Disney's Hilton Head....

nthebulln7

Hi all!
So I am in dire need to a Disney fix and i was wondering if Disney's Hilton Head Resort was worth a day trip to go check out. I only live about 2 hours away from Hilton Head and Disney World is a little expensive and far for me right now. Anybody have any reviews or comments? I was just looking to chill with a little Disney feel for one day :) Thanks!

Yanks07

It is definetly worth a trip. Been there 3 times myself for either golf or beach trips. It has all disney touches with a great beach house a short distance away. We love it there.

Upvote 0

WDWRocks08

I have gone to Hilton Head 4 times but have never stood aat the Disney Resort. When we were looking into it we decided to stay elswhere mainly because the beach was not on property. The hotel itselfs is very small and there is not much property. Hilton Head is beautiful and there is A LOT of things to do. I would stay elsewhere. Another GREAT choice is going to Disneys Vero Beach Resort which has its own beach and a very large property. Whatever you decide to do have fun!!!:)

Upvote 0

mac41099

Hi all!
So I am in dire need to a Disney fix and i was wondering if Disney's Hilton Head Resort was worth a day trip to go check out. I only live about 2 hours away from Hilton Head and Disney World is a little expensive and far for me right now. Anybody have any reviews or comments? I was just looking to chill with a little Disney feel for one day :) Thanks!

We stayed there for a week 3 years ago. I really liked the resort. Although it's not on the beach, the beach and private Disney beach house is only 1 mile away. You can bike it, take their shuttle or drive it. It is nice and private there with another pool, snack shop, pool tables, tvs, couches, etc in the pool house.

The resort is on the inlet/cove and it is really beautiful there with a huge pier to fish off of. Only a snack shop there near the pool area. No restaurant on site, although there are a few within walking distance across the street (seafood, Mexican, etc).

There is an activity room for the kids, a bon fire at night for stories, hammocks all over the place, but there really isn't much as far as Disney theming. You don't get the sense you are in WDW if that is what you are looking for.

In my opinion, it is great resort in a great area, but just happens to be named Disney with little of the characters or other Disney things around.

Worth a day trip to check out, though, but WDW will only satisfy that Disney fix of yours. :wave:

Upvote 0

Texas84

Well, think of it as a HHI trip and not a Disney trip and you will love it. It feels as much like a Disney resort as OKW does. Just without the parks. Best place on the island if you're looking for some peace & quiet. Obviously some of us have differing views.

Upvote 0

nthebulln7

Original Poster
Thanks for all of you reviews!
I just really need a Disney fix and was just wondering if this may fill a void for a while. I dont have a whole lot of money right now to go to WDW so i was just gonna see if this day trip would hit the spot.

Upvote 0

davidpw97

I have been to Hilton Head many times and visited this resort but never stayed there. It looks nice but it's pretty much just like every other resort on the island and it has no restaurant and is not right on the beach so you'd be spending most of your time away from the resort looking for food or other things to do. They do have activities planned but during this time of year there might not be much going on since it's Hilton Heads slow season. Hilton Head is great during the summer though.
This resort might have the Disney name but I think you'd feel more at Disney visiting your local Disney store than you would here especially if you're only going for a day. Personally if I need a Disney fix, there's really no other place to get it besides a trip to the parks so if it were me i'd save my money until I could afford a trip to the real thing.

What part of GA are you in? Near atlanta here.

Upvote 0

nthebulln7

Original Poster
Yea.... I think I should just start saving money. I'm from Atlanta as well but I go to Georgia Southern so Hilton head is pretty close. WDW is only about 5 hours away from here and i really want to take a weekend trip but being a college student, I'm always short on funds.

Upvote 0

SallyShine

I say don't knock it unless you've tried it. We've stayed there twice (1 week each time) and loved it. The villas are really cute and the property is beautiful. We rented bikes and rode over to the beach and to the shopping and dining in Shelter Cove. The beach house is great as there is also a pool. There is food on property for breakfast and lunch. I highly recomend it. You won't, however, see Mickey and Minnie running around. They work their magic in a little different way. But they do play Disney music by the pool. Try it and I promise you'll love it. Be sure to look for Shadow!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom