Disney's Hollywood Studios Major Park Refurb Idea

Turtle

Original Poster
DHS has lots of potential, but hasn't filled it and I have some ideas.

First off, get rid of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular and add in an Indiana Jones OUTDOOR Rollercoaster (like in Disneyland Paris). Take the Sound Dangerous building and turn it into the Jedi Academy. Then with Star Tours, Jedi Academy, and the Indiana Jones RollerCoaster that becomes "Lucas Land".

Pixar Place Expansion: This won't take much of an expansion. Re-name Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play Set into a Bug's Life small ride through. This would mean we put little carts (omnimover) that goes through the playset and we make the leaves more realistic since people will not be touching them. Then we find an empty room for a Wall-E interactive meet and greet in Pixar Place. This would be similar to the PUSH interactive trash can in Tomorrowland. Next, we find an empty space for an Up dark ride that's similar to Peter Pan considering that you are flying above the story in furniture of a house.After that we have a full Pixar Place.

The Great Movie Ride Update: We update The Great Movie Ride with some newer movies while still keeping the real important movies.

We replace the Italian Restaurant next to Muppet-Vision and make it an interactive Swedish Chef restaurant. On the kids menu, you go to the window (really a screen) and watch Swedish Chef's crazy antics as he makes your food. This creates a small Muppets Mini-Land, just what it deserves for the re-boot of the franchise.

We move out the Car Stunt Show in the back and replace it with an Avengers ride. The battle of all Marvel Heroes vs Marvel Villains comes to fight, the ride could be similar to Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey. This ride could fit in perfectly with the New York Streets Theme.

This could be a perfect Park Opening Phase 2.. We could possibly close down the park for a few months (considering that most rides except for the Avengers are easy to built) then re-open it later with the Avengers opening itself in another month or two.

What do you guys think?

flpropmgr

Logistically, I have no idea how much of this would be doable. Some, I would suspect, but not all. Strangely, one of the smaller ideas above I really love: the Swedish Chef restaurant. The technology could be similar to the Turtle Talk technology, enabling interaction between the Swedish Chef (and other Mupper characters) with the public.

coolbeans14

i think its a really nice idea, especially lucas land. one thing i would say is that the indiana jones stunt show arena is probably big enough for two of the track layouts, so maybe a changed, dueling format?

also,unfortunately marvel is legally only for uni at the moment, for the next ten years or something? its the reason that supposedly a third park idea for paris is a marvel park.

other than that, great ideas:)

Florida_is_hot

I think they should ..... what turn it into working studio?
It is called Hollywood Studios but now the film nothing and animate nothing.

Build studios have a 1 and 1/2 walking tour....... wait it was done but some people decided they want to go to a studio to ride a rollercoaster.... do not know why these people just not go to 6 Flags?

Universal Studios has the rights to Marvel even though Disney owns Marvel.
There is nothing wrong with the Great Movie Ride.

Mike730

First off, get rid of the Indiana Jones Stunt Show Spectacular and add in an Indiana Jones OUTDOOR Rollercoaster (like in Disneyland Paris). Take the Sound Dangerous building and turn it into the Jedi Academy. Then with Star Tours, Jedi Academy, and the Indiana Jones RollerCoaster that becomes "Lucas Land".
LucasLand has been discussed for ages and simply won't happen. Disney isn't really looking to invest more in Star Wars (as confirmed at the shareholder meeting), and George Lucas's name would be very expensive...

Pixar Place Expansion: This won't take much of an expansion. Re-name Honey I Shrunk the Kids Play Set into a Bug's Life small ride through. This would mean we put little carts (omnimover) that goes through the playset and we make the leaves more realistic since people will not be touching them. Then we find an empty room for a Wall-E interactive meet and greet in Pixar Place. This would be similar to the PUSH interactive trash can in Tomorrowland. Next, we find an empty space for an Up dark ride that's similar to Peter Pan considering that you are flying above the story in furniture of a house.After that we have a full Pixar Place.
A Pixar Place expansion has also been discussed quite a bit and though I think it's a good idea, I don't see why anyone would want to ride a cart through a playground (why not just add A Bugs Life components to it but leave it as a playground) or how it would be possible to meet and greet a pint sized robot. The UP dark ride may be a good idea because DHS needs more family rides.
The Great Movie Ride Update: We update The Great Movie Ride with some newer movies while still keeping the real important movies.
Leave this poor attraction alone. The movies in it are classics and deserve the attention they get. Besides perhaps a refurb, this attraction needs naught.
We replace the Italian Restaurant next to Muppet-Vision and make it an interactive Swedish Chef restaurant. On the kids menu, you go to the window (really a screen) and watch Swedish Chef's crazy antics as he makes your food. This creates a small Muppets Mini-Land, just what it deserves for the re-boot of the franchise.
I've seen the Restaurant idea before, but I think there a lots of logistical problems there. It would have to be well thought out.
We move out the Car Stunt Show in the back and replace it with an Avengers ride. The battle of all Marvel Heroes vs Marvel Villains comes to fight, the ride could be similar to Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey. This ride could fit in perfectly with the New York Streets Theme.
The Stunt show is going no where. It was built fairly recently and its a huge people eater. Also, technological innovation is needed in Disney parks, but not if it's exactly what Universal has already done.
I will agree though, DHS needs help.

bdearl41

This could be a perfect Park Opening Phase 2.. We could possibly close down the park for a few months (considering that most rides except for the Avengers are easy to built) then re-open it later with the Avengers opening itself in another month or two.

What do you guys think?

I really like all of your ideas especially the indiana jones one. I also would like to see sunset market area replaced with toon town, and RnR rethemed, but still with music.

rpk4444

Does anyone know what is in the old production offices? The bungalows? All of the building behind the animation building? Are they just empty now? Is there any pictures of them now?
I would vote to make this a working studio again. Is there anything left from when it was? or was it all sent to CA?

Prototype82

What do I think? I think your proposition of getting rid of my stunt show is the worst idea since the Seas and Nemo and Friends. Sorry but that is a darn good show. Definitely add an Indy ride. That I can agree with. But that show is just too good.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I really like all of your ideas especially the indiana jones one. I also would like to see sunset market area replaced with toon town, and RnR rethemed, but still with music.

I don't know if it has been discussed here, but we had great fun on another board choosing a RnR replacement band for Aerosmith when their contract expires and/or they cease to be relevant.
I seem to recall I voted for Air Supply. Anything but Madonna.

gators11

Does anyone know what is in the old production offices? The bungalows? All of the building behind the animation building? Are they just empty now? Is there any pictures of them now?
I would vote to make this a working studio again. Is there anything left from when it was? or was it all sent to CA?

The bungalows I believe are used as addition offices for costuming and WDI. The main animation building now holds the offices for the upper management for the WDW Resort.

goofy donald

LucasLand has been discussed for ages and simply won't happen. Disney isn't really looking to invest more in Star Wars (as confirmed at the shareholder meeting), and George Lucas's name would be very expensive...

I agree I doubt it would happen but it would certainly be cool to have that Indy indoor/outdoor coaster and some expanded star wars work.

A Pixar Place expansion has also been discussed quite a bit and though I think it's a good idea, I don't see why anyone would want to ride a cart through a playground (why not just add A Bugs Life components to it but leave it as a playground) or how it would be possible to meet and greet a pint sized robot. The UP dark ride may be a good idea because DHS needs more family rides.

Also agree with you here. make it bugs life playground and update it, like the wall-e m/g, like up dark ride, also add in the long awaited monsters inc door coaster and maybe a ratatouille cafe and or radiator springs racers and you have a winner of a land there.

Leave this poor attraction alone. The movies in it are classics and deserve the attention they get. Besides perhaps a refurb, this attraction needs naught.

agreed major refurb and hire street mosphere people to operate the ride not just regular operators.

I've seen the Restaurant idea before, but I think there a lots of logistical problems there. It would have to be well thought out.

Ide actually do this at pizza planet instead and keep the Italian restaurant with a little more Muppet overlay possibly. also round out the land with the rumored muppetdark ride in the old hunchback theater.

The Stunt show is going no where. It was built fairly recently and its a huge people eater. Also, technological innovation is needed in Disney parks, but not if it's exactly what Universal has already done.
I will agree though, DHS needs help.

I hope it goes nowhere as well its the best stunt show around. Marvel should never come to an existing wdw park (on top of the fact that it cant) if it does it should be in a fifth gate.

Turtle

Original Poster

What do you guys think?

And also we can re-theme Lights, Motors, Action to a Pixar "Cars" show in Pixar Place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom