News Disneyland to give Snow White’s Scary Adventures dark ride a major facelift in 2020

Professortango1

Man... How long until Temple of Doom comes under scrutiny? Then forbidden eye will be next...

The slippery slope always goes downhill.

Also yes, snow white's skulls were removed from the exterior stonework.
Temple of Doom has been considered sort of racist for a number of years now, mostly due to the eating scene. The ride will be fine for some time.

el_super

Man... How long until Temple of Doom comes under scrutiny? Then forbidden eye will be next...

Indiana Jones has a height requirement and could easily be considered a more PG/PG-13 attraction.

There is a big difference between knowing a child can handle exposure to certain material before going on a ride, and being exposed to it unnecessarily at the entrance to a land, or within the context of a ride safe for children.

The Aracuan Bird

Does Haunted Mansion have a height requirement? I’m not saying it shouldn’t be talked about, but if Adventureland and Snow White are having their Skeletons removed, why are Pirates and Mansion getting the pass? Because they’re “fan favorites”? Seems a bit biased.

DanielBB8

They just removed the skulls from the Adventureland entrance because of cultural sensitivity. And we still have a couple posters who seemingly are willing to die on the “cancel culture isn’t real” hill. Knock yourselves out.
Even more heads were cut at Disney for cancel culture than the skulls removed from Adventureland entrance. Fun time for Disney employees (Reimagine Tomorrow).

There's new Twitter backlash on the Bad Batch looking white washed. Evidently, Disney listened and didn't dismiss the tiny minority of complainers. The lighting will be adjusted.
Temple of Doom has been considered sort of racist for a number of years now, mostly due to the eating scene. The ride will be fine for some time.
The eating scene is about monkey brains and beetles. It has the heart removal scene that reminds you of native indigenous tribes cutting out the hearts for human sacrifices.

mickEblu

Does Haunted Mansion have a height requirement? I’m not saying it shouldn’t be talked about, but if Adventureland and Snow White are having their Skeletons removed, why are Pirates and Mansion getting the pass? Because they’re “fan favorites”? Seems a bit biased.

Biased? Not that I agree with any of these changes but they got removed for different reasons. Adventureland because they can be tied to the “savage” / Trader Sam thing and in Snow White because they re “scary.” What reason would they need to be removed from POTC or HM?

Last edited:

Professortango1

I keep bringing this up and its so weird how it keeps getting ignored. They changed the name of the Indian War Canoes in 1971. Was that cancel culture too?? Was that a bad decision?
Don't you know anytime a private company decides to make some changes to their products to reflect a changing consumer base, it is "cAnCeL CUltURe!"

mickEblu

What these boards need is the ability to react to or comment on a reaction.

68708688-BDE0-4DD3-B959-150583C8308D.jpeg

🤷🏻‍♂️

CaptinEO

I keep bringing this up and its so weird how it keeps getting ignored. They changed the name of the Indian War Canoes in 1971. Was that cancel culture too?? Was that a bad decision?
What does that have to do with anything?

No one is pretending censorship is a brand new concept.

el_super

What does that have to do with anything?

No one is pretending censorship is a brand new concept.

You said, and I quote here:
"massive censorship and change as of recent."

It's not recent at all.

And since you seem to imply that the name change was a form of censorship, I am assuming you are against it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom