Disneyland Restaurants

marksniles

Original Poster
I have a trip planned for the first full week of August this year to the Disneyland resort. Any suggestions for good restuarants in either the parks or the hotels? Thanks in advance.

Californian Elitist

I will just copy and paste my post from a previous thread:

My absolute favorite spot to eat at at Disneyland is the Plaza Inn at the end of Main Street. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food is really good, specifically the fried chicken.

DSC_0926.JPG

Plaza-Restaurant2.jpg

I also really enjoy Rancho Del Zocalo in Frontierland. The area is beautiful and the Mexican is decent for theme park food.

5756227056_97786d6bfd_z.jpg

tumblr_lo0ft6Jpc51qkzw84o1_500.jpg

Hungry Bear also makes my list, due to its location. It's in Critter Country (a land not found at WDW) and it sits right across from Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America. It's got a woodsy/backyard picnic-type feel. Their onion rings are so good, as well as their burgers and chicken sandwiches.

hungry-bear.jpg

French Market. Great ambiance and good food. There's usually a band that plays right out front. Cafe Orleans is great, too.

french-market.jpg

Cafe Orleans:

cafeorleans1.jpg

The counter service spot at the Disneyland Resort with arguably the best ambiance is Flo's V8 Cafe at California Adventure in Cars Land. Its location is perfect. It's smack dab in the middle of Cars Land, and, depending where you sit, you can see the cars from Radiator Springs Racers driving by you. The restaurant plays themed, Motown music and serves classic, American comfort food.

Flos-V8-Cafe-L.jpg

1053-63808.jpg

8395875109_9f7c041e6e.jpg

On to the table service restaurants.

Carnation Cafe is on Main Street, and the food is great. Space is not bountiful here, so make a reservation, just in case.

tumblr_lk5h767QzG1qbmnnfo1_500.jpg

DSC_9546.jpg

Carthay Circle Restaurant in California Adventure. I've yet to eat here, but I've heard the food is good. It's a very beautiful restaurant.

CarthayCircle.jpg

carthay_circle_inside_02.jpg

Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel. I haven't eaten here either, but I haven't heard one, single bad review about it. The food is excellent, from what I hear. It's a bit pricey, FYI.

DSC06452.jpg

naparose1.jpg

I've heard the exact same thing about Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel.

DSC7903-640x425.jpg

DSC02390.JPG

In my opinion, the table restaurant with the best ambiance at the Disneyland Resort would be Blue Bayou at Disneyland. It is located in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and it is very popular. You can't beat its location. If you decide to eat here, make sure to ask for seats inside the restaurant, across from the ride, as seen in the photos. This is also a pricey restaurant.

bluebayou.jpg

restaurant-review-blue-bayou-disneyland-L-fPJ0lb.jpeg

coachwnh

I will just copy and paste my post from a previous thread:

My absolute favorite spot to eat at at Disneyland is the Plaza Inn at the end of Main Street. It's a beautiful restaurant and the food is really good, specifically the fried chicken.

DSC_0926.JPG

Plaza-Restaurant2.jpg

I also really enjoy Rancho Del Zocalo in Frontierland. The area is beautiful and the Mexican is decent for theme park food.

5756227056_97786d6bfd_z.jpg

tumblr_lo0ft6Jpc51qkzw84o1_500.jpg

Hungry Bear also makes my list, due to its location. It's in Critter Country (a land not found at WDW) and it sits right across from Tom Sawyer Island and the Rivers of America. It's got a woodsy/backyard picnic-type feel. Their onion rings are so good, as well as their burgers and chicken sandwiches.

hungry-bear.jpg

French Market. Great ambiance and good food. There's usually a band that plays right out front. Cafe Orleans is great, too.

french-market.jpg

Cafe Orleans:

cafeorleans1.jpg

The counter service spot at the Disneyland Resort with arguably the best ambiance is Flo's V8 Cafe at California Adventure in Cars Land. Its location is perfect. It's smack dab in the middle of Cars Land, and, depending where you sit, you can see the cars from Radiator Springs Racers driving by you. The restaurant plays themed, Motown music and serves classic, American comfort food.

Flos-V8-Cafe-L.jpg

1053-63808.jpg

8395875109_9f7c041e6e.jpg

On to the table service restaurants.

Carnation Cafe is on Main Street, and the food is great. Space is not bountiful here, so make a reservation, just in case.

tumblr_lk5h767QzG1qbmnnfo1_500.jpg

DSC_9546.jpg

Carthay Circle Restaurant in California Adventure. I've yet to eat here, but I've heard the food is good. It's a very beautiful restaurant.

CarthayCircle.jpg

carthay_circle_inside_02.jpg

Napa Rose at the Grand Californian Hotel. I haven't eaten here either, but I haven't heard one, single bad review about it. The food is excellent, from what I hear. It's a bit pricey, FYI.

DSC06452.jpg

naparose1.jpg

I've heard the exact same thing about Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel.

DSC7903-640x425.jpg

DSC02390.JPG

In my opinion, the table restaurant with the best ambiance at the Disneyland Resort would be Blue Bayou at Disneyland. It is located in the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and it is very popular. You can't beat its location. If you decide to eat here, make sure to ask for seats inside the restaurant, across from the ride, as seen in the photos. This is also a pricey restaurant.

bluebayou.jpg

restaurant-review-blue-bayou-disneyland-L-fPJ0lb.jpeg
we had a great experience at the character breakfast at the plaza!!! Blue Bayou was neat too. Hope to do both this summer!!

coachwnh

How far in advance should I make dining reservations?
We made two ADRs before we went last year. My wife booked the Tratoria with the WOC package in DCA. We thought it was worth it. And she booked the Blue Bayou, also a nice place, in DL. It overlooks POTC. We were able to walk up and ask for reservations anywhere else (Ariels Grotto? for breakfast, Plaza character breakfast, and the outside BBQ near BTMRR - Sorry, Im not sure of all the offical DL names). We didnt have issues at all. Even though it was very crowded when we ate at BB (we waited over 30 minutes past or reservation time), they were still atking walk ups. Not sure if that is the name. Again, I defer to Raven! Hope this helps

coachwnh

I didn't know you g;)uys had visited the Plaza Inn! It's so darn good there! You know, it was one of Walt's favorite places to eat in the park.
The CMs were fantastic. our kids met so many characters. Cant remember for sure how many, but more than 10! The CMs would ask my wife and I if there was anyone special the kids wanted to meet (characters). they would make it happen. we were just amazed with how many there were and how they were so different than we are used to at WDW. They just seem so much more open and free to do their own thing. I can see issues with that with some guests, but what a great breakfast we had!

Californian Elitist

The CMs were fantastic. our kids met so many characters. Cant remember for sure how many, but more than 10! The CMs would ask my wife and I if there was anyone special the kids wanted to meet (characters). they would make it happen. we were just amazed with how many there were and how they were so different than we are used to at WDW. They just seem so much more open and free to do their own thing. I can see issues with that with some guests, but what a great breakfast we had!

That's fantastic! Are you planning on doing the character breakfast again, or just regular lunch and dinner?

coachwnh

That's fantastic! Are you planning on doing the character breakfast again, or just regular lunch and dinner?
to be honest, we havent thought about it yet. we just changed our WDW trip for July. (we chamged resort reservations) Just so looking forward to this summer. still cant believe we will be doing both WDW and DL again this summer. Is there something really worth doing there this summer that maybe not many people know about? Do they also have kid clubs at the resorts like WDW does in case my wife and I want a date night?

Californian Elitist

to be honest, we havent thought about it yet. we just changed our WDW trip for July. (we chamged resort reservations) Just so looking forward to this summer. still cant believe we will be doing both WDW and DL again this summer. Is there something really worth doing there this summer that maybe not many people know about? Do they also have kid clubs at the resorts like WDW does in case my wife and I want a date night?

The good thing is you have enough time to think about everything.

I'm not sure about kids clubs but I do know that the Paradise Pier hosts kids with movies and shows. I believe the Grand Californian has something like that, too. I can look into it and get back to you.:)

Downtown Disney has swing dancing, if you're interested in that, and there's also the annual passholder events you will be able to attend.

Lizzie In Disney

Welcome to Disneyland! The above suggestions are all spectacular. The Carnation Cafe is my favorite place for breakfast. I just love walking down Main Street, ducking into the Carnation, and enjoying my breakfast while the streetcars run by and the Dapper Dans sing. There is nothing like it. Say hi to Chef Oscar if you get a chance! The Blue Bayou is incredible, and sadly, I never got to the opportunity to eat there on my dozens of trips. It is on my wish list! For a couple of quick service options, you can get wonderful soup and gumbo in bread bowls at the little shop right above POTC or the shack on the water across from Haunted Mansion. That is always our go-to quick service. I am still dreaming about that clam chowder...have an incredible trip and a magical day!

Californian Elitist

Welcome to Disneyland! The above suggestions are all spectacular. The Carnation Cafe is my favorite place for breakfast. I just love walking down Main Street, ducking into the Carnation, and enjoying my breakfast while the streetcars run by and the Dapper Dans sing. There is nothing like it. Say hi to Chef Oscar if you get a chance! The Blue Bayou is incredible, and sadly, I never got to the opportunity to eat there on my dozens of trips. It is on my wish list! For a couple of quick service options, you can get wonderful soup and gumbo in bread bowls at the little shop right above POTC or the shack on the water across from Haunted Mansion. That is always our go-to quick service. I am still dreaming about that clam chowder...have an incredible trip and a magical day!

Nice to see another Disneylander here!

Chef Oscar, FTW.

Nicole220

Napa Rose is one of the best restaurants you'll ever eat at.

French Market gives you a lot of food, and it's pretty good. :)

I enjoy the Mediterranean place in DCA in the Pier.

TrolleyFollower91

I echo the sentiments about the Plaza Inn- it's delicious!! I would also recommend Cocina Cucamonga in the Pacific Wharf area of DCA. Those tacos are yummy! For me, Flo's has the best ambiance of any restaurant in the parks. If you want hotel dining- Storyteller's Cafe at GCH is the best!

StarWarsGirl

Blue Bayou, Steakhouse 55, Carnation Cafe. Those were my three favorites when I went four years ago. I'm going at the end of June and am planning on posting my trip journal as a trip report here for all of you to see, and we're doing table service at least once per day, so if you're interested in my thoughts, head over there. :)

teacherlady19

Blue Bayou is our absolute favorite. We discovered it by accident one time and from then on, we made a point of going once on each trip. When you make reservations, ask for a table by the water. You can hear the sounds of the ride instead of a lot of people talking.

My daughter's best friend just got proposed to in BB a couple of nights ago. Down on his knee and everything, I guess it caused quite a lot of people to stare and watch for her reaction, and then applause from those around them.

Donna

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom