Rumor Disneyland Tomorrowland Future - What to do?

We all know that Disney will have to do something with Tomorrowland soon, what do you want to see?

• Demo it and start over with a new theme.

• Demo it and start over with same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain and keep same theme.

• Demo everything but Space Mountain but retheme the land.

• Remove only certain attractions but keep the same theme.

• Remove only certain attractions but retheme the land.

• Go retro and bring back '67 Tomorrowland.

• Don't touch Tomorrowland at all, leave everything the way it is, its my favorite land!

Results are only viewable after voting.

BrianLo

Shoot. What about Pooh?

Pooh actually provides a fairly large expansion pad if they went that route. Enough that they could fit in a RoTR size attraction if they really wanted to.

I think actually bigger than what DHS has *albeit yes DHS has several more options, but I'm referencing their 'known' pad.

Yes I'm purposely including more backstage. A large strip of which formerly contained a building removed at the very start of this project. Pooh used to not have so much breathing room. The construction crews have mostly used that as parking so the backstage road certainly could be shifted.

mickEblu

Pooh actually provides a fairly large expansion pad if they went that route. Enough that they could fit in a RoTR size attraction if they really wanted to.

I think actually bigger than what DHS has *albeit yes DHS has several more options, but I'm referencing their 'known' pad.

View attachment 373312

Yes I'm purposely including more backstage. A large strip of which formerly contained a building removed at the very start of this project. Pooh used to not have so much breathing room. The construction crews have mostly used that as parking so the backstage road certainly could be shifted.

Wouldn’t they need to keep that hillside berm with those huge trees separating Critter Country from SWL? Or at least I’d want them to to preserve the intimacy of that area. I think the outline you have in the pic is going a little too far into Critter Country. I’d rather have a show building 3/4 the size to preserve that area in Critter Country.

BrianLo

Wouldn’t they need to keep that hillside berm with those huge trees separating Critter Country from SWL? Or at least I’d want them to to preserve the intimacy of that area. I think the outline you have in the pic is going a little too far into Critter Country. I’d rather have a show building 3/4 the size to preserve that area in Critter Country.

Just a rough outline. The hillside berm would have to be cut open somewhere if the attraction is attached to Galaxy's Edge.

But yes, either way they could decidedly tear out Pooh and fit a true E-ticket in that space without compromising anything else.

mickEblu

Just a rough outline. The hillside berm would have to be cut open somewhere if the attraction is attached to Galaxy's Edge.

But yes, either way they could decidedly tear out Pooh and fit a true E-ticket in that space without compromising anything else.

Would it If the entrance was on the SWL side?

BrianLo

Would it If the entrance was on the SWL side?

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to the new 'wall of trees'. Yes it would cut into SW:GE wall of trees.

Personally I'd rather the Pooh plot actually go towards Critter Country long term. Two major attractions feels pretty good for Galaxies Edge.

I'm not sure for what though, maybe something like a major Jungle Book attraction.

But I'm really running the Tomorrowland thread off the rails.

TROR

Oh sorry, I thought you were referring to the new 'wall of trees'. Yes it would cut into SW:GE wall of trees.

Personally I'd rather the Pooh plot actually go towards Critter Country long term. Two major attractions feels pretty good for Galaxies Edge.

I'm not sure for what though, maybe something like a major Jungle Book attraction.

What

BrianLo

I literally looked up the definition of critter before I said that. Apparently it's just "an Animal". Not necessarily a woodland furry friend. Bears are obviously better, but a bit redundant and really need to appear as animatronics in DCA.

Just be thankful I didn't say Zootopia.

TROR

I literally looked up the definition of critter before I said that. Apparently it's just "an Animal". Not necessarily a woodland furry friend. Bears are obviously better, but a bit redundant and really need to appear as animatronics in DCA.

Just be thankful I didn't say Zootopia.
Yeah but like Critter Country is still themed to the backwoods of America, not just animals.

mickEblu

Yeah me too. I’d rather it stay as part of Critter Country. Just a bit salty that we didn’t get a Star Wars coaster.

DanielBB8

What Happens To Star Tours

“Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay will continue to serve as a home for older characters in the sweeping Star Wars space opera saga.

The timeline for Galaxy’s Edge will be set in the latest Star Wars trilogy with newer characters like Rey, BB-8 and Kylo Ren populating the new themed land.

“Characters that might be from a hundred years ago, they wouldn’t be walking around this land,” Trowbridge said of Galaxy’s Edge. “But that doesn’t mean that they don’t have a home anymore.”

While Galaxy’s Edge visitors won’t see Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia or Han Solo in Black Spire Outpost, familiar characters from the first two Star Wars trilogies will still make appearances in Tomorrowland.”

This seems to leave wiggle room for the original trilogy. What if they decide to make Tomorrowland a bit more like Tatoonie or Gungan city at Naboo. That would be an interesting way to fix 2 things at once. The lack or the original trilogy at Galaxy’s Edge and Tomorrowland’s theming that already has Star Wars.

mickEblu

What Happens To Star Tours

“Star Tours and Star Wars Launch Bay will continue to serve as a home for older characters in the sweeping Star Wars space opera saga.

The timeline for Galaxy’s Edge will be set in the latest Star Wars trilogy with newer characters like Rey, BB-8 and Kylo Ren populating the new themed land.

“Characters that might be from a hundred years ago, they wouldn’t be walking around this land,” Trowbridge said of Galaxy’s Edge. “But that doesn’t mean that they don’t have a home anymore.”

While Galaxy’s Edge visitors won’t see Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia or Han Solo in Black Spire Outpost, familiar characters from the first two Star Wars trilogies will still make appearances in Tomorrowland.”

This seems to leave wiggle room for the original trilogy. What if they decide to make Tomorrowland a bit more like Tatoonie or Gungan city at Naboo. That would be an interesting way to fix 2 things at once. The lack or the original trilogy at Galaxy’s Edge and Tomorrowland’s theming that already has Star Wars.

2 Star Wars Lands in Disneyland? Hard pass.

socalifornian

He makes it sound like they aren’t in this trilogy. Han is gone. A m&g with force ghost Luke iN rEaL TiMe would’ve been cool tho

Chupaca Bruh

As long as they have a trust account of one billion $$$ to use every few years to update everything. Unless they want the Tomorrowland / Future World theme frozen in time from a past historical era.

Phroobar

As long as they have a trust account of one billion $$$ to use every few years to update everything. Unless they want the Tomorrowland / Future World theme frozen in time from a past historical era.
A lot of people would love that. A lot want the return of the 70's version of Tomorrowland - might microscope and peopleover and rocket jets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom