Disney's All Star Movies Resort to begin major room refurbishments in 2018

I am Timmy

We had a large, disgusting roach in our room at Sports on our last trip :hungover: After the week we had there, it was the last thing we needed. I’ll remain open minded and see what the refurb brings but we are 99% sure we’ll never stay at an All Star again.
We had one in our room at Pop, too one trip. I'm not sure if they can be avoided in the rooms that open to the outside. Another trip the people next to us at Port Orleans Riverside had one in the room, so moderates don't seem to be immune, either. Was the one you saw the kind that flies?

DisneyDreamer08

We had one in our room at Pop, too one trip. I'm not sure if they can be avoided in the rooms that open to the outside. Another trip the people next to us at Port Orleans Riverside had one in the room, so moderates don't seem to be immune, either. Was the one you saw the kind that flies?

Nope, it was just a crawler. My youngest had just turned one and was teething. She was waking up every night, screaming, for hours at a time. I would take her outside so she wouldn't wake the rest of the family. Walk around with her til she calmed down, then bring her back in. Change her, give her a bottle etc. I laid her down in the carpeted area near the sink to change her diaper and a roach ran out of the bathroom right to where she was laying. Scared the you know what out of me.
It was a long, tiring week :confused:

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I'm glad that the ALL-STAR resorts are getting some love, but if they're gonna look like the new rooms at Pop, I'm not gonna like it. Everything is white and there isn't any theme (granted there wasn't much theme to begin with). I'm just really disappointing that there isn't gonna be a picture of the movie in the rooms anymore (did they get rid of the pictures at Pop?).

A children’s hospital room has more color and cheer than the refurbed rooms. Though honestly, once you get all of your luggage and stuff into the room, it’s alright. All the previous decor in the refurbed Pop rooms are gone. Now there are sterile Warholesque prints up. That artwork doesn’t fit in all the decades, but who cares about theming? :confused:

My other complaint is the murphy bed. I don't like the fact that I'm going to have to clear off the table when I go to bed (we put a lot on those tables), and then make it up/clear it off when I want the table.

You may want to consider leaving the Murphy bed down for your entire trip. You’ll avoid a lot of hassle. There’s a good amount of surface area on top of the dresser. Refillable mugs, bottles, tablets, and many other items will fit up there. Larger items can easily stow away under the beds. When my family ate in the room, we used the beds.

MinnieWaffles

Good! I like the new refurbed POP rooms, they look less like a child's bedroom mixed with cheap motel and more what I expect for the price. Looks like there'll be Disney pictures on the wall so there is some theme in the rooms.

DisneyDreamer08

sorry to hear about your little one & apologies for the roach pic i posted. hope she was ok after awhile.

Aw thank you. She actually was fine during the day, just lots of crying at night. We had a lot of problems with All Star Sports that week and it completely turned us off on the All Star Resorts.

ThatMouse

We stayed at Pop in Dec and Jan and while the coffee pot and bigger bed is welcome, it feels cramped now, mainly due to the towering hideabed and the 8 extra pillows we need to stack somewhere. The craftmenship is low quality with Ikea style furniture, and I'm already seeing wear. We also had maintenance issues. The outlets in the tv cabinet fall out easily and a drawer would not stay closed. Someone came in our room while we were taking a nap for "security & maintenance check" and I gave him a tour of the room - it was fixed the next day, but the outlets are just going to fall out again the next time someone plugs something in.

We stayed at Pop in Dec and Jan and while the coffee pot and bigger bed is welcome, it feels cramped now, mainly due to the towering hideabed and the 8 extra pillows we need to stack somewhere. The craftmenship is low quality with Ikea style furniture, and I'm already seeing wear. We also had maintenance issues. The outlets in the tv cabinet fall out easily and a drawer would not stay closed. Someone came in our room while we were taking a nap for "security & maintenance check" and I gave him a tour of the room - it was fixed the next day, but the outlets are just going to fall out again the next time someone plugs something in.
Dude. Someone interrupting my nap.....ohhhh no. You handled that much better than I would have.

ThatMouse

Now that all of the rooms are going to be the same plain jane, are all of the All-Stars and Pop rooms now going to cost the same or what?
Good point - we like All Stars about the same as Pop. The differences are so minor. Price increases are not reported in the news so much, mainly because the increase is just lack of discounts. One of the nights at Pop in Jan was at $140+ insane!

Nextinline

Capture33.JPG

Captain Barbossa

Maybe because it's a little newer and has it's own dedicated bus system? Most of the time, the all stars have their own buses but every now and then, they share.
That has really been phased out. Every now and then you might see a bus that says ALL-Star Resorts. I've stayed at ALL-Star Movies 4 times for a grand total of 30 days/30 nights and have only been on a bus that stops at all 3 resorts 6 times.

ThatMouse

That has really been phased out. Every now and then you might see a bus that says ALL-Star Resorts. I've stayed at ALL-Star Movies 4 times for a grand total of 30 days/30 nights and have only been on a bus that stops at all 3 resorts 6 times.

I agree, actually All Stars is probably a faster bus trip than Pop (and Caribbean) due to how the bus routes are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom