Disney's kim possible adventure

D0nald

Hello everyone...
I'm not sure if this thread is in the right forum...but anyway..my question is: WHAT EXACTLY IS that KIM POSSIBLE ADVENTURE?
Is it a game, a show, an attraction or what?...
Is it for teens?...pre-teens?...adults?...
Is it fun...entertaining...?
Does it worth spending some time on it?
Thanks for your advise...
(and apologize for my english)
C.W.

yoyoflamingo

The Kim Possible World Showcase Adventure is an interactive experience. ( I guess that's the best way to describe it). You are given a Kimmunicator (modified cell phone) and are instructed through it to various spots within a certain country in EPCOT. Once at the locations, you trigger certain events to defeat villains from taking over the world.

My wife and I have done this a few times (and plan on it again in October) and thought it was a lot of fun. You don't have to know the characters to enjoy the experience, but it might be more fun of you do. The two things that bothered us by it are that at time we had to wait for a group to finish a task before we could do it, thus almost spoiling the result. Also, we did it in the middle of the day in the summer, and the heat was unbearable. I don't know if I would do that again.

It's definitely a fun little diversion. A nice way to pass the time if you're tired of long lines for attractions and already bought too much in the shops and restaurants. I recommend at least doing one country to see if you like it. We wound up doing a few at a time, since they tend to be addicting.

Upvote 0

luvlifeinfl

exactlly what the OP stated,

We did it last yr w/ our DD and since there were so many ppl doing it, it wasliking you were following others before you around the park.

Upvote 0

jabas

A couple trips back, my wife and I had no intention of doing this as neither of us had any interest in Kim Possible. On the face of it, it just looks like people wandering around playing little apps on a cell phone, and we wanted nothing to do with it.

Then, while in China, we started really noticing what the cell phones were doing. After tapping buttons, kids would stare out, transfixed, and some really cool special effect inside the pavilion would be triggered. We found ourselves stopping to watch families experiencing Kim Possible just to see what cool subtle thing might happen. We soon realized we have to try it ourselves.

The day we finally did was opening day for La Cava del Tequila, so we maybe being tipsy helped, but we found it incredibly entertaining. The little cartoons and plots are silly and lame, but the core experience -- finding areas in a specific pavilion and triggering special effects and finding clues -- allows even adults to experience the World Showcase in a new way. Rather than just sightseeing you are exploring and interacting, and it makes the World Showcase seem somehow more alive.

The feeling of doing something secret and special while everyone else is just vacationing is awesome. At one point, my phone directed me to speak a secret phrase to a specific cast member. When I did, she responded in kind and surreptitiously handed me a business card. It became one of my favorite souvenirs from the trip.

We ended up doing several countries, until our Kimmunicator wouldn't let us do any more. I'd recommend trying it at least once.

Oh, and keep in mind, while you'll be tempted to continue non-stop through the plot of each episode, you don't need to. You can stop and start whenever you need for anything else you might want to experience.

Upvote 0

SAV

It is exactly as the 2nd post says. My 9 yo DD and 5 yo DS loved playing it. Neither had a clue who Kim Possible was. We did a couple of missions each day at Epcot. It's fun how they integrate the game into the pavilions. I say give it a try and judge for yourself.

Upvote 0

DecWDW

We did a couple of missions last year and we were a group of 5 adults. It was a lot of fun and we'll probably do some more this December!

Upvote 0

coltow

My oldest was 5 when we went last year. We had no clue what it was nor did we know the characters. Our 1st day at EPCOT we saw lots of families with the "cell phones" and so we gave it a shot. We went to 1 of the stands and asked about what was involved. He listened very carefully to the instructions and wanted to try. My son LOVED it. He got to go on these sort of adventures thru the countries and learned about some of the buildings there. After doing a few the first day we made sure to make some time for some more on our next EPCOT day. Our last day we had nothing planned other than to go back and do some faves. We asked DS the night before what was something he wanted to do before we had to go home, yep you guessed it he wanted more Kim Possible.

My profile pic was actually taken on our last day about a minute after we finished the Mexico mission

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom