Disney's Hollywood Studios to possibly get a major revamp

The Lochness Monsta

Frozone has some of the best lines in the two movies. It would be cool if they had a statue of him outside the walkup that says random things from the films.

It's alright for the families as well, because it's one of the rare films where Samuel L. Jackson doesn't say MFer.

MickeyMouse10

George-Lucas-and-Star-Wars.jpg

star-jedi.png

A land made up of George Lucas’ most popular films from the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises. The original three films in each of these franchises and the mandolorian, which he helped with.

7944008208_19c07bfbe0_b.jpg

sf-fedora.png

Themed to Indiana Jones this area would be made up of mostly jungle and mountain. The three types of structures would include ancient temples, a warehouse and tents that travelers have set up.

ijadlp4585781.jpg

Indiana Jones Adventures
----- (enhanced motion vehicle, similar to dinosaur)
----- (similar to disneyland’s version, but with effects brought back that were abandoned.)

Indiana Jones’ Whiplash
----- (an indoor rollercoaster, similar to expedition everest)
----- (based on the films “raiders” and “temple of doom”. You board a minecart and whiz by scenes from the two films. encountering not only the creepy cult leader and enslaved children from “temple”, but lava, rushing water and the infamous giant boulder from “raiders”. the latter obstacle forces the vehicle to proceed backwards to escape it)

1561044504951-Raiders-8-copy.jpg

Hangar 51
----- (quick service, similar to backlot express)
----- (a warehouse of artifacts like the golden idol and the holy grail. many of the items our own doctor jones has collected along the way. fortunately for us the items did not make it to a museum. there are even trinkets from other george lucas films scattered throughout as well like american grafitti, willow and thx 1138)

9e8ad71d-5e4e-4f5e-a047-698e34f5b2ca.jpg

Boulder Treats
--- (walkup, similar to epic eats)
----- (all of the items at this booth are round. from bread bowls to treats, each at least has a passing resemblance to the huge boulder that almost killed indy)

EwokTA.jpg

star-jedi.png

This planet is home to the cannibalistic, but cute and cuddly Ewoks. Who play an important role in “Return of the Jedi”, the last of the classic trilogy. Besides the structures the planet will be mostly made of forest. Similar to Camp Minnie Mickey or the right side of California Adventure. But there wouldn’t be any dead space like those two.

1180w-600h-052021_quiz-star-tours-dream-destination_iris.jpg

Star Tours
----- (flight simulator, similar to previous version)
----- (the attraction now tells the story of the original trilogy and mandolorian timelines. the store also gets a retheme back to it’s original glory)

death-star-facts.jpg

Star Wars Battle Station
----- (omnimover, similar to Spaceship Earth)
----- (Formerly echo lake, frozen and vacation fun. You escape the Deathstar in this exciting adventure which showcases scenes from the 3rd and final film of the classic trilogy. See Darth Vader along the way, who will try to recruit you to the dark side. “If you only knew the power of the dark side”.)

Meet and Greet
----- (a group of ewoks are situated outside the left side of star tours. near hangar 51 and the attraction. you can talk to them and take a few pics, but I doubt you will get much of a conversation out of them. they are a great meet and greet though because they are similar to the playful chip and dale. characters seen throughout the property)

oleksandr-pazurenko-tatooine.jpg

star-jedi.png

The desert planet seen in many of the first 6 movies. It is where important characters Anakin and Luke Skywalker were both raised. And it is home to many creatures and beings like the Tusken Raiders and Jabba the Hutt, whose palace sits at the edge of town.

Meet and Greets
----- (mingle with some of the characters from star wars and the mandalorian. like luke, leia, han, mando and of course baby yoda.)

5fe7f9930eb6b643d538a39e36ffdb0c.jpg

Bantha Bites
----- (formerly dino gertie, serves ice cream and other cold treats)
----- (based on the creatures that the tusken raiders ride on which look very similar to what an elephant, a yak and a ram. the nearby lake of course would have to be filled into fit the area)

6dd5fd64aa7135d4eaa1e194674998b6.jpg

The Sandcrawler
----- (formerly Min & Bills, Jawas transport from return of the jedi)
----- (similar to the creatures from the lousy horror movie phantasm. these little jerks seem to only be out for only money. willing to scavenge anything, even currently owned property. for an example see mando’s ship in the mandolorian.)

Boba-Fett-Han-Solo-Carbonite.jpg

Boba’s Frozen Carbonite
----- (formerly peevey’s, serves cold treats with boba balls)
----- (finally boba’s balls can be consumed in a star wars related area. disney seems to think they are alien, so might as well go with it)

21-Star-Wars-Mos-Eisley-Solo-kenobi.jpg

Mos Eisley Cantina
----- (formerly hollywood + vine and 50’s prime time, the latter one is being moved to RetroCOT)
----- (finally a star wars related bar/tavern that we’ve actually seen in the series. with music by the galaxy famous band “figrin d'an and the modal nodes”. known for their odd elevator music)

databank_jabbathehuttspalace_01_169_f7f5feb6.jpeg
Jabba-The-Hutt_b5a08a70.jpeg

Jabbas Palace
----- (formerly hollywood + vine and 50’s prime time, the latter one is being moved to RetroCOT)
----- (for the best in slave labor west of china check out jabbas palace. it’s similar to the aloha show at the poly. but with of course alien creatures entertaining the crowd. food wise i’d like to go with shredded and pulled meats so they can pass for tatooine creatures and a bread service that is similar to sanaa)

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
George-Lucas-and-Star-Wars.jpg

star-jedi.png

A land made up of George Lucas’ most popular films from the Indiana Jones and Star Wars franchises. The original three films in each of these franchises and the mandolorian, which is helped with.

7944008208_19c07bfbe0_b.jpg

sf-fedora.png

Themed to Indiana Jones this area would be made up of mostly jungle and mountain. The three types of structures would include ancient temples, a warehouse and tents that travelers have set up.

ijadlp4585781.jpg

Indiana Jones Adventures
----- (enhanced motion vehicle, similar to dinosaur)
----- (similar to disneyland’s version, but with effects brought back that were abandoned.)

Indiana Jones’ Whiplash
----- (based on the films “raiders” and “temple of doom”. You board a minecart and whiz by scenes from the two films. encountering not only the creepy cult leader and enslaved children from “temple”, but lava, rushing water and the infamous giant boulder from “raiders”. the latter obstacle forces the vehicle to proceed backwards to escape it)

1561044504951-Raiders-8-copy.jpg

Hangar 51
----- (quick service, similar to backlot express)
----- (a warehouse of artifacts like the golden idol and the holy grail. many of the items our own doctor jones has collected along the way. fortunately for us the items did not make it to a museum. there are even trinkets from other george lucas films scattered throughout as well like american grafitti, willow and thx 1138)

9e8ad71d-5e4e-4f5e-a047-698e34f5b2ca.jpg

Boulder Treats
--- (walkup, similar to epic eats)
----- (all of the items at this booth are round. from bread bowls to treats, each at least has a passing resemblance to the huge boulder that almost killed indy)

EwokTA.jpg

star-jedi.png

This planet is home to the cannibalistic, but cute and cuddly Ewoks. Who play an important role in “Return of the Jedi”, the last of the classic trilogy. Besides the structures the planet will be mostly made of forest. Similar to Camp Minnie Mickey or the right side of California Adventure. But there wouldn’t be any dead space like those two.

1180w-600h-052021_quiz-star-tours-dream-destination_iris.jpg

Star Tours
----- (flight simulator, similar to previous version)
----- (the attraction now tells the story of the original trilogy and mandolorian timelines. the store also gets a retheme back to it’s original glory)

death-star-facts.jpg

Star Wars Battle Station
----- (formerly echo lake, frozen and vacation fun)
----- (escape the deathstar in this exciting adventure which showcases scenes from the 3rd and final film of classic trilogy. you will see darth vader along the way, wo will try to recruit to the dark side. “if you only knew the power of the dark side”)

Meet and Greet
----- (a group of ewoks are situated outside the left side of star tours. near warehouse 51 and the attraction. you can talk to them and take a few pics, but I doubt you will get much of a conversation out of them. they are a great meet and greet though because they are similar to the playful chip and dale. characters seen throughout the property)

oleksandr-pazurenko-tatooine.jpg

star-jedi.png

The desert planet seen in many of the first 6 movies. It is where important characters Anakin and Luke Skywalker were both raised. And it is home to many creatures and beings like the Tusken Raiders and Jabba the Hutt, whose palace sits at the edge of town.

Meet and Greets
----- (mingle with some of the characters from star wars and the mandalorian. like luke, leia, han, mando and of course baby yoda.)

5fe7f9930eb6b643d538a39e36ffdb0c.jpg

Bantha Bites
----- (formerly dino gertie, serves ice cream and other cold treats)
----- (based on the creatures that the tusken raiders ride on which look very similar to what an elephant, a yak and a ram. the nearby lake of course would have to be filled into fit the area)

6dd5fd64aa7135d4eaa1e194674998b6.jpg

The Sandcrawler
----- (formerly Min & Bills, Jawas transport from return of the jedi)
----- (similar to the creatures from the lousy horror movie phantasm. these little jerks seem to only be out for only money. willing to scavenge anything, even currently owned property. for an example see mando’s ship in the mandolorian.)

Boba-Fett-Han-Solo-Carbonite.jpg

Boba’s Frozen Carbonite
----- (formerly peevey’s, serves cold treats with boba balls)
----- (finally boba’s balls can be consumed in a star wars related area. disney seems to think they are alien, so might as well go with it)

21-Star-Wars-Mos-Eisley-Solo-kenobi.jpg

Mos Eisley Cantina
----- (finally a star wars related bar/tavern that we’ve actually seen in the series. with music by the galaxy famous band “figrin d'an and the modal nodes”. known for their odd elevator music)

databank_jabbathehuttspalace_01_169_f7f5feb6.jpeg
Jabba-The-Hutt_b5a08a70.jpeg

Jabbas Palace
----- (for the best in slave labor west of china check out jabbas palace. it’s similar to the aloha show at the poly. but with of course alien creatures entertaining the crowd. food wise i’d like to go with shredded and pulled meats so they can pass for tatooine creatures and a bread service that is similar to sanaa)
Do Roger Rabbit's Hollywood aka Maroon Studios as new land next as with attractions such as Toontown Transit, Benny the Cab: Escape from Toon Patrol, Toontown Tower Hotel, RollerCoaster Rabbit, and Baby Herman's Runaway Baby Buggy Ride as shops and restaurants like ACME Gag Warehouse, The Ink and Paint Club and Terminal Bar & Grill.

oogie boogie man

Indiana Jones’ Whiplash

Indiana Adventure and Whiplash sound like they could be gamechangers. It's like when Animal Kingdom got Everest. It separated the crowds and made it so there were more E-tickets. People had to really make a choice in the morning and not just funnel to one attraction.

MickeyMouse10

It would be nice to have something in the front left corner. Right now it feels like a waste having a show that’s been around since the park opened.

I love the show, but it feels like it belongs in a museum it's so old. I saw it when I was a kid and I'm an old man now (42). It is time to retire it and move onto bigger and better things. Much like Guardians at Epcot there needs to be another place to draw crowds. This would be complete the circle or square (Rise, Toy, Tower, Indy).

Plus most important of all it takes up a lot of space in the smallest Disney World park. Much like Streets of America this section looks beautiful at Christmas, but it's not worth keeping something for 2 months of the year.

Goofy Ninja

This would be hollywood’s first outdoor coaster. Something that is really needed. Because despite Rockin Rollercoaster being in the park it doesn’t currently have a true coaster.

Although I love it Rockin, it feels like a different animal than the usual coaster. I like more height and drops with my coasters and an outside environment.

MickeyMouse10

I can understand your point Itsy, but this land is more about George Lucas and celebrating what he’s done.

Besides who knows maybe a reboot of Indy will refresh the series. We've seen with their remakes and sequels, that if there’s a nickel to be found Disney will find it.

MickeyMouse10

I’ve always thought Ansel Elgort from “Baby Driver” and “The Fault of Our Stars” would be perfect as the new Indy. He can play smart and possibly tough.

And if they can get Spielberg back on board, he knows him from working with him on “West Side Stories”.

SpectreJordan

I think the next big expansion of Hollywood Studios should be Marvel. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is the biggest movie franchise of all-time, it just belongs in Hollywood Studios.

Now sure, Disney can’t use the Avengers or Spider-Man right now. But there’s starting to become a decent amount of characters that Disney can use.

The expansion’s theming would be the streets of New York City. It would almost be a spiritual successor to The Streets of America but more immersive and with some Marvel flair. Marvel heroes can be seen on roof tops fighting villains and criminals. There would be animatronics of Daredevil & Moon Knight that would jump across roof tops, similar to the Spider-Man animatronic in DCA.

Speaking of which, Avengers Campus & HS’s studios would be connected story wise. Characters in Avengers Campus would actively talk about what the heroes at HS are doing, while characters in HS would make references to the “heroes in California”.

The land would have some easily themed quick service restaurants based on New York including the Shawarma shop from The Avengers. There would be a “main” restaurant themed after Doctor Strange & the mystical side of Marvel.

If possible, I’d have the land take up the space where the Animation Courtyard is & it would take up some backstage space so that it could connect to Rock n Roller Coaster & Lightning McQueen (the latter is gone). I have no idea if that is actually possible but it sounds good in my head lol

The land would have 4 new attractions:

Dr Strange: Guest would be taken through a tour through Dr Strange’s home & base of operations, the Sanctum Santorum. This ride would be the next step in the evolution of the Haunted Mansion & Mystical Manor style rides. A few Marvel style thrills would be added to the formula.

The Midnight Sons: The Midnight Sons seems to be the next big team that the MCU is building towards. They’re take a similar approach to this team that they did with the original Avengers by slowly introducing the members. It seems that the MCU version of the team will include Moon Knight, Blade, Werewolf by Night, Elsa Bloodstone & possibly Ghost Rider & Daredevil.

The Midnight Sons ride would be the Marvel equivalent of Rise of the Resistance. An immersive experience that truly makes you feel like you’re in the Marvel Universe & saving the day.

I also feel like this would be a good IP to make a ride out of because it’ll compete, a little bit, with Epic Universe’s classic monsters land.

Shang-Chi: I have two ideas for a Shang-Chi attraction. It could either be a boat ride that transports guests to the magical realm of Ta-Lo; this would use an improved version of the tech used in the HK Pirates ride. Or Shang-Chi could be the star of a stunt show that’s like watching a live Marvel movie while also celebrating the history of martial arts on film.

Ms Marvel: This one is in a bit of a gray area. I imagine Disney can use this character in Disney World, but they might have to call her by civilian name (Kamala Kahn) due her superhero name having “Marvel” in it.

If they want to go through with that, I think Ms Marvel would be a good character to “host” a flat ride. The park could definitely use some more smaller attractions that can eat up time. Or maybe a smaller scale coaster can work for her.

Rock n Roller Coaster: I love this ride but the Aerosmith theming is dated & I don’t think that’s going to change. It also sticks out like a sore thumb in modern Disney World. I think this could be an easy retheme into a Marvel attraction. My suggestions would be to theme it around Nova, who is reportedly getting introduced to the MCU soon. But I think a Ghost Rider retheme could also work. I’m leaning towards Nova since it’d represent cosmic Marvel while Ghost Rider would just rep mystical Marvel some more.

I also have a huge pipe dream that Universal & Marvel could make a deal regarding Simpsons. Perhaps Disney could extend The Simpsons deal in return for one of the Marvel IPs that Universal has.

I think X-Men would be the best choice. The X-Men ride at Universal is the most forgettable ride at Superhero Island, so it can easily be rethemed or just straight up removed. Taking X-Men out of Universal would be a lot cheaper for them than taking out Simpsons.

As for Disney, I foresee the X-Men being the biggest players in the MCU going forward. If they can get them for the parks, they should definitely do it. Though realistically, Universal & Disney are just going to continue being at a standstill in this regard.

Outside of Marvel, I fully support the idea of replacing the Indiana Jones stunt show with the Adventure ride & Rollercoaster from other parks. I also think it would be cool if some Fox IPs were to be incorporated; Planet of the Apes & Independence Day would be nice. I’d love to see Die Hard, Alien & Predator as well but those aren’t really Disney park friendly lol.

I sort of see Hollywood Studios as being the park that hosts some of the IPs that they’ve gobbled up while Magic Kingdom is the land for homegrown IPs.

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

I think the next big expansion of Hollywood Studios should be Marvel. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is the biggest movie franchise of all-time, it just belongs in Hollywood Studios.

Now sure, Disney can’t use the Avengers or Spider-Man right now. But there’s starting to become a decent amount of characters that Disney can use.

The expansion’s theming would be the streets of New York City. It would almost be a spiritual successor to The Streets of America but more immersive and with some Marvel flair. Marvel heroes can be seen on roof tops fighting villains and criminals. There would be animatronics of Daredevil & Moon Knight that would jump across roof tops, similar to the Spider-Man animatronic in DCA.

Speaking of which, Avengers Campus & HS’s studios would be connected story wise. Characters in Avengers Campus would actively talk about what the heroes at HS are doing, while characters in HS would make references to the “heroes in California”.

The land would have some easily themed quick service restaurants based on New York including the Shawarma shop from The Avengers. There would be a “main” restaurant themed after Doctor Strange & the mystical side of Marvel.

If possible, I’d have the land take up the space where the Animation Courtyard is & it would take up some backstage space so that it could connect to Rock n Roller Coaster & Lightning McQueen (the latter is gone). I have no idea if that is actually possible but it sounds good in my head lol

Dr Strange: Guest would be taken through a tour through Dr Strange’s home & base of operations, the Sanctum Santorum. This ride would be the next step in the evolution of the Haunted Mansion & Mystical Manor style rides. A few Marvel style thrills would be added to the formula.

The Midnight Sons: The Midnight Sons seems to be the next big team that the MCU is building towards. They’re take a similar approach to this team that they did with the original Avengers by slowly introducing the members. It seems that the MCU version of the team will include Moon Knight, Blade, Werewolf by Night, Elsa Bloodstone & possibly Ghost Rider & Daredevil.

The Midnight Sons ride would be the Marvel equivalent of Rise of the Resistance. An immersive experience that truly makes you feel like you’re in the Marvel Universe & saving the day.

I also feel like this would be a good IP to make a ride out of because it’ll compete, a little bit, with Epic Universe’s classic monsters land.

Shang-Chi: I have two ideas for a Shang-Chi attraction. It could either be a boat ride that transports guests to the magical realm of Ta-Lo; this would use an improved version of the tech used in the HK Pirates ride. Or Shang-Chi could be the star of a stunt show that’s like watching a live Marvel movie while also celebrating the history of martial arts on film.

Ms Marvel: This one is in a bit of a gray area. I imagine Disney can use this character in Disney World, but they might have to call her by civilian name (Kamala Kahn) due her superhero name having “Marvel” in it.

If they want to go through with that, I think Ms Marvel would be a good character to “host” a flat ride. The park could definitely use some more smaller attractions that can eat up time. Or maybe a smaller scale coaster can work for her.

Rock n Roller Coaster: I love this ride but the Aerosmith theming is dated & I don’t think that’s going to change. It also sticks out like a sore thumb in modern Disney World. I think this could be an easy retheme into a Marvel attraction. My suggestions would be to theme it around Nova, who is reportedly getting introduced to the MCU soon. But I think a Ghost Rider retheme could also work. I’m leaning towards Nova since it’d represent cosmic Marvel while Ghost Rider would just rep mystical Marvel some more.

I also have a huge pipe dream that Universal & Marvel could make a deal regarding Simpsons. Perhaps Disney could extend The Simpsons deal in return for one of the Marvel IPs that Universal has.

I think X-Men would be the best choice. The X-Men ride at Universal is the most forgettable ride at Superhero Island, so it can easily be rethemed or just straight up removed. Taking X-Men out of Universal would be a lot cheaper for them than taking out Simpsons.

As for Disney, I foresee the X-Men being the biggest players in the MCU going forward. If they can get them for the parks, they should definitely do it. Though realistically, Universal & Disney are just going to continue being at a standstill in this regard.

Outside of Marvel, I fully support the idea of replacing the Indiana Jones stunt show with the Adventure ride & Rollercoaster from other parks. I also think it would be cool if some Fox IPs were to be incorporated; Planet of the Apes & Independence Day would be nice. I’d love to see Die Hard, Alien & Predator as well but those aren’t really Disney park friendly lol.

I sort of see Hollywood Studios as being the park that hosts some of the IPs that they’ve gobbled up while Magic Kingdom is the land for homegrown IPs.

I'd love to see Marvel be put in Hollywood Studios. But I just don't think it's possible, because they can't use most of the top tier Marvel characters. Guardians of the Galaxy seems to be the only NonAvengers that have really been hits and they're putting their attraction at Epcot.

Most of the Fox IP's are promising though and I think would actually fit in nicely. Like you said, a major plus would be that it would make Hollywood feel much different than the other parks. Similar to the way it used to when it originally opened and was a working studio.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I'd love to see Marvel be put in Hollywood Studios. But I just don't think it's possible, because they can't use most of the top tier Marvel characters. Guardians of the Galaxy seems to be the only NonAvengers that have really been hits and they're putting their attraction at Epcot.

Most of the Fox IP's are promising though and I think would actually fit in nicely. Like you said, a major plus would be that it would make Hollywood feel much different than the other parks. Similar to the way it used to when it originally opened and was a working studio.
A Deadpool bus party simulator tour will be amazing for addition for DHS.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes

Until Universal has no longer rights to Marvel that Warner Bros. and Universal can use DC Comics IPs to replacing Marvel Super Hero Island with DC Universe Island. Toon Lagoon will have few more IPs like Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Cartoon Network and Hanna-Barbera.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom