Disneyland Tickets

gboiler1

I haven't been to DL in 6 years, so I'm out of the loop on tix. Can someone tell me do they work like WDW tix? In other words, if I buy now, are they good whenever I go in the future or do they expire like some of the DL tix?

Also, we haven't been since CA was added. Would you suggest 2 or 3 days total to see most everything?

We'd like to go back to CA to visit family, but don't know when we'll be able to afford to go, but if we can prepurchase tix, that would help when we decide to actually go.

Thanks!

kag1984

I just got back from Disneyland last weekend and we were able to do most of Disneyland and most of DCA in 2 days. But that was with three adults so it might be different if your going with kids. The third day we spent there we redid everything that we loved and spent a lot of time running across the concourse from one park to the other grabbing fast passes and having a lot of fun. Although a word of warning... do not eat at DCA, we went to the Pacific Wharf area and it took us 20 min to place our order and another 30 min to get our food... and this was at a quick service restaurant. Disneyland was much more capable of prepairing food quickly. And you have to check out Space Mountain! It totally rocks!

Sorry I can't help you on the tickets though... I didn't purchase them for our group so I'm not sure how they worked. But if you make a phone call there I'm sure that they can answer that question for you pretty easily.

Upvote 0

Skippy2000

We just got back 2 days ago from Disneyland / California Adventure (tacked it onto a business trip). We had purchased our tickets (3-day park hoppers) by mail several months ago, and I recall that they did have a "use by" expiration date. Other thoughts: I would allow 3 days. If at all possible, avoid DL on weekends: human gridlock, CM's enforcing one-way walking patterns, deveral times we retreated to California Adventure because we couldn't stand the crush. Splash Mountain, IMHO, a very different - and less pleasant - experience at DL: darker, less well themed, and FAR, FAR wetter: I got wetter on Splash at DL than I ever did on Kali at WDW. Do not miss Indiana Jones at DL, just amazing. Finally, we really liked California Adventure, while admitting it could use a couple more e-ticket level attractions. Didn't experience bad food service. Hope you get to go!

Upvote 0

maharet97a

Tickets are pretty much like WDW in the 'must be used within 13 days from date of first use, blah blah'....Ours have always had an expiration date as they're discounted tickets, so I don't know about purchasing through mail or at the gate. I would also reccommend at least 3 days, especially with kids if you're having to do baby swap. As someone else mentioned DL is packed on the weekends, however on our last trip (Oct 5 and 6) the weekday crowds were insane as well. California Adventure is a wonderful park and please take the time to enjoy it. It has more E-ticket rides than any single WDW park (don't bite me if I'm wrong, I could have missed attractions in my counting :))except the MK (six as a minimum-- Soarin, Grizzly River Run, Maliboomer, California Screamin', Mulholland Maddness, and ToT ) . The Aladdin show is amazing as well. Have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

malice

^^^
sorry, but maliboomer and muholland madness are not E-tickets. the 10 second space shot and the UGLY madmouse coaster, though both extremely fun to ride are not extensively imagineered attractions that would fit that caliber. the definite E tickets in DCA are TOT, Aladdin, Soarin', GRR, and Screamin'.

Upvote 0

maharet97a

Like I said, don't bite me. Both Disney and Passporter list Maliboomer as an E-ticket. MM is just listed as a D-ticket, but in my count I was also counting Primeval Whirl as an E as well instead of the D it's listed as. It's Tough to be a Bug is also considered an E-ticket attraction. All this aside, my point remains the same. The park has more to offer than most people give it credit for. It's a beautiful addition to the resort and I hope the OP has a wonderful time on their first visit to DCA.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom