Disney's Magical Express testing pickup from Downtown Disney

JIMINYCR

I'm in favor of the idea, but would prefer a park pick up compared to DTD (or have that also available), as others have suggested.
We always head out to MK for a very last thrill and have to keep track of the time to make it back to the resort in time for the DME bus pick up. We never go to DTD on the last morning, so a park pick up would be ideal for us.

wendysue

What do you mean? Most airlines have resort check in where your bags are taken when you check out that morning. The only bags you'd have would be the carry ons.

I like the idea, but we don't bring larger bags to check. We stuff everything into 2 carry ons that are just small suitcases with wheels. Not something I would want to pull around DTD. Like I said, it's a very good idea, but would be really expensive for us. Cost to check 2 bags, plus all the extra money spent at Earl of Sandwich :hungry: and the shops.....:eek:

Mammymouse

I think a DTD Magical Express bus will definitely make good sense to some, as previous posters have said regarding last day shopping and dining. and if Dinsey would consider lockers large enough for carry on suitcases to fit into at Downtown Disney that would be the answer for some folks' decision to take the bus from there. Of course there would be a fee for the locker, or it could be included in certain level hotel packages, so I see this as a potential extra $$$ for Disney and a definite convenience to travelers on their last day.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I think a DTD Magical Express bus will definitely make good sense to some, as previous posters have said regarding last day shopping and dining. and if Dinsey would consider lockers large enough for carry on suitcases to fit into at Downtown Disney that would be the answer for some folks' decision to take the bus from there. Of course there would be a fee for the locker, or it could be included in certain level hotel packages, so I see this as a potential extra $$$ for Disney and a definite convenience to travelers on their last day.
I thought about lockers for carry-ons, but then realized the security issues with large lockers....although I'm sure there is some way to remedy that.

MOXOMUMD

Is there lockers at DTD? If so are they like the ones at the parks, where you have different sizes? And where are they?
There are small lockers by the ramp near Capn Jacks but with the refurbs I wonder if they'll be moved somewhere else. (Honestly, you could easily walk past them and not know they are there.) I figured they were there for someone who wanted to rent something from the marina and needed somewhere to put their stuff but anyone can use them.

Mammymouse

Your bags don't travel with you. It's not like they're on the bus you are, even now. Bags travel separately.

When I used the Magical Express from the airport to WDW my bags were carry ons and they put them in underneath area of the bus I was on. As I said though, I only had 2 carry ons - no checked luggage.

doctornick

When I used the Magical Express from the airport to WDW my bags were carry ons and they put them in underneath area of the bus I was on. As I said though, I only had 2 carry ons - no checked luggage.

That wouldn't change with leaving from DTD. But if you check bags at your hotel lobby, those are not necessarily on the same bus as you -- they go to the airport independently. So, any fear with being separated from your checked luggage should be no different leaving from DTD as it is leaving from your hotel.

CheshireCat12

That wouldn't change with leaving from DTD. But if you check bags at your hotel lobby, those are not necessarily on the same bus as you -- they go to the airport independently. So, any fear with being separated from your checked luggage should be no different leaving from DTD as it is leaving from your hotel.
I would have a hard time if I didn't actually SEE my bags onto the DME

Minnie1976

For me I don't think this would work. I have to have carry on luggage because of health reason and always put sourvenirs in my carry on luggage. Then there is camera case and purse. Although my husband is with me, I can't imagine having to haul this around Downtown Disney while waiting for the bus. You younger people out there may travel lighter than the old folks. Then if I buy anything do I try and stuff it in the carry on or have it shipped?

Tim_4

Right that's different. The checked bags take a separate route to and from "back stage" at the airport.

tl77

This is a great idea since you have to check out at 11am we usually get afternoon flights home, but with this you could spend a day at DTD and get an evening flight, park buses would be nice too though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom