News Disney's Hollywood Studios closing early on October 17, 2023

ToTBellHop

The point made that was correctly refuted was people should check park hours before they book their vacations. Back when WDW used to do things the correct way and put out park hours 6 months in advance and rarely change them, that point could have been made. Now that park hours are adjusted literally up to day of, trying to plan in advance is futile.
Isn’t the point that Disney Genie takes all of the stress out of planning so that we can just enter a park day-of and be whisked off into the Magic in a care-free way?!?!

It was not, it was a normal cluster starting at 10:30. Was really bummed about that.
For what it's worth, I was a Gartner conference attendee and went to the event. I've done DAH at Studios in the past, and hoped this would be similar. Rise was down throughout the evening, and the only walk on was TSMM.

I'm not going to complain about free (conference paid) access to the park (along with free food and alcohol), but given the size of the conference versus the size of the parks, it wasn't on par with similar events I've been fortunate enough to do at Universal.

I agree that Disney gets a nice chunk of money out of the event, between the hotels and renting out the park. They didn't run Fantasmic or any fireworks, and the event ended at 11 (early access to a few rides started at 7).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom