Disney's Lonestar Resort

Goofy Ninja

Bulldog Café sounds like a rather good one. I watched Midway to Main Street recently and he talked about a large elephant building that was built in New Jersey. Making larger structures that looked like animals and others things became popular in California during the early 1900's. They used to make giant structures like a large bowler hat to bring in the crowds. People would often make long road trips and seeing a giant dog would grab their attention. They would see them on the side of the road and feel more of a need to pull over.

oogie boogie man

The Club Ritz (Signature)

Run by Big Boy Caprice, this is a much more upscale restaurant than the nearby Mike’s Diner. The mob often makes there way through the building taking in the sights of the stage performers. Serving entrees from the special dining event that took place in The Great Movie Ride like…

• Roasted Red Pepper Cheese Stuffed Foccacia Cement Shoes
  • Gangster Charred Beef with Smokey Apple Pear Glaze
  • Peppered Shotgun Stool Pigeon with Lavender Aioli
  • “Gambino” Balsamic Beef with Palermo Roasted Tomato
  • Terranova” Blistered Artichoke Cheese Quenelle
  • and “Squid and Beans” Salad

Ooooooooo, I almost went to the Great Movie Ride event. Now with it's closure I wish that I had. Shows, you don't want to squander opportunities. You never know if you'll get it again.

Frankenstein79

The Toontown Trolley would hopefully stay a coffee shop and not a Starbucks. I've never liked the idea of putting outside the world businesses in Disney parks. They should have never done it in DW or DL. I'm willing to have Joffrey's, but not Starbucks.

Same goes for McDonald's... no offense fellow clown.

I concur, in order for the parks to remain special they must offer something special. Plus I can't stand Starbucks.

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
ea6d7194b9054a36acf8db71fa493c4f--western-films-american-actors.jpg

cowpoke.png

AdobeStock_61586012.jpeg

Setting: 1950’s/60’s Old West backlot, during the heyday of Hollywood. Western Classics done by the Legendary John Ford would feel right at home here. It is equipped with roaming actors galore, who mosey around town and often start shootouts with one another.

WDW12112014_0493.jpg

9608174184_14b7b4fa4b_b.jpg

The Great Western River Adventure
----- (family dark ride, similar to calico mine ride)
----- (This ride may feel like Calico at Knotts Berry Farm, but the shows scenes are patterned more after The Great Movie Ride and the never built Western River Expedition. See classics like The Searchers, The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, Tombstone, High Noon, Winchester 73 and more.)

2B8C6BF300000578-3206114-image-a-90_1440165325249.jpg

Wild West Stunt Show
----- (stadium show, similar to wild, wild, wild west stunt show)
----- (See stunts being performed by professionals. So don’t try this at home little dogies. The stunt people show off their many talents with horses, guns and whips. With an array of a few explosions along the way.)

ffddc4f0712cee1cabd9b9594198fb8d.jpg

Lone Mountain
----- (rollercoaster, similar to big grizzly mountain and dlp’s big thunder mountain)
----- (The Lone Ranger must take down a group of outlaws and natives. In this action adventure in the mountains and deserts of the wild west. He is of course accompanied by his loyal companion Tonto, as they rid the west of it’s many scoundrels and bandits.)

40a8d3421de1471ac8a7b1cbd8eb5887.jpg

01.jpg

frontierland-shootin-arcade-gallery01.jpg

Western Town Shootin’ Gallery
----- (shooting dark ride, similar to buzz lightyear)
----- (Hop on buckaroo, you are heading into Wild West territory. Make sure you have your Colt six-shooter ready. Because you will encounter all sorts along your adventure. Bandits, Indians and Such roam the territory usually with bad intentions. If you’re lucky you may even become “The Best in the West” and even stop a train robbery.)

Streetmosphere

Lone Ranger, Tonto, Davy Crockett, Wyatt Earp (from Tombstone), Doc Holliday (from Tombstone), Cat Ballou and The Man with No Name

Restaurants

Silver Star Saloon, Pioneer House, Overland Stagecoach, The Golden Nugget and The Last Chance Cafe

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Original Poster
golden nugget 2.jpg

6b8d6da87f787e066f8e22a5da3f3375.jpg

dsf5622_orig.jpg

n017916_2050jan01_last-chance-cafe_16-9_tcm808-159053.jpg

Restaurants

Silver Star Saloon (Table Service)

This place looks like a hotel and bar, but it is also home to a group of working girls. They wait on you in their usual old west garb. With of course the usual old west twang and sass you expect from them.

• Barbecue Braised Beef Short Rib with Tobacco Onions, Smoky Cheddar Potatoes Gratin and Black Skillet Roasted Baby Green Beans with Mushrooms

• T-Bone Steak with Yukon Golden Mash Potatoes

• Mesquite Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Whiskey Mushrooms paired with Black Skillet Seared U-10 Scallop with Roasted Corn, Cilantro and Chiles.
Other possible sides include: Grilled Asparagus, Breakfast Potatoes and Mac and Cheese

Pioneer House (family platters)

Inside an old church and schoolhouse, is an All You Care to Eat meal with House-made Corn Bread, Fried Chicken, Ham, Beef Tenderloins and Strawberry Shortcake

The Golden Nugget (QS, dance hall)

Similar to The Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland, but with a self playing piano and an occasional stageshow. The establishment serves Corn Dogs, Fried Hot Dogs, Mozzarella Sticks, Chicken Nuggets, Ice Cream Nachos and Ice Cream Tacos

Overland Stagecoach (walkup)

The Last Chance Cafe (Walkup)

Last edited:

The Lochness Monsta

Pioneer House (family platters)

Inside an old church and schoolhouse, is an All You Care to Eat meal with House-made Corn Bread, Fried Chicken, Ham, Beef Tenderloins and Strawberry Shortcake

This one sounds really good, it's kinda like Trails End, but with Whispering Canyons platter style. I'd kill for the Fried Chicken. It's one of the main reasons to go to Florida and spend thousands of dollars. There's Fried Chicken and then there's everything else.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom