Disney's Animal Kingdom vs. Disney California Adventure

Disney's Animal Kingdom or Disney California Adventure?

• Disney's Animal Kingdom

Votes: 81 85.3%
  • Disney California Adventure

Votes: 14 14.7%

• Total voters

Mjt5126

I almost 100% agree with this, but I find RSR and Kilimanjaro Safaris equals. They are just so different. DCA is starting to lose its way again after gaining ground in 2012 with Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I have fun in both places, but DAK screams classic Disney theme park. DCA- particularly Hollywoodland and Pixar Pier- are a bigger fail than Chester and Hesters.

Yeah Pixar Pier does not feel Disney at all. It’s a hodge podge of amusement park rides. Seems like a waste of space outside of the IC and TSMM

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
DCA is turning to dog dung; it's a huge mess. Sadly this has only happened in the last few years but now, the only reason to go is for Cars Land IMO. If you all remember another thread I created, I wasn't the biggest fan of AK's attractions. But this is a no brainer, AK is the much better park.

I like DCA very much. Went for the first time 2 years ago and thought it was a fully imagined MGM Studios. I like the vibe there a lot and Cars land is incredible.

That being said AK blows it out of the water no contest for me.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I almost 100% agree with this, but I find RSR and Kilimanjaro Safaris equals. They are just so different. DCA is starting to lose its way again after gaining ground in 2012 with Cars Land and Buena Vista Street. I have fun in both places, but DAK screams classic Disney theme park. DCA- particularly Hollywoodland and Pixar Pier- are a bigger fail than Chester and Hesters.

I agree 100%. I would also argue Kili as slightly better than RSR; both are about as perfect as attractions can get, but Kili has one thing that is the only which RSR lacks - length.

DAK is ofc a greaf park and is ver much a classic Disney style and level of attention to detail and storytelling - hence the Kingdom in the name.

justintheharris

W
DCA's biggest problem is that it doesn't know what it wants to be. The funny thing is so many people here complain about IPs in WDW but the worst offense is the entirety of Pixar Pier, Radiator Springs and soon to be Marvel land. This was a park that was to be "California" but that are just dumping in IPs and turning it into Hollywood Studios. This is the one park that should have kept Soarin over California. I love DCA but about the only thing that makes it California is its address. AK is the most incredible US Disney park, every area being perfectly themed.
Why do people act like Pixar Pier is such an IP crime and ruins the area?? It’s still a CALIFORNIA boardwalk. It just now is run by Pixar characters. And it’s actually a good move to incoporate Pixar in its entirety instead of one IP. One day Cars land won’t be relevant but so long as one Pixar movie is relevant, Pixar Pier can find its way. I strongly believe Soarin over California should have stayed and I do think Animal Kingdom is better but I think people are often unfair to DCA

NickPytlinski

I like DCA very much. Went for the first time 2 years ago and thought it was a fully imagined MGM Studios. I like the vibe there a lot and Cars land is incredible.

That being said AK blows it out of the water no contest for me.

same with me.
i really enjoyed DCA

but animal kingdom is my fav disney park so it wins hands down

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom