Disneyland yearly refurbs?

Slipknot

Original Poster
So I'm planning my first Disneyland trip at the end of January 2015. Are there any rides that close yearly, like Splash Mountain at Walt Disney World, around that time?

Thanks in advance.

Travel Junkie

January is the biggest refurb month of the year. There will always be several rides down and especially this January expect heavy refurbs as they get ready for the 60th.

Splash is usually down. GRR the water ride in DCA is usually down (except this year.) HM goes down for removal of its overlay but is typically back up mid January. Small World also goes down for removal of its overlay, usually after HM is back up.

Slipknot

Original Poster
I can live without IASW but if I miss anything, that's just more incentive to go again. As long as Indiana Jones, which I know reopened from a recent refurb, and Matterhorn, which looks like it is reopening in November from a refurb, are open, I'll be fine. Those are the two main attractions I am looking forward to at Disneyland park.

Californian Elitist

I can live without IASW but if I miss anything, that's just more incentive to go again. As long as Indiana Jones, which I know reopened from a recent refurb, and Matterhorn, which looks like it is reopening in November from a refurb, are open, I'll be fine. Those are the two main attractions I am looking forward to at Disneyland park.

Out of curiosity, I'm going to ask why you're looking so forward to Matterhorn? It's one of my favorites, but I'm just wondering.

Last edited:

Slipknot

Original Poster
Out of curiosity, I'm going to ask why you're looking so forward to Matterhorn? It's one of my favorite, but I'm just wondering.

1. I consider it a Mountain like Space, Splash and Big Thunder but we don't have that here at WDW.
2. Ever since I saw Chip and Dale ride it on the Disneyland Sing Along video when I was a lot younger, I've been wanting to ride it.
3. Closest I've been to Disneyland is driving past the resort on Harbor Blvd. back in 2005. Being able to see Matterhorn from the road but not being able to go to Disneyland just fueled my want to ride it even more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom