DisneyQuest closed to arriving guests due to reaching capacity

TP2000

The Accuweather radar shows that all of central and northern Florida is receiving heavy, constant rain all day today. Just miserable looking on radar, quite frankly.

What is the building capacity of DisneyQuest? I haven't been in that building in years and years as I don't play video games, but it can't be that many people and it should be posted over a entry door somewhere. Maybe a few thousand at most? That's like one good hour of operation at a high capacity ride like Pirates or Small World or Haunted Mansion. And less than the truly monster people-eaters like Carousel of Progress, PeopleMover, or the WDW Railroad.

Not many people can fit inside DisneyQuest in the grand scheme of things operationally at WDW.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've never been. Is it worth the price at all? Like, even during slow days at WDW? My family has always thought the price for that place was very unreasonable

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I've never been. Is it worth the price at all? Like, even during slow days at WDW? My family has always thought the price for that place was very unreasonable

Its worth it if you like to feel what a state of the art arcade felt like in 1996. Great concept that never lived up to its full potential.

Edit: just realized someone else asked the same question I was asking about capacity.

mm121

really wish they'd renovate DQ

its pretty bad that the new parking garages practically contain more technology than DQ

anyone have any updates on the removal of the virtual reality game and the conversion of that space to eating area, since dining is just what everyone wants to do at DQ after pay 50 bucks to get in.

Cmdr_Crimson

anyone have any updates on the removal of the virtual reality game and the conversion of that space to eating area, since dining is just what everyone wants to do at DQ after pay 50 bucks to get in.

Since I was there ..Here it is....In all it's Dissapointment!

All ships are still entact
DSC01553_zps2cc4b356.jpg

They are now completely gutted and covered with black fabric and are blocked by a huge wooden box
DSC01529_zpsaa6f2442.jpg

And the Queue areas were convereted to "Seating Areas"
DSC01530_zps8706e7d8.jpg

What I find Strange tho is I can understand doing it for the 5th floor...
DQmap5.jpg

But why the Fourth as it's out of any seating area from Wonderland cafe..
DQmap4.jpg

mm121

Since I was there ..Here it is....In all it's Dissapointment!

All ships are still entact
DSC01553_zps2cc4b356.jpg

They are now completely gutted and covered with black fabric and are blocked by a huge wooden box
DSC01529_zpsaa6f2442.jpg

And the Queue areas were convereted to "Seating Areas"
DSC01530_zps8706e7d8.jpg

What I find Strange tho is I can understand doing it for the 5th floor...
DQmap5.jpg

But why the Fourth as it's out of any seating area from Wonderland cafe..
DQmap4.jpg

so dumb,

they could of of switched and opened the 4th floor and only closing the 5th floor, since they rarely opened both levels at the same time anyways.

but if your going to close the space ship definitely should of used the space, put some booths in it or something, would be a fun place to sit in the spaceship, maybe add some star lights

pumpkin7

I wouldn't say it was worth the money. The lifts were cool when they had the Genie in them, but it wasn't Robin Williams voicing him which sucked.
We didn't go on a busy day but most of the attractions had massive queues, there were rude, obnoxious little children running around barging infront of people to get to the consoles; I was walking up to one on a few occassions and was pushed aside for some child to have a go. No parents around! The one simulation we did get on was where you had to rescue civilians. We didn't do very well, and it was just an old, tired game.
The whole place smelt funny and we just didn't stay long. About 30 minutes. We only went because it was on our tickets and we had never done it before.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Have been there when it closed for capacity. No fun at all. Zero. My days of waiting more than 10 minutes for a video game passed about 30 years ago.

We enjoy going to DQ, BUT ONLY when we have Premium Annual Passes. If we actually paid per visit, there is very little chance we would go. Our daughter (10) loves Cyber SpaceMountain and the Aladdin Magic Carpet game. Sometimes we do the Pirate ship game. We all enjoy pinball and a few games of Pac Man and Centipede serve to make us feel a little younger. Completing all of that on a less crowded day equals maybe an hour to an hour and a half of diversion, so worth (at most) the cost of a movie - and we only ever go to matinees.

champdisney

I wouldn't say it was worth the money. The lifts were cool when they had the Genie in them, but it wasn't Robin Williams voicing him which sucked.
We didn't go on a busy day but most of the attractions had massive queues, there were rude, obnoxious little children running around barging infront of people to get to the consoles; I was walking up to one on a few occassions and was pushed aside for some child to have a go. No parents around! The one simulation we did get on was where you had to rescue civilians. We didn't do very well, and it was just an old, tired game.
The whole place smelt funny and we just didn't stay long. About 30 minutes. We only went because it was on our tickets and we had never done it before.
I had the very same experience last year. It was included in our ticket package, so I went to try it. It really wasn't anything out of the ordinary, I was expecting something on a grander scale. It's just outdated and overpriced. If it weren't for those passes, I don't think I would've ever gone. Now more than ever, I'm sure I'll never step foot in there unless they completely revamp the place and keep up with the technology. We are in the next generation of gaming, I would've thought Disney would've been on top of that.

Kman101

Make it a multi-level themed bars/clubs/lounges/restaurants and call it a day :)

I really do wish they'd completely update it. I haven't been in there in years and years. It seems like such valuable property.

BrianV

Haven't been in about 5 years. However, even at the time I'd say it was only worth it if you purchased the water hopper and more option making it essentially free. I'd never pay $40/pp or whatever the current price is. One advantage of having bought non expiring park tickets with water parks and more is that the water parks and more last forever even after the park tickets are used up. Still have 6 or 7 left as we only visit a water park or quest every few visits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom