Disney's Hollywood Studios testing restrictions on FastPass+ selections

ExtinctJenn

I was watching to see if people were being passed while still standing at the entrance (like because it wasn't their time yet) but it seemed like pretty much everyone was going in on thunder. On space there were a few who were standing and in the way but that line backed up behind the first check point quite a bit but not once inside. The line was actually backed up at thunder to a single turn past the entrance of the fp line. We were taken in but it was just a lot slower than in the past. Still better than the standby line but that was only 40 minutes so imo at least the fp line shouldn't have been that far back.
So ultimately then the cause for the lines was essentially everyone with a FP to return between 3:00-4:00 showed up at once then? I'm kind of shocked too that the line inside was that long as well. It seems to me like something went wrong... like they allowed too many FPs to be reserved/given out. Of the folks I've spoke to of late who went, no one experienced something like that with FP+ so I have to assume it. :)

EvilQueen-T

So ultimately then the cause for the lines was essentially everyone with a FP to return between 3:00-4:00 showed up at once then? I'm kind of shocked too that the line inside was that long as well. It seems to me like something went wrong... like they allowed too many FPs to be reserved/given out. Of the folks I've spoke to of late who went, no one experienced something like that with FP+ so I have to assume it. :)

Ours was for like 3 so we waited a while before we went up but at least during that hour block it just seemed to stay about that long. it was weird for me too. i don't usually take those kind of pics but i figured a pic would help people see what we saw better than trying to explain. Hoping it was just a snag with them having both the fp+ and traditional fp system running right now.

psukardi

....sure ...why not!!?? As it is ...there is a "class distinction" played out by the "who's staying where" thing related to the $$$ tier of resort. So now they'll extend that to the parks?

....another reason why this past trip ...was likely our last.

What's so wrong with that. If everyone gets a standard 3 FP+ for their trip as a base, what's wrong with having an incentive for those that are willing to pay for more? I'm not saying that if you stay at a Value Resort you get nothing, that wouldn't be fair. A perk of staying on property should be FP+ and EMH. However, to deny there be some value added when staying at Grand Floridian or Beach/Yacht Club or the rest is a bit unsettling. Is there a a class distinction? Yes, it's called life. Next thing you know you'll be complaining that it's not fair that those staying at the Polynesian get to take the monorail to their resort while those staying at The All-Star Sport have to smoosh into a cattle-car

Weather_Lady

What's so wrong with that. If everyone gets a standard 3 FP+ for their trip as a base, what's wrong with having an incentive for those that are willing to pay for more? I'm not saying that if you stay at a Value Resort you get nothing, that wouldn't be fair. A perk of staying on property should be FP+ and EMH. However, to deny there be some value added when staying at Grand Floridian or Beach/Yacht Club or the rest is a bit unsettling. Is there a a class distinction? Yes, it's called life. Next thing you know you'll be complaining that it's not fair that those staying at the Polynesian get to take the monorail to their resort while those staying at The All-Star Sport have to smoosh into a cattle-car

There's nothing wrong with it, but it used to be that the perk of paying for a deluxe resort was that you stayed at a deluxe resort (!) with better amenities. But park tickets for onsite guests were another matter: they offered the same value to every onsite guest, rich and poor alike. There was something very democratic and Walt-like about that, and people appreciated it.

Nobody likes to have to spend their entire vacation having their nose rubbed in the fact that they're a second-class citizen in Disney's eyes, simply because they can't afford to spend what others can. Of course WDW is in it for the profit and I wouldn't be surprised if pay-as-you-go FP+ wasn't part of the ultimate plan, but the fact is, they've become so transparent about their desire to nickel-and-dime guests to death, it's getting a little distasteful and even tacky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom