Disney's Animal Kingdom

kal1484

I found almost the first post, and thought I would bring it back, why because i want to, and was anyone there the day that AK opened? I always wanted to go on the river ride, but it closed before i got to go.

all_good_chic

I was one of the many lucky people to visit animal kingdom before it's official opening. They were offering a sneak preview for all the disney guest the november of 1997. I did go on th boat ride adn it really wasn't anything special. There was not mnay things to see it was more of a sit down and get cool ride. it traveld two ways. One way you saw a big rock dragon that breathed fire but thats pretty much it. kinda blah. I wish they still had it though since it got you off your feet for a few min and it was relaxing plus that river is just a waiste of space now.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by Don L Duck
Do they still have that train ride? I remember it was kind of like a backlot tour:confused:

The train ride is called Wildlife Express and carried guests between Africa and Conservation Station.

BigAL

Animal Kingdom

I went in May of the opening year. When I rode the boat they showed you a few animals on the boat as you went around the island. That day that was the longest line I waited in.

PeterPan

I honestly don't know WHAT they were thinking with this one. We waited forever to get on, and it was truly the slow boat to China. Slow and relaxing (another word for boring). I hate to say that about anything at WDW (my favorite place on the planet) but there was NO thought behind this attraction. Later, they tried to spruce it up with some kind of "Radio Disney" speil, but that didn't work either. So many people complained, they shut it down. You may hear otherwise, but the truth is, they did exit surveys, and people gave it a thumbs down, and finally Disney shut it down.

Erika

Originally posted by PeterPan
I honestly don't know WHAT they were thinking with this one. We waited forever to get on, and it was truly the slow boat to China. Slow and relaxing (another word for boring). I hate to say that about anything at WDW (my favorite place on the planet) but there was NO thought behind this attraction. Later, they tried to spruce it up with some kind of "Radio Disney" speil, but that didn't work either. So many people complained, they shut it down. You may hear otherwise, but the truth is, they did exit surveys, and people gave it a thumbs down, and finally Disney shut it down.

That's because it wasn't suppsed to be a ride, but a form of transportation. They shut it down because they couldn't get that point across and people kept complaining.

ToTBellHop

Conservation Station is still called Conservation Station...the entire area at the north end of Animal Kingdom is called Rafiki's Planet Watch...including Affection Section and all that stuff...

Steamboat_Kevin

I remember watching the Grand Opening ceremony on ABC. It was hosted by Regis Philbin (AAAAHHHH!) I also remember something more recently about the 100 Years Celebration at WDW hosted by Lindsey Lohan, does anyone else remember this?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom