Disney's Computers Are Down

GaryT977

Original Poster
I just got a text message from a CM friend that said Disney's computer system just went down world wide? :veryconfu

lawyergirl77

Holy Ever Loving Crap!! :eek:

I called WDW Dining at around 1:45 PM today and they said that it would only last an hour! Looks like it will take much longer than that! Does anyone know if the rides are affected too????

GaryT977

Original Poster
I asked my CM buddy if that would affect the rides, and he said some of them would indeed stop working. I assume that means in all the parks too, not just WDW.

peter11435

GaryT977 said:
I asked my CM buddy if that would affect the rides, and he said some of them would indeed stop working. I assume that means in all the parks too, not just WDW.
All of the parks are WDW.

As for the rides it is very unlikely that any were affected. The rides computers systems are entirely separate from the main system. Only the Fast Pass would be affected at individual attractions. Other than that areas such as stores, ticketing, restaurants, check-in, and reservations will be down.

Also this is not an uncommon event, WDW has a huge networked computer system, and it is not out of the ordinary for it to go down for periods of time. I have seen a few times over the years. In fact just three weeks ago the resort wide computer system was down for about an hour. However other than taking reservations they can handle most everything else. The restaurants, stores, and ticketing are equipped to operate without the computers albeit slowly.

peter11435

imagineer boy said:
Phwew, hopefully everything will be working by the time I go there this weekend.
Everything will be working fine by dinner time. Not to mention since your trip is a week away it is likely they will have a problem again before you go.

Captain Chaos

Connor002 said:
could this mean a possible miss-launch of the missles under the MK :eek:

Nope because Harry Potter will prevent that from happening by casting a few spells from his brand new attraction in Magic Kingdom.

General Grizz

Boo's Mom said:
I've tried to get on www.disneydirect.com but that too is down. I wanted to order some stuff I found in the catalog :(
It works OK for me...

Which thread creator from here got a job at Disney Direct?

Screengrab from 3 PM:
auctioneer.jpg

EDIT: DisneyDirect down as of 3:01

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom