting. We forgot that you can't have drinks in line, so we chugged them down...while I was originally enjoying the Moosehead, we discovered that it is NOT a good chugging beer...horrible after taste and burps after chugging.

Zman-ks

Total WinE! THere is a bomber caller TERRIBLE- it, too is yummy :)
75.gif

I have had that....so good! :)

LoveDiz

If you are looking for some good beers, there is a great app called "Beers and Ears". It's let's you know what kinds of beers are located throughout the parks and if you have a favorite, you can search where in the parks you can find it. I'm telling you, whoever thought up that app is brillant!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom