Disney's Magical Land of Melodies: A 5th Gate Proposal

Tip Top Club

I actually really like RCA, It sounds more retro and idealistic.

Between Perotin and Amadeus though, I'd probably pick Amadeus.

Just to be clear, I love listening to Armchair Imagineering Ideas, and while I love to offer suggestions, This is your project and you should do whatever you think is best! Hope you're having fun, can't wait to hear more!

SmartNoob89

Original Poster
Guess who's back! Sorry it's been so long, but no I'm ready to post my ideas since it's spring break. So let's start with the entrance:

Perotin Sqaure:

The design of this area is laid out in a way reminiscent of 19th century Italian cities. During this time, operas and concerts were all the rage, with peddlers on the street selling liberattos and sheet music of the latest performances. Imagine a village square, but with architecture that I'd like to describe as "universal," reflecting multiple styles. Some examples of this is from:

Royal Albert Hall, London
800px-royal_albert_hall.jpg

Heinz Hall for The Performing Arts, Pittsburgh, PA.
heinzhall1.jpg

Matt7187

Guess who's back! Sorry it's been so long, but no I'm ready to post my ideas since it's spring break. So let's start with the entrance:

Perotin Sqaure:

The design of this area is laid out in a way reminiscent of 19th century Italian cities. During this time, operas and concerts were all the rage, with peddlers on the street selling liberattos and sheet music of the latest performances. Imagine a village square, but with architecture that I'd like to describe as "universal," reflecting multiple styles. Some examples of this is from:

Royal Albert Hall, London
800px-royal_albert_hall.jpg

Heinz Hall for The Performing Arts, Pittsburgh, PA.
heinzhall1.jpg
I love Heinz hall! Go there a lot since I live in pittsburgh!

SmartNoob89

Original Poster
(Continued)

Generally, this area is for restaurants, shopping, and a couple minor attractions. Some include:

Restaurants:
Joe-Hei's Noodle Shack- (five guesses as to who this is named after)- The idea for this came from when walking around Bloomington and finding a place called Noodles & Company. Despite the name, this quick-casual stop will serve more than just ramen or other kinds of Asian pasta. There'd be Italian, American, and all sorts of dishes. Also, a variety of Coke flavors! This could be Sprite with Vanilla, Diet Coke with Orange, and so on. This feature is seen at places like Five Guys and Noodles & Company; I'd think Disney would be keen on using them!

Symphony of Sandwiches- A quick place to grab a bite, but with a wide variety of ways to develop your deli delicacy. Way more advanced than Subway or other chains.

Perotin Gelato Stop- A place to pick up sweet Italian Ice Cream in a variety of flavors.

Shops:

Leopold & Sherman's Inc.- A store which sort of reflects the music shops of the 80's and early 90's. However, there would be a variety of goods: music posters, books, t-shirts, and even a couple CD's or even vinyls. The important thing is that as many genres of music are represented.

Professor Pennywhistle's Music Emporium- A large wagon which contains simple instruments like recorders and ocarinas, as well as sheet music for them. Sometimes, the Professor himself may offer lessons on how to perform them!

Attractions:

The Tempo Hall of Musical Prodigies- How long can you hold a note? Are you an alto or a tenor? How much volume can your voice exude? These and many more challenges shall be tested by the Tempo Brothers and their variety of assistants.

Well, that's all I've got for the entrance now. However, feel free to post opinions or other suggestions for this area. I'll have the park icon area ready for tonight.

SmartNoob89

Original Poster
The Melodic Bowl

Here is where the main icon of the park stands. It is based largely off the Hollywood Bowl, a complex long seen in animation, particularly in Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry. Here's a picture of the place in it's current form:

hollywood-bowl-03_big.jpg

Now there would be a lot of area that people can use to watch events. Not only would there be outdoor seating, but also grassy hills where families could have picnics to watch. Stands selling traditional concert food and merchandise will be scattered round the area.

At night, this would be the main event for entertainment. But unlike any of the other parks, exactly what goes on every night will vary. Sometimes, it might be a musical group on tour or a symphony orchestra. Other-times, operas or musicals will performed for guests or even dance ensembles of various styles. The theater will be built to accomodate such variety.

However, beneath the Bowl, guests will find a hidden passageway leading to what seems to be a mix of theater and college lecture hall. This is the center of Professor Owl's Marvelous Musical Seminar. As expected, this little 3-D movie stars that professor from Toot, Whistle, Plunk, and Tweet and the various Sing-A-Long tapes from the 90's. In it, guests are treated to a whimsical presentation on the foundation of music and how it works. Here, 3-D images and sound direction would sychrounize, creating a rushing illusion; guests seem to realistically hear images as they pass by.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom