Disney's All Star Movies Resort to begin major room refurbishments in 2018

Mainahman

looks like they did POP first ro get it done before skyliner hits, and then will hit the rest of the Values. Nice clean look, and a welcome Queen Bed upgrade!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Watched the video tour the guy made of his room at Pop. I was astonished at the new rooms. Nice to see Disney is making the Values less Motel 6ish. And more accommodating for families. Two adults in a double bed is a tight squeeze. And finally, a coffee maker!

Last edited:
I'm really liking the additions for the Values!:jawdrop: Except for the free transportation across property, I felt like the "value" in these resorts had been getting thin in recent years. :confused:It seemed like the cost was going up, but the offerings stayed the same. With the addition of the Murphy Bed, coffee maker, sliding door to help block the light for the later sleepers, and the Queen beds- I'm really excited to continue to make the Values our home!:cat:

BraveGirl

I was just at Pop last week and I had an old room. We were in the 60's building right off the pool. But the wing of that building behind us was closed for construction, so I guess they are getting around to the 60's now. Bummer I missed it!

cdeev8690

Fi-na-lly. All Stars have been in need of some major love for years, as we all know. I'm sure the rates will also increase, just as they have with Pop, but with that the value increases exponentially. With the addition of the Skyliner, I'm feeling pretty good about the Values.

sheriffwoody

Thank goodness! We stayed in Love Bug last week and it was DANK. We also had a very large roach move in on our last night :oops: I know bugs are an inevitability in Florida, but this thing was almost toddler sized.

Tavernacle12

That picture looks sorta generic. I hope the All-Stars keep the themed wallpaper strips along the ceiling and painted walls. Also, hopefully, this doesn't effect the price too much on them. It was already hard to get them for under $100 a night the past few years.

Mainahman

Watched the video tour the guy made of his room at Pop. I was astonished at the new rooms. Nice to see Disney is making the Values less Motel 6ish. And more accommodating for families. Two adults in a double bed is a tight squeeze. And finally, a coffee maker!
The coffee maker is the hugest deal to us! i eat oatmeal every morning pretty much, and i can finally retire the electric tea kettle! Plus i can bring my own Dunkin Donuts ground coffee with me! And 2 adults in a double bed was tight! Glad to see the queens!

Nextinline

........ Disney......? .........you okay............? :cautious:
Disneys-Pop-Century-Resort_Full_30368.jpg
disney-prototype-1.jpg

Rob562

I've said it in the Pop refurb thread, but I only like 75% of the refurb. The two big negatives are the starkness/lack of color, as well as the echo-chamber effect caused by removing almost all soft surfaces in the room.

Otherwise I love the idea of the Murphy bed hiding away for those who only need one bed.

-Rob

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
The coffee maker is the hugest deal to us! i eat oatmeal every morning pretty much, and i can finally retire the electric tea kettle! Plus i can bring my own Dunkin Donuts ground coffee with me! And 2 adults in a double bed was tight! Glad to see the queens!

They're not standard coffee makers. they take the little packs of coffee - like a k-cup but not hard plastic

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom