News Disney's Magical Express to end after 2021

Crunchie9

$32 (round trip) is not a bad deal for a solo traveler, imo. Don't know how much that'd be with Uber, but I'm guessing probably a bit more than that. 🤷‍♀️
32 is what I paid for a bus to hard rock. We ubered it to pop and the believe it was around 20 bucks.

Tried to Uber from pop to magic kingdom and it was a terrible experience that ended up with us asking to be let out at the poly………..

MissingDisney

Just got back from a trip and used Mears from the airport to Disney and return.

From MCO to Disney was horrible. We waited for nearly a half hour in the roped section in the airport and then sat on a bus for probably another 20 to 30 minutes until we left. We were the 7th, yes 7th, stop And when we got off, there were still people on the bus. We rode the bus well over an hour until we reached our resort.

The return trip was fine. On time pick up and direct to MCO.

ToTBellHop

Is there chart of how Mears drops off to WDW hotels? In what order?
1647379070854.jpeg

Incomudro

We (my family and I are going to WDW) on Monday the 21st.
I haven't arranged transportation from Orlando Airport to and from WDW yet. (we used Magic Express on all of our previous trips)
Can I book the Mears transport now? Or is it too late?
Thanks!

Disney4family

We used FL Tours. We heard about it from Pete on The Dis. It was $195 round trip for 5 passengers (with 5 suitcases & 5 backpacks). We asked for a large SUV. We were upgraded with no charge to a stretch limo - free waters, tv, the works. The drivers were wonderful.

JustAFan

My sister had trouble with Mears Connect not showing up to take her family to the airport. I don’t know if they did eventually show, because we drove them. Luckily her kids and mine are about the same size so they fit in our car seats. My mom had no problems with sunshine flyer.
To be fair and balanced, Magical Express stranded us once. They were early to pick us up by a few minutes and, according to bell services on site, sat for a few seconds and moved on.

I used Mears Connect both ways and chose the non-stop option. More like an Uber/Lyft than ME. It was perfect. No wait upon arrival and quickly snd directly to resort when we got off plane. Expensive, yes. But worth it to me.

Update: Mears Express was $74 for two people direct to resort. Vehicle was limousine quality.
Thanks for the info! How did you order that ride? Was it from the website?

RememberWhen

To be fair and balanced, Magical Express stranded us once. They were early to pick us up by a few minutes and, according to bell services on site, sat for a few seconds and moved on.
That may be. My sister was out there half an hour before their scheduled pick-up time. Another family, scheduled half an hour after my sister, was also stressed when the bus hadn’t shown up 15 minutes after their scheduled time. When calling my sister couldn’t get anyone helpful. They kept asking for the number on the side of the bus and didn’t seem to understand that there was no bus at all. In the end we drove them, so they made their plane. Barely. But the bus was at least 45 min late.

Djsfantasi

Just got back from a trip and used Mears from the airport to Disney and return.

From MCO to Disney was horrible. We waited for nearly a half hour in the roped section in the airport and then sat on a bus for probably another 20 to 30 minutes until we left. We were the 7th, yes 7th, stop And when we got off, there were still people on the bus. We rode the bus well over an hour until we reached our resort.

The return trip was fine. On time pick up and direct to MCO.
Use the Mears Express. Private limo direct to resort. Well worth the ride. Got me to the parks in a short time so our first day wasn’t wasted.

lewisc

Use the Mears Express. Private limo direct to resort. Well worth the ride. Got me to the parks in a short time so our first day wasn’t wasted.
Private limo is not promised.
Posters on other boards have been put on a bus. The bus immediately left and the posters resort was the first stop. Similarly express guests picked up by a bus went directly to MCO.

You need to book on the luxury option on Mears site to be guaranteed private transport

Last edited:

pdude81

I also had DME no show one time for pickup at Riviera. Disney comped me a mears taxi to the airport once we hit about a half hour past it's schedule arrival time. At least two DME buses drove by and turned into CBR during that time.

Mears Connect was pretty efficient and right one time for me. Only a sample experience of one though. I normally take a car service but for one person the bus seemed like a better deal.

Ripken10

Can you expand on this? I haven't seen anything one way or the other.

I haven't heard too much negative, but it's not like a read up a lot. I have seen more positive for Sunshine Flyer, but it may just be luck in the people I spoke with/sites I read.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom