News Disneyland Resort seeking performers to portray Isabela and Luisa from Encanto

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
A new casting notice from Disney Live Entertainment is seeking seasonal candidates to portray Isabela and Luisa from Encanto.

Here's a link to the notice.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 2.07.44 PM.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Oogie Boogie Bash. (most likely)
Curious why you'd think they would be for OBB, neither are villains. I know that OBB isn't exclusively for villains, like they had Bruno last year, but you'd think that if they would introduce newer characters to OBB (and these two specifically should have been with Bruno last year) it would be more on the villain side.

But guess we'll see....

TP2000

Isn't this for the Plaza de Familia thing they do every August-December, spanning Halloween/Dia de los Muertos/Christmas/Three Kings Day in Paradise Gardens? Or is that Coco? Or both? I forget.

Either way, it's a little meet n' greet thing. No singing or dancing skills required.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Curious why you'd think they would be for OBB, neither are villains. I know that OBB isn't exclusively for villains, like they had Bruno last year, but you'd think that if they would introduce newer characters to OBB (and these two specifically should have been with Bruno last year) it would be more on the villain side.

But guess we'll see....

They've had Bruno at the party the past two years. Character fans need new characters to feed their social media. :D

Plus Bruno is out now doing regular meet & greets, so he won't be a draw by party time.

It's possible it's for Pride nites but they would have to hurry up to cast and train.

I don't think there's anything else coming up that would budget for new characters given the really extraordinary amount that are out currently at both parks. There are characters all over the place right now!

Theoretically it could fit Plaza de la Familia, but why give up new characters for "free" when you could put them behind a paywall? lol But I'd be very happy if they were part of daily visits for the season. :)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
They've had Bruno at the party the past two years. Character fans need new characters to feed their social media. :D

Plus Bruno is out now doing regular meet & greets, so he won't be a draw by party time.

It's possible it's for Pride nites but they would have to hurry up to cast and train.

I don't think there's anything else coming up that would budget for new characters given the really extraordinary amount that are out currently at both parks. There are characters all over the place right now!

Theoretically it could fit Plaza de la Familia, but why give up new characters for "free" when you could put them behind a paywall? lol But I'd be very happy if they were part of daily visits for the season. :)
We'll see, but to me it seems to make more sense for Plaza de la Familia than OBB.

Touchdown

I’m a little sad they didn’t go with Isabella from the end of the movie.

IMG_6380.jpeg

I feel like it’s more true to her character and would be more fun to portray.

Miss Rori

Meanwhile over at the Oogie Boogie Bash, looks like Bruno's absent this year; the new characters are Hades (can't believe he wasn't there before!) and Dr. Doofenschmirtz (from Phineas and Ferb). Looking at the info about the various things to do at the event, there's absolutely nothing related to Wish and Magnifico, which goes to show just how badly that movie flopped.

asianway

Meanwhile over at the Oogie Boogie Bash, looks like Bruno's absent this year; the new characters are Hades (can't believe he wasn't there before!) and Dr. Doofenschmirtz (from Phineas and Ferb). Looking at the info about the various things to do at the event, there's absolutely nothing related to Wish and Magnifico, which goes to show just how badly that movie flopped.
Hasn’t he been meeting every day?

Miss Rori

and no one knows who Asha is.
Exactly. If Wish had been a hit, they would have absolutely fast-tracked Magnifico for Oogie Boogie Bash; like so much of the movie he was engineered to be slotted into the theme parks and otherwise, but that doesn't work if no one sees/likes the movie. (I wonder if Dr. Doofenschmirtz was picked to be one of this year's new additions only after it was clear Magnifico wouldn't work, similar to the 1900 Park Fare character meal on the East Coast clearly having Wish and Asha in mind when it revised its theme and decor, only to have to rethink it.)

MarvelCharacterNerd

Bruno is at the Bash. Hades has been at the Bash previously as a masked character. This year he's there as a face character.

Got to meet Luisa yesterday and looking forward to meeting Isabela soon. Was joking with the leads who were there checking the guest reactions that now we need the rest of the familia, too, starting with Abuela. :D

Very glad these two new characters were not locked behind the party paywall. But there are a bunch of characters out meeting this season, which is awesome. I suspect these additions balance out the show cutbacks like the Coco show/Viva Navidad only running on the weekends. Also, I haven't checked to see if they stopped doing the Tomorrowland character dance parties, but if so, that's why the villains have been available to meet & greet, so I definitely prefer that to the dance party or either of the shows that were cut back.

Sad we didn't get Magnifico, though. He would have been such a fun character to interact with even if his movie was blah.

wdrive

I suspect these additions balance out the show cutbacks like the Coco show/Viva Navidad only running on the weekends. Also, I haven't checked to see if they stopped doing the Tomorrowland character dance parties, but if so, that's why the villains have been available to meet & greet, so I definitely prefer that to the dance party or either of the shows that were cut back.

Sad we didn't get Magnifico, though. He would have been such a fun character to interact with even if his movie was blah.

A show like Viva Navidad costs a lot more than having one character out.

I could see Magnifico going to Oogie Boogie Bash one day. It’s not like they have the most stereotypical marketable villains out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom