Disneyland to pool or no pool?

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Good morning,

We are planning a Disneyland trip October 12 to 19, 2019. We are booking a condo or home nearby. The house has a pool. Our kids love water. I have watched the weather all October and just can’t decide if the temps on weather.com are actually warm enough to swim? Can anyone who has vacationed this time of year or lives in the area tell me if we could actually utilize a heated pool?

Thank you.

DanielBB8

Odd question. If the pool is heated, would not using it be a waste? Just bring your swim suits and decide later. October temperatures can be quite warm during the daytime, but overnight temperatures can cool to the 50s so the pool is too cool to be enjoyed if not heated. Ask the condo on whether the pool is heated.

Sillysidewalker

Original Poster
Odd question. If the pool is heated, would not using it be a waste? Just bring your swim suits and decide later. October temperatures can be quite warm during the daytime, but overnight temperatures can cool to the 50s so the pool is too cool to be enjoyed if not heated. Ask the condo on whether the pool is heated.

Sorry I just reread my question and it’s confusing. We would pay about $1500 more to stay at the house with the pool versus the condo. I am trying to decide if it is worth the added expense ie will we actually be able to utilize the pool or will the weather be too cold.

Last edited:

GiveMeTheMusic

Good morning,

We are planning a Disneyland trip October 12 to 19, 2019. We are booking a condo or home nearby. The house has a pool. Our kids love water. I have watched the weather all October and just can’t decide if the temps on weather.com are actually warm enough to swim? Can anyone who has vacationed this time of year or lives in the area tell me if we could actually utilize a heated pool?

Thank you.

It's usually in the 80s in October, so yeah, there's a good chance the pool will be usable.

BubbaQuest

You'll be right on the cusp of good SoCal weather. September and October usually have great weather in California. Daylight savings will still be in effect so nice late sunsets. The only issue might be some Santa Ana winds. It will still be warm outside, but if the winds kick up it might be a bit too much to enjoy outside. Even in this case it should only be for a few hours.

Have a great trip!

SuddenStorm

Sorry I just reread my question and it’s confusing. We would pay about $1500 more to stay at the house with the pool versus the condo. I am trying to decide if it is worth the added expense ie will we actually be able to utilize the pool or will the weather be too cold.

Save the $1500 and go with the convo. You can spend that extra money in the parks on food or merchandise- or better yet, many of the other excellent tourist spots near Anaheim.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom