DisneyQuest downgrades

The Empress Lilly

Such a pity they let DQ turn into a hospice for 90's games. I like the place by default.

To add to the list, half the vintage games don't work. I desperately tried playing Tron because it requires both a joystick and a paddle so I can't emulate it at home, but that thing was a mess.

I'd just turn it into a man cave to give them something to do while the girls go shopping.

dylan313

Original Poster
And also, something else I noticed. All the Fix-it-Felix games have been removed, so you can't play those anymore either. It's a shame, really. This place has great potential if it could just get some upgrades.

I went to DisneyQuest for the first time last week. I have wanted to get there since it opened and never had the chance because most times we decided to add another park day for $10 - $15 rather than pay $30+ (Years ago) to enter but we had Water Park Fun and More this trip. Even being a huge fan of video games I was disappointed. Disney Springs was jammed yet DisneyQuest was empty inside.

Besides all the open areas from removed attractions, the games weren't operating well. The bumper cars broke down while we were on them (not a big deal in itself but just added to the problems), Sid's Create A Toy had broken controllers that wouldn't stay in place, we were at Animation Academy at the scheduled time of a class and no cast member showed up, some of the video games had broken controllers, the create a song booths had 2 booths where the screens were frozen. The food options looked bad and we ate elsewhere. If I had paid $45 a person to enter I would have not felt it was worth anywhere close to that. I really liked Pirates and some of the other games like Mighty Ducks Pinball Slam were fun.

It almost reminded me of that final time Wonders of Life opened where half the stuff was closed off or covered with tarps and could close at any minute.

Otterhead

Disney Springs was jammed yet DisneyQuest was empty inside.
When we went a few months ago, it was much as you describe, though there was a decent line for the bumper cars, and they were working fine, happily. Only a few of the classic arcade machines were down.

Out of curiosity, we also went 'next door' to Splitsville, curious to see if it was included in the "Waterparks & More" tickets. I had the most bizarre conversation with a guy there:
"Hey, welcome to Splitsville."
"Thanks, I just wondered if this is included in the Waterparks & More tickets."
"Uh, what dude? I don't even know what that means."
"The Disney park tickets that include DisneyQuest and the water parks. Is Splitsville part of that or do I need to pay separate?"
"Hey man, I don't have any idea what you're talking about."
"Okay. Are you guys cast members or is this separate?"
"Haha, man, I gotta go, I dunno what this is about. Seeya." And he walked away.

So yeah, not bothering with Splitsville.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When we went a few months ago, it was much as you describe, though there was a decent line for the bumper cars, and they were working fine, happily. Only a few of the classic arcade machines were down.

Out of curiosity, we also went 'next door' to Splitsville, curious to see if it was included in the "Waterparks & More" tickets. I had the most bizarre conversation with a guy there:
"Hey, welcome to Splitsville."
"Thanks, I just wondered if this is included in the Waterparks & More tickets."
"Uh, what dude? I don't even know what that means."
"The Disney park tickets that include DisneyQuest and the water parks. Is Splitsville part of that or do I need to pay separate?"
"Hey man, I don't have any idea what you're talking about."
"Okay. Are you guys cast members or is this separate?"
"Haha, man, I gotta go, I dunno what this is about. Seeya." And he walked away.

So yeah, not bothering with Splitsville.
Splitsville does not charge admission. It is a combo bar/restaurant/bowling alley, hence the reason the guy at the entrance was confused.

Otterhead

Splitsville does not charge admission. It is a combo bar/restaurant/bowling alley, hence the reason the guy at the entrance was confused.
But they charge for bowling, yes? Unless bowling is free, asking the guy if bowling there is included in my Disney park tickets isn't a difficult question. To clarify, this was upstairs near the bowling alleys, not at the front door.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But they charge for bowling, yes? Unless bowling is free, asking the guy if bowling there is included in my Disney park tickets isn't a difficult question. To clarify, this was upstairs near the bowling alleys, not at the front door.
Yes, they charge for bowling, but they are not a Disney owned place.

Otterhead

Yes, they charge for bowling, but they are not a Disney owned place.
Being on Disney property, the proper response to my question should have been:
"No, we're not part of the parks or included in tickets. Here's how much bowling costs."

Instead, they laughed at me and walked away when I asked if they were a Disney owned place and, if not, how much it cost to bowl there. That's not acceptable service, anywhere.

Jeff456

I know not many are fans of DQ, but I have always enjoyed it somewhat however it's included on Disney's UK ultimate tickets so I have not paid for it, it has officially been taken off but tickets allegedly still work! Perhaps if I have paid for it I would feel different, it is certainly not worth the cost of admission.
It is sad to see it undergoing a long and protracted decline, I still however hope it might still be open in August 2017, I would like one last visit there before it closes for good..

Kamikaze

Being on Disney property, the proper response to my question should have been:
"No, we're not part of the parks or included in tickets. Here's how much bowling costs."

Instead, they laughed at me and walked away when I asked if they were a Disney owned place and, if not, how much it cost to bowl there. That's not acceptable service, anywhere.

If your conversation is verbatim, you asked neither of those things.

Otterhead

If your conversation is verbatim, you asked neither of those things.
Ok, folks. This isn't difficult.
Here's what happened.
I took the escalator to the bowling alley level in Splitsville. An employee came over and asked if they could help me. I said sure, is this (I indicate the bowling alley) included in the Waterparks & More tickets? They were totally baffled and said they didn't know what I meant. I clarified what a Waterparks & More ticket is and that I was asking if it (the bowling going on next to me) was included in my ticket or if it was separate. He was still totally confused. So I asked if he was a cast member -- i.e.. were they Disney employees at a Disney facility or was this separate? He laughed in my face and walked away.

I had crappy customer service at Splitsville from a jerk who wouldn't answer my questions and walked away as I tried to ask how much it cost to bowl there. I'm unclear why this is something people are questioning.

Beacon Joe

I know it's the redheaded stepchild at this point, but I wish Disney would clean it up a bit and fix the broken games.

Considering how much we tend to spend on loading our kids' game cards at the resort arcades, Disney Quest was actually a far cheaper and (surprisingly) fun alternative to the arcades.

My kids got to play Tank Tank Tank repeatedly, and I got to play Gorf for an hour straight... talk about a dream for a child of the 80s. :)

Kamikaze

Ok, folks. This isn't difficult.
Here's what happened.
I took the escalator to the bowling alley level in Splitsville. An employee came over and asked if they could help me. I said sure, is this (I indicate the bowling alley) included in the Waterparks & More tickets? They were totally baffled and said they didn't know what I meant. I clarified what a Waterparks & More ticket is and that I was asking if it (the bowling going on next to me) was included in my ticket or if it was separate. He was still totally confused. So I asked if he was a cast member -- i.e.. were they Disney employees at a Disney facility or was this separate? He laughed in my face and walked away.

I had crappy customer service at Splitsville from a jerk who wouldn't answer my questions and walked away as I tried to ask how much it cost to bowl there. I'm unclear why this is something people are questioning.

But the thing is: Disney isn't the only company that uses the term 'cast members' for its employees. Why would you ask the question that way? Why wouldn't you say 'Does Disney run this?' or 'Are you owned by Disney?' or 'Do you work for Disney?'

I mean, if he's laughing at you that is terrible training, but you didn't give him anything to work with. He's not a Disney employee, he doesn't need to know the ins-and-outs of WDW ticket structure to work at a glorified bowling alley, even if it is located on Disney property.

Otterhead

But the thing is: Disney isn't the only company that uses the term 'cast members' for its employees. Why would you ask the question that way? Why wouldn't you say 'Does Disney run this?' or 'Are you owned by Disney?' or 'Do you work for Disney?'
I did. I literally said "is this a part of Disney?" and he said "I have no idea what you're talking about." Since they're on Disney property, I would most definitely think he'd know what the term 'cast member' meant.
. He's not a Disney employee, he doesn't need to know the ins-and-outs of WDW ticket structure to work at a glorified bowling alley, even if it is located on Disney property.
He should know the answer to "are you part of Disney?" and "are you a Disney employee?" and "does my Disney ticket work here?" Those are the sort of things you learn day-one at a place situated on Disney property.

Kamikaze

I did. I literally said "is this a part of Disney?" and he said "I have no idea what you're talking about." Since they're on Disney property, I would most definitely think he'd know what the term 'cast member' meant.

Thats why I asked if your post was verbatim. Both times you repeated it here, you did not phrase the questions that way.

mergatroid

Used to go in when it was included in our Premium AP's. Visiting like that was great as we only upgraded to Premium for the water parks so felt DQ was 'free' when we visited. We'd mainly go when we were seeing a movie at AMC and would arrive an hour or so early and go and play some video games. Would never pay separately to get in now though that maybe an age thing as I'm well into my 40's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom