Disneyland's New Workout Classes Take You Inside the Theme Parks Before They Open

westie

I like to stay in shape. I appreciate the milage I do on a Disney trip and I feel that's enough of a workout (especially at WDW) but for some reason this seems like another Disney cash grab.

Mickeyboof

I booked a class before this press release come out. Nowhere on the Spa website does it state classes are only for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests! Really bummed that it’s exclusive. Was planning on doing a few. It should open to all guests, as spots rarely fill up. Or they should be free exclusives to guests!

TP2000

I booked a class before this press release come out. Nowhere on the Spa website does it state classes are only for Disneyland Resort Hotel guests! Really bummed that it’s exclusive. Was planning on doing a few. It should open to all guests, as spots rarely fill up. Or they should be free exclusives to guests!

Call the spa and ask, and write down the name of the person who says you are fine to not be a hotel guest.

Also keep in mind this story is from Yahoo, which is a "news" site of very dubious distinction.

EDIT: This Yahoo article is not one of theirs, instead it was lifted directly from Travel+Leisure magazine. It was written by a young lady named Alison Fox who works for that magazine and lives in New York City. I just checked her linked Instagram (I'm not that bored, I'm just waiting for cornbread to bake), and it's one of those eye-rollingly curated and filtered Instagrams where she travels the world and the sky is always a hazy blue. Ms. Fox also seemingly wanders down endless charming alleyways in Tuscany no one has ever seen before, in Austrian apple orchards baby goats run up and leap into her arms adoringly, and her dress always contrasts perfectly against the vintage 1957 Dodge in the streets of Havana. :rolleyes:

Personal Fave; precious and downy penguin hatchlings consider her a friend when she sits on Antarctic beaches.

In the American travel photos, she never appears to leave the East Coast. And she has never been to Disneyland.

All that only reinforces my belief that this article is poorly researched and cut-and-pasted from a laptop in Brooklyn, and so I really think you should call the spa that took your reservation directly.

Last edited:

TP2000

These activities have been for GCH guests since forever. Not new at all.

Good point. I remember hearing about this concept years ago, it's not new. And twenty years ago they had that Segway Tour where you drove around DCA on a Segway before the park opened.

This is all just too damn early in the morning for me.

I'm still waiting for the "Last Call For Magic Tour", where they collect you from the Carthay Circle Lounge just after closing time and give you one of their Manhattan's in a to-go cup, and then a semi-snarky tour guide walks you around the closed and empty park and points out where all the juicy CM sex scandals took place over the last 10 years.

That's something I would pay for!

Mickeyboof

Call the spa and ask, and write down the name of the person who says you are fine to not be a hotel guest.

Also keep in mind this story is from Yahoo, which is a "news" site of very dubious distinction.

EDIT: This Yahoo article is not one of theirs, instead it was lifted directly from Travel+Leisure magazine. It was written by a young lady named Alison Fox who works for that magazine and lives in New York City. I just checked her linked Instagram (I'm not that bored, I'm just waiting for cornbread to bake), and it's one of those eye-rollingly curated and filtered Instagrams where she travels the world and the sky is always a hazy blue. Ms. Fox also seemingly wanders down endless charming alleyways in Tuscany no one has ever seen before, in Austrian apple orchards baby goats run up and leap into her arms adoringly, and her dress always contrasts perfectly against the vintage 1957 Dodge in the streets of Havana. :rolleyes:

Personal Fave; precious and downy penguin hatchlings consider her a friend when she sits on Antarctic beaches.

In the American travel photos, she never appears to leave the East Coast. And she has never been to Disneyland.

All that only reinforces my belief that this article is poorly researched and cut-and-pasted from a laptop in Brooklyn, and so I really think you should call the spa that took your reservation directly.

Unfortunately, the Disney Parks Blog press release does state “Group fitness classes are offered to overnight Disneyland Resort Hotel guests for an additional fee.” When I called to clarify, I was told by the Spa to cancel.

I am thinking about trying again, just to see if anyone actually confirms when checking in. The words might be a thin veil to simply dissuade, rather than all out ban. The website and confirmation say nothing of being an overnight hotel guest. I’ll update with my findings.

TP2000

Unfortunately, the Disney Parks Blog press release does state “Group fitness classes are offered to overnight Disneyland Resort Hotel guests for an additional fee.” When I called to clarify, I was told by the Spa to cancel.

I am thinking about trying again, just to see if anyone actually confirms when checking in. The words might be a thin veil to simply dissuade, rather than all out ban. The website and confirmation say nothing of being an overnight hotel guest. I’ll update with my findings.

Please do keep us updated! That's one of those many things TDA rolls out only halfway thought through and/or poorly communicated.

The website says nothing about hotel requirements, anyone can call and get a confirmed reservation, and yet technically in the fine print of a Disney Parks Blog post read by a few dozen people it says... Group fitness classes are offered to overnight Disneyland Resort Hotel guests for an additional fee.

Ladies and gentlemen... TDA! :rolleyes:

Californian Elitist

Isn't Disney in and of itself a workout? It's easy to do 10 miles a day not even trying.....
This. I lost pounds and a few inches off my waist when I worked at the park. If someone is there even starting from the afternoon until evening, they can get thousands of steps in, easily.

I also remember meeting an annual passholder who mostly used his pass to walk around the park to drop weight. He had lost 50 pounds when I met him.

Just another cash grab.

Communicora

Premium Member
This seems like a nice perk if you are staying at one of their hotels. I could see myself doing the boot camp one in DCA as a bit of a lark.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom