Disneyland Resort Paris: The Next Generation

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Chapter 5: Your Heart Will Be Thawed By This Frozen Journey
View attachment 670199

The other area that will be added to the expansion pad behind the present-day Fantasyland will be centred around another more modern Disney feature, the Frozen franchise. Of course, it is no surprise that this has been a super popular franchise, with currently two feature films and multiple shorts in its legacy (and thus truly deserving of attention and representation in the parks). Therefore, I was glad to hear that Disneyland Resort Paris will be receiving an entire themed land dedicated to the famous sisters from Arendelle. However, it has been somewhat confusing to see that the land will only feature one attraction and that it will be placed in Walt Disney Studios Park. So far, Disney seems to have been hesitant with adding anything related to Frozen into Fantasyland, despite the movie fitting in perfectly with the Fantasyland surroundings. Overall we’ve seen the company shoe-horning the franchise almost everywhere from Epcot’s Norway Pavilion, Tokyo DisneySea’s Fantasy Springs (which is, I suppose, a second Fantasyland to the entire resort), Walt Disney Studios Park, and even Hong Kong is receiving its own Frozen land instead of just adding it into Fantasyland. For that reason, I’d like to see what it could do for Frozen not to have a full land (especially with how I personally prefer not to have lands dedicated to just one franchise in general), but instead, work it into Fantasyland as it is.
Currently, the Fantasyland Railroad Station is also home to a Mickey Mouse meet-and-greet venue. However, in favour of the new expansion, the train station and meet and greet area will be removed. The train station will be re-built with a tunnel underneath in style of Arendelle/Scandinavian wood work. Steep pitched roofs, octagonal towers with wide overhang roofs and symbols related to the kingdom of Arendelle signify what lies ahead. Guests passing through the train station building exit the other side to find themselves on a crossroads between the Tangled and Frozen areas. To their left however they will wander off onto a small Arendelle square, with a bridge leading towards the Royal Palace. The town and palace seem to be stuck in perpetual winter (not because of Elsa, but simply because of the storyline the area and its’ attraction follow. Between the town and the castle, the background is made out of the Northern Mountains with Elsa’s ice palace perched atop. Through the open palace gate, you’ll find yourself on the Royal main square, with two large fountains and the steeply pitched grand entrance to the area’s e-ticket attraction, Frozen Sleigh Journey. The area seems to be preparing for a celebration. For the attraction, Guests first wind through a regal side hall that looks into the main hall. From here we are led through an outdoor overhang before entering back into the castle. The queue continues through the halls of the castle, where it becomes clear that Anna is preparing a birthday party for Elsa (which is in December).
All of the interior spaces of the queue that are set in the palace are richly themed and dressed with tapestries, paintings, and royal fixtures re-telling the events of the movies (yes, this attraction will take place after the events of Frozen II). We eventually end up in the royal stables where we walk among stacks of boxes, barrels, and hay. There are windows that look out into the loading room, which is simulated to be outdoors and made to look like a snowy forest with twinkling stars above. Ahead is a load platform where Guests will board their wood-carved sleigh. Four sleighs load at one time, each seating 8 Guests. After loading and seat check, the sleigh set moves forward through a large pitched roof wooden tunnel, like a gate. We pass through a courtyard area, where we see Queen Anna is busy decorating the castle for Elsa’s birthday celebration and singing a new rendition of ‘Making Today A Perfect Day for You’. She is happy to see us as she needs us to spread invitations for the party later tonight and to pick up Elsa from the Enchanted Forest. A last warning though as the journey will not be without danger, that’s why she is sending Kristoff and Sven along to guide us. We exit the castle and pass through the forest. As we approach, a sleigh comes out of the forest with Kristoff driving. He tells us that he’s glad that we’re joining him and that before we go to see Elsa in the Enchanted Forest, we have to pick up Olaf at the Ice Palace in the Northern Mountains.
We continue through the dark forest, first seeing the menacing eyes of wolves in the underbrush. One of them jumps up from a rock, planning to attack us. We then hear, Kristoff yelling ‘Here, doggie. You want some, come and get me!’ and then seeing a projection of Kristoff’s sleigh racing through the trees. This distracts the wolf and we see a pack of them running through the woods. ‘I’ll be right back! You guys head on to Oaken’s Trading Post, it’ll be safe there. Run, Sven, quickly!’. We exit the forest for now and turn to find a clearing where we pass by Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post. Oaken is standing outside and making snowmen humming along to a rendition of ‘Do You Want to Build a Snowman’. He turns around surprised by receiving Guests. Kristoff and Sven appear again and tell him of the invitation to the party, which he accepts with great gratitude. He’ll be right on his way to Arendelle. Kristoff and Sven tell us to follow the path towards the Northern Mountains now so we can pick up Olaf, but that they have to make a stop first. Therefore they get a head-start and leave before us. We leave the trading post behind us and pass through a frozen crystal forest, with icicles hanging around us.
We soon arrive in rocky terrain dotted with steam vents that are powered by volcanic activity. Vegetation, such as moss, is abundant, growing even on the boulders around the area; we arrived in The Valley of the Living Rock. Grand Pabbie recounts the stories of the two sisters from Arendelle to a group of young trolls. Kristoff and Sven are surrounded by other trolls singing a new rendition of ‘Fixer-Upper’. Kristoff notices our arrival and says, ‘Ah, there you are! I thought you guys got lost in the woods for a second. Are you guys ready for the journey to the Northern Mountains? Let’s go!’. To our right, we find a group of trolls pointing out the directions to the Ice Palace and waving us out (‘See you tonight! Good luck on your quest!’). The forest transitions to the snowy rockwork of the mountain and the sleighs ascend a lift towards Elsa’s ice palace. When they reach the top, the doors magically open and Guests see Olaf on a balcony, re-enacting Elsa singing ‘Let it Go’ for the Snowgies. Sven sits on the side with his tongue stuck to a pole, while Kristoff tells Olaf that it’s time to go to the Enchanted Forest and pick up Elsa. The sleigh exits the palace and we encounter Marshmallow who spits out mist. We pass through the mist and go down a slight descent.
We travel through the Arendellean countryside, under the shadow of the Northern Mountains, and pass through another veil of mist. Olaf and Sven direct us to travel over a snowy path and through the standing stones that lead to Northuldra, which is now experiencing winter too (the mysterious voice from ‘Into the Unknown’ guides us into the Enchanted Forest). The sleigh enters Northuldra, passing through the beautiful, idyllic forest at night, where the air elemental Gale makes its presence known, sending blasts of wind around us. Olaf can be seen playing with Gale, blown apart in a flurry. The sleigh continues and passes through the village of the Northuldra, who perform ‘Vuelie’ as we pass by. Yelena welcomes us to the village and then cautions us not to upset the spirits of the first. Our journey continues and we pass by a herd of reindeer. Here, Kristoff and Ryder are singing a new rendition of ‘Reindeers are Better than People’. The call of Ahtohallan is heard again, awakening the curious fire spirit, Bruni who bounces from tree to tree in curiosity (causing the snow on it to melt). One of the trees falls down, diverting our path and sending our sleigh through a cave where we pass by the slumbering Earth giants. Disturbed by our presence, one sends the sleigh into another, darker cave.
Just when it appears we are lost in the caves. Olaf appears with Sven who is holding a lit torch in his mouth. He sings a new rendition of ‘When I Am Older’, making sure that we are not in fear, ‘The Dark Sea’ is just ahead. Sven looks around suspiciously as red glowing eyes appear behind them. Soon we arrive at ‘The Dark Sea’ where the water spirit Nokk, creates a water tunnel so our sleigh is able to pass through. We magically resurface outside Ahtohallan, where a beautiful glacier of memories and music is revealed. As we glide into the glacier, we hear Elsa singing ‘Show Yourself’ through reflections in the ice. Then, with a burst of snow and light, we enter Elsa’s new throne room as protector of The Enchanted Forest, where she continues her magnificent new rendition of ‘Show Yourself’. With a little magic, Elsa sends our sleigh backward through the woods. A projection of Kristoff, Olaf, Sven, and Elsa rushes by on the sides. We miraculously return to Arendelle, where we see the castle with fireworks bursting over top. Lastly, Guests reach the courtyard again where now a party for Elsa is finally taking place and we see characters like the trolls, the Northuldra, Marshmallow and the Snowgies, and Oaken all celebrating along. Anna and Elsa hold hands and sing a rendition of ‘For the First Time in Forever’. The sleigh slows down during this scene and then returns to the Royal Stables where we disembark and are invited to explore the rest of Arendelle.
In the Arendellean village square, we are invited to explore Wandering Oaken’s Emporium. After the events of the first film and the castle gates opening back up, Arendelle returned to being a bustling centre of trade. Therefore, Oaken decided to open up a new business in the village, inviting Guests to find their desired Frozen memorabilia. Not too far away, you’ll find the Kongelig Bakeri og Sjokolade, this bakery and chocolatery will invite you with the warmth of bread ovens and the smell of delicious Scandinavian pastries, bon-bons, and Smorrebrod. In the Arendelle Theatre, Guests will find that a new version of Frozen: A Musical Invitation has moved over from Walt Disney Studios Park and can now be found at Disneyland Park. Now, the show will be more similar to the general Frozen Sing-Along Celebration shows, hosted by the Royal Historians of Arendelle who recount the frosty story of their enchanted kingdom. Through the use of puppetry and projections, the show will come to life and Guests are invited to join in to sing and bring out their magical dance moves that lie dormant in them.

So will you gonna planning for a Roger Rabbit simulator ride aka Toontown Transit at WDSP, the building for the queue will be themed to Union Station based on 1940s that Who Framed Roger Rabbit taken place in late 1940s in Hollywood. There was different names for the simulator ride:
Toontown Trolley
Roger Rabbit's Runaway Trolley
Toontown Transit
Toontown Express
Roger Rabbit's Toontown Transit

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
So will you gonna planning for a Roger Rabbit simulator ride aka Toontown Transit at WDSP, the building for the queue will be themed to Union Station based on 1940s that Who Framed Roger Rabbit taken place in late 1940s in Hollywood. There was different names for the simulator ride:
Toontown Trolley
Roger Rabbit's Runaway Trolley
Toontown Transit
Toontown Express
Roger Rabbit's Toontown Transit
I decided to remove Rogger Rabbit from my plans, he will not be making an appearance due to a lack of relevancy(especially in Europe).

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I decided to remove Rogger Rabbit from my plans, he will not be making an appearance due to a lack of relevancy(especially in Europe).
But what if Who Framed Roger Rabbit was big success in Europe in 1988 and have own sequel in 1992 to biggest hit in Europe, that leads more popular for Roger Rabbit to bring him to Euro Disneyland's second theme park to be opened, Disney-MGM Studios Europe in 1996 for his own land, Maroon Studios / Toontown.

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
But what if Who Framed Roger Rabbit was big success in Europe in 1988 and have own sequel in 1992 to biggest hit in Europe, that leads more popular for Roger Rabbit to bring him to Euro Disneyland's second theme park to be opened, Disney-MGM Studios Europe in 1996 for his own land, Maroon Studios / Toontown.
You should make a thread for that yourself, its not going to be part of my plans.

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
I've tried but I need followers to help me to my project. Roger Rabbit needs his OWN land in WDSP. It's up to you now.
I'm sorry I'm working on this now if I find time in between I might help you out, but in my opinion Roger Rabbit wouldn't realistically help WDSP. It is interesting to consider another timeline where Roger Rabbit would have more of a strong franchise reaching to Europe in terms of popularity, but its not part of this thread. Good luck on your project though.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
I'm sorry I'm working on this now if I find time in between I might help you out, but in my opinion Roger Rabbit wouldn't realistically help WDSP. It is interesting to consider another timeline where Roger Rabbit would have more of a strong franchise reaching to Europe in terms of popularity, but its not part of this thread. Good luck on your project though.
Maybe next thread you can do Roger Rabbit land for DHS in another timeline after this?

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
Chapter 6: Climb to a Land in the Clouds
1664806430833.png

Behind the Grecian world of Hercules, another European country finds its way to Fantasyland in this version of Disneyland Paris. Between Fantasyland and Discoveryland lies a path that will be transformed into a coastal Spanish town. It is here that we will discover the world of Gigantic. Now, this needs some explaining as the movie hasn’t been released nor has it been confirmed that it’s going to be produced at all. In my opinion, Jack and the Beanstalk is a fairy tale that has become a famous folk tale from people all around the world, and seeing the development of Disney’s version of the tale, offers so many interesting opportunities for them to represent the story as well as have influences of Spanish culture and landscaping. Those aspects would fit the more Mediterranean side of Paris’ Fantasyland perfectly. Even though the details about the film are limited and its’ chances to be produced at all are slim, I believe that there’s a good chance that Disney might pick up on it one day again as they did with The Snow Queen/Frozen. I mean the development has sparked a lot of fan-based excitement around it and the film has even made a cameo in Zootopia, making it quite a realistic option for me to consider that Disney might one day pick up with working on it again(at least we can hope and dream that they do). Before we’re able to dig into the themed environment and its attraction though, I’d like to give a rough description of what I imagine the movie to be like.
1664807250610.png
Once upon a time, the Kingdom of Spain was ruled by a prosperous Royal Family though the kingdom lived in dire conditions. In the Kingdom’s countryside, lived a young boy named Jack (Juan) on a farm with his mother and their only cow, Blanca. The kingdom used to be a prosperous and happy kingdom thriving on exploration and finding adventure because they had a magical Golden Harp that was able to keep the kingdom and its people that way. However, one day a giant reached down from the skies and stole it from the people, out of greed and jealousy according to the royals. The humans tried to take back the harp and travel to the land of the giants, killing the one that stole the harp and taking golden eggs to save the prosperity of the kingdom. However, the beanstalk was destroyed by the remaining giants, making sure that humans could never reach their harp again. Ever since then, the Giants have called out storms over the kingdom and has fallen into despair, causing famine. After that, the royals called out a new age of exploration out of chivalry and legacy for the kingdom and in search of food. Jack has always lived on the farm and wishes to explore the world for adventure and to meet people, so once the age of exploration is called out, he sees a chance to leave. His mother, however, tells him that she needs someone to take care of the farm now that most of the people have left the kingdom already.
1664807685557.png
Throughout his youth, Jack’s only friend has been Blanca, but now that the storms have caused so much damage to their farmland, the mother asks him to sell her on the market so that they can survive. Jack struggles to do so and once he goes to the market, he comes in touch with the kingdom’s madman (inspired by Don Quixote) who yells out in joy about the return of the giants, yet he means the windmills on the hills. He is willing to buy Blanca from Jack, but realizing how much the boy struggles with letting her go, he instead lets him keep her and gives him ‘magic beans’ that are supposed to help him and his family. He returns to the farm where his mother receives him in a very upset mood as she sees that Blanca has returned as well. She calls Jack gullible for accepting the beans and tells him that now he will never be able to leave the farm. Jack realizes that he has messed up and throws away the beans. That night, another storm hits the Kingdom. He doesn’t know that this makes the magic beans grow into a huge beanstalk reaching out into the sky. Once he climbs the beanstalk, he finds the land of giants. Here, he meets Inma, an 11-year-old, 60 feet tall giant with a fiery and feisty personality. She has been lonely with her family of Storm Giants, because they treat her as too young and no one has time to play with her, except for her pet goose that lays golden eggs (the giants wish that she would lay actual eggs instead of ‘strange yellow rocks’). These eggs provide a chance for Jack to prove to his mother that he is able to save the farm and their family.
1664807950670.png
When Inma was younger, her mom would always play with her, but unfortunately, she passed away at a young age at the hands of the giants. Despite her family’s hate towards humans, she has always looked down on their world in curiosity in the hope that she would find people that wouldn’t call her too short and maybe even find friends. Inma finds out about Jack and treats him like a living doll. They build up a special relationship despite their differences (especially in size!). Inma insists on Jack showing her his world, causing a humorous sequence of scenes in which Inma tries to play with the miniature human world and Jack trying to hide her. Inspired by the scenes of Gulliver’s Travels, Inma ends up being captured by the humans, forcing Jack to return to the Land of the Giants to ask for the Storm Giants' help. During the rest of the movie’s events, it is revealed that The Storm Giants have resentment towards humans due to the loss of Inma’s mother who once befriended a human. The giants used to look down at the human world with admiration, especially for their technology and sense of adventure. Inma’s mother used to be a strong believer in connecting two worlds and went down to visit their world where she met the mad man who gave the beans to Jack. After that friendship, she gifted him a harp and magical beans so he would be able to visit their world. The harp’s enchanting powers have the power to keep the kingdom prosperous and happy, yet once the rumors of the harp spread around the kingdom, the royal family stole the harp from the madman to keep themselves prosperous.
1664807981265.png
For that reason, Inma’s mother went down to help her friend. However, the royal family treated her as a monster that threatens the country and its prosperity, killing her in cold blood. It is then revealed that the royal family has been lying to their kingdom. The harp was stolen back by the giants, not for prosperity, but to let the giants sleep well after the loss of their mother and wife. It is revealed that the Queen is actually the antagonist and never called out the age of exploration for their nation, but because of her obsession with gold and finding a way to reach the kingdom of the giants for the golden eggs. In the end, the storm giants befriend Jack and help him save Inma from the greedy Queen. From here, they resolve the bond between the humans and the giants and though the humans want to make Jack king, he refuses and instead chooses the madman to become the new monarch, knowing that he has a good heart for both humans and giants. They make a deal that the Storm Giants will offer protection and golden eggs in return for food. It is revealed that the Don Quixote figure was so ashamed about what had happened that he turned crazy after what had happened to his Giant friend and that he kept the beans in the hope that one day he would find someone with a good heart to mend the bond between the humans and the giants. Killing Talia is what caused drought in the land with now no one to control the rain. Inma ends up inheriting that power as she represents the clouds. The giants return The Golden Harp to him and the new king shares its powers with the land. Inma and Jack remain close friends and oftentimes visit one another.
1664808003894.png
Main characters:

Jack

Jack’s mother

Blanca the cow

The Queen of Spain (possibly Isabella de Castilla or a figure inspired by her)

Don Quixote-inspired mad man

Talia (Mother of the Storm Giants, controller of rain and friend of the Don Quixote figure)

Faustus (Father of the Storm Giants, controller of hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones)

Tonad (yielder of tornados by spinning his flail weapon)

Guntur (Lord of Thunder and Lightning, shooting lightning with his bow and arrow)

Nevada (Mistress of blizzards, snow storms and hail)

Polvo (Knight of drought and heatwaves)

The Goose with the Golden Eggs

1664808053817.png
The attraction would be placed outside the berm on the aforementioned path between Fantasyland and Discoveryland. Guests would pass over a path under an enormous beanstalk and the Disneyland Railroad track leading to a small Spanish village façade that hosts the attraction Gigantesque ~ Au Royaume dans le Ciel (Gigantic ~ In the Kingdom of the Sky). This inverted spinning coaster dark ride similar to Arthur ~ The Ride at Europapark will have Guests join Jack on his journey to the Land of the Giants in the Sky as they try to stop a group of bandits from corrupting the Land of the Giants. This means that the attraction’s timeline will take place after the movie’s events. Passing through the queue, Guests will find out that the history of the Kingdom and their bond with the giants. We will also find out that a group of bandits, allies of the former queen, led by Thomaz (inspired by Tom Thumb) have escaped prison and are now on their way to the Land of the Giants to steal their golden eggs, which threatens the bond between humans and giants. Jack invites brave Guests to join him and stop the bandits from doing that. They will make a winding path through the village, and the castle and eventually end up at Jack’s countryside homestead. Here we will reach the loading dock of the attraction themed to the inside of the farm, with its side broken by a huge beanstalk that holds the vehicles of the ride. A large treadmill provides Guests with easy access to the vehicles, which are decorated in green leaves and branches. Above the tunnel where the vehicles are headed hangs a large map of the Land of the Giants. Projections show the presumed journey that Guests will have to take.
1664807349319.png
Once boarded, they’ll pass under the map and fly around in a spiral upwards movement, seemingly climbing up the beanstalk. Halfway through our ascent we will find a figure of Jack who is climbing up the beanstalk and on his way to the Land of the Giants himself. He tells us that we must hurry as the bandits are probably causing havoc. Once we reach the top, we rise out over a grain field and find ourselves in an oversized land in the clouds. After soaring past, we eventually find Inma who greets us and is excited to play with us. She rushes us over to her castle and we enter her nursery where she has set out her dolls for a tea party. The vehicles circle the room in a slowly descending spiral. An enormous Inma figure moves around and sings a new rendition of her ‘Little Man’ song. Jack, however, interrupts her and lets her know that it’s not the time for games right now. She needs to bring us to her pet goose. We fly out of the Nursery and soar through the oversized sets of the castle and rush into the goose’s room. We spot a giant nest made out of human hair. Inside we spot Thomaz and the bandits trying to capture the golden eggs. As we fly by, we are surprised by the giant goose who mistakes us for the bandits and lunges out at us. We are urged into another room where we are soon discovered by the Storm Giants, who assume that we are bandits trying to steal from them.
1664808123500.png
This sends the vehicles on a series of escapes from the Storm Giants and their powers, simulated by the course of the track and added special effects like wind, temperature changes, and screens. One of these includes flying by a gigantic figure of Tonad who sends us in a swirling descent, signifying getting caught up in a powerful tornado. The vehicles rush through oversized pieces of furniture and cracks in the wall to be able to dodge these storms and their attempts to grab the vehicles (soaring past a moving hand or an eye lurking through a crack in the wall). The Giants are soon stopped by Inma and Jack who come rushing in to explain that we are not the evil that they were warned about. The rest of the ride will send us on a quest through The Land of the Giants to find Thomaz and his fellow bandits from leaving with the golden eggs, all the while getting caught up in the clumsy giants getting tricked by them, sending us and Jack in a swirl of chaos. We find out that not only do the bandits want to steal the eggs, but they’re also trying to lure the Goose himself down so they will have endless access to the golden eggs. In the end, we pass by a scene in which all seems lost, but at the last minute, Inma manages to save the day by capturing the bandits in a glass bottle, shaking them around, and childishly punishing them. From here, Guests are thanked by the Giants and sent back down another spiral past a beanstalk while we can see Jack waving at the Giants up in the clouds who are looking down and waving at us.
1664808303934.png
The vehicles return to the countryside homestead where the last figure of Jack and Blanca can be seen before reaching the unloading dock. Here, the hero himself will thank us for joining him and successfully stopping the bandits from stealing the golden eggs. The attraction will be Disneyland’s Park equivalent of Ratatouille: The Ride but will offer a completely different experience through its ride system, physical sets, and special effects. Exiting the farm, allows Guests to explore the rest of the Spanish town square (in the middle of which is a beautiful golden statue of Jack and Inma (not in full-scale but still signifying their difference in size)), where they’ll be able to explore La Tapaseria, a small sit-down buffet service restaurant, where Guests can choose from a variety of Spanish tapas dishes. In the restaurant, they’ll find a fountain based on The Golden Harp from the movie which will provide an enchanting soundtrack and from time to time bring the jumping fountains around her to live with her song. Therefore the area will offer a piece of Spanish culture and base itself around the exciting world of Gigantic. Even though I realize that this is a limited description, I wanted to leave pieces open for your own imagination (simply because I don't have enough material to base the work on right now). I did really want to take the opportunity to show that the franchise could definitely work out really well within Paris' Fantasyland. Hopefully, one day the movie starts production and development again so it might actually have a chance of making it into the parks.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
View attachment 670732

Behind the Grecian world of Hercules, another European country finds its way to Fantasyland in this version of Disneyland Paris. Between Fantasyland and Discoveryland lies a path that will be transformed into a coastal Spanish town. It is here that we will discover the world of Gigantic. Now, this needs some explaining as the movie hasn’t been released nor has it been confirmed that it’s going to be produced at all. In my opinion, Jack and the Beanstalk is a fairy tale that has become a famous folk tale from people all around the world, and seeing the development of Disney’s version of the tale, offers so many interesting opportunities for them to represent the story as well as have influences of Spanish culture and landscaping. Those aspects would fit the more Mediterranean side of Paris’ Fantasyland perfectly. Even though the details about the film are limited and its’ chances to be produced at all are slim, I believe that there’s a good chance that Disney might pick up on it one day again as they did with The Snow Queen/Frozen. I mean the development has sparked a lot of fan-based excitement around it and the film has even made a cameo in Zootopia, making it quite a realistic option for me to consider that Disney might one day pick up with working on it again(at least we can hope and dream that they do). Before we’re able to dig into the themed environment and its attraction though, I’d like to give a rough description of what I imagine the movie to be like.
Once upon a time, the Kingdom of Spain was ruled by a prosperous Royal Family though the kingdom lived in dire conditions. In the Kingdom’s countryside, lived a young boy named Jack (Juan) on a farm with his mother and their only cow, Blanca. The kingdom used to be a prosperous and happy kingdom thriving on exploration and finding adventure because they had a magical Golden Harp that was able to keep the kingdom and its people that way. However, one day a giant reached down from the skies and stole it from the people, out of greed and jealousy according to the royals. The humans tried to take back the harp and travel to the land of the giants, killing the one that stole the harp and taking golden eggs to save the prosperity of the kingdom. However, the beanstalk was destroyed by the remaining giants, making sure that humans could never reach their harp again. Ever since then, the Giants have called out storms over the kingdom and has fallen into despair, causing famine. After that, the royals called out a new age of exploration out of chivalry and legacy for the kingdom and in search of food. Jack has always lived on the farm and wishes to explore the world for adventure and to meet people, so once the age of exploration is called out, he sees a chance to leave. His mother, however, tells him that she needs someone to take care of the farm now that most of the people have left the kingdom already.
Throughout his youth, Jack’s only friend has been Blanca, but now that the storms have caused so much damage to their farmland, the mother asks him to sell her on the market so that they can survive. Jack struggles to do so and once he goes to the market, he comes in touch with the kingdom’s madman (inspired by Don Quixote) who yells out in joy about the return of the giants, yet he means the windmills on the hills. He is willing to buy Blanca from Jack, but realizing how much the boy struggles with letting her go, he instead lets him keep her and gives him ‘magic beans’ that are supposed to help him and his family. He returns to the farm where his mother receives him in a very upset mood as she sees that Blanca has returned as well. She calls Jack gullible for accepting the beans and tells him that now he will never be able to leave the farm. Jack realizes that he has messed up and throws away the beans. That night, another storm hits the Kingdom. He doesn’t know that this makes the magic beans grow into a huge beanstalk reaching out into the sky. Once he climbs the beanstalk, he finds the land of giants. Here, he meets Inma, an 11-year-old, 60 feet tall giant with a fiery and feisty personality. She has been lonely with her family of Storm Giants, because they treat her as too young and no one has time to play with her, except for her pet goose that lays golden eggs (the giants wish that she would lay actual eggs instead of ‘strange yellow rocks’). These eggs provide a chance for Jack to prove to his mother that he is able to save the farm and their family.
When Inma was younger, her mom would always play with her, but unfortunately, she passed away at a young age at the hands of the giants. Despite her family’s hate towards humans, she has always looked down on their world in curiosity in the hope that she would find people that wouldn’t call her too short and maybe even find friends. Inma finds out about Jack and treats him like a living doll. They build up a special relationship despite their differences (especially in size!). Inma insists on Jack showing her his world, causing a humorous sequence of scenes in which Inma tries to play with the miniature human world and Jack trying to hide her. Inspired by the scenes of Gulliver’s Travels, Inma ends up being captured by the humans, forcing Jack to return to the Land of the Giants to ask for the Storm Giants' help. During the rest of the movie’s events, it is revealed that The Storm Giants have resentment towards humans due to the loss of Inma’s mother who once befriended a human. The giants used to look down at the human world with admiration, especially for their technology and sense of adventure. Inma’s mother used to be a strong believer in connecting two worlds and went down to visit their world where she met the mad man who gave the beans to Jack. After that friendship, she gifted him a harp and magical beans so he would be able to visit their world. The harp’s enchanting powers have the power to keep the kingdom prosperous and happy, yet once the rumors of the harp spread around the kingdom, the royal family stole the harp from the madman to keep themselves prosperous.
For that reason, Inma’s mother went down to help her friend. However, the royal family treated her as a monster that threatens the country and its prosperity, killing her in cold blood. It is then revealed that the royal family has been lying to their kingdom. The harp was stolen back by the giants, not for prosperity, but to let the giants sleep well after the loss of their mother and wife. It is revealed that the Queen is actually the antagonist and never called out the age of exploration for their nation, but because of her obsession with gold and finding a way to reach the kingdom of the giants for the golden eggs. In the end, the storm giants befriend Jack and help him save Inma from the greedy Queen. From here, they resolve the bond between the humans and the giants and though the humans want to make Jack king, he refuses and instead chooses the madman to become the new monarch, knowing that he has a good heart for both humans and giants. They make a deal that the Storm Giants will offer protection and golden eggs in return for food. It is revealed that the Don Quixote figure was so ashamed about what had happened that he turned crazy after what had happened to his Giant friend and that he kept the beans in the hope that one day he would find someone with a good heart to mend the bond between the humans and the giants. Killing Talia is what caused drought in the land with now no one to control the rain. Inma ends up inheriting that power as she represents the clouds. The giants return The Golden Harp to him and the new king shares its powers with the land. Inma and Jack remain close friends and oftentimes visit one another.
Main characters:

Jack

Jack’s mother

Blanca the cow

Talia (Mother of the Storm Giants, controller of rain and friend of the Don Quixote figure)

Faustus (Father of the Storm Giants, controller of hurricanes/typhoons/cyclones)

Guntur (Lord of Thunder and Lightning, shooting lightning with his bow and arrow)

Polvo (Knight of dust, sand and fire storms)

The attraction would be placed outside the berm on the aforementioned path between Fantasyland and Discoveryland. Guests would pass over a path under an enormous beanstalk and the Disneyland Railroad track leading to a small Spanish village façade that hosts the attraction Gigantesque ~ Au Royaume dans le Ciel (Gigantic ~ In the Kingdom of the Sky). This inverted spinning coaster dark ride similar to Arthur ~ The Ride at Europapark will have Guests join Jack on his journey to the Land of the Giants in the Sky as they try to stop a group of bandits from corrupting the Land of the Giants. This means that the attraction’s timeline will take place after the movie’s events. Passing through the queue, Guests will find out that the history of the Kingdom and their bond with the giants. We will also find out that a group of bandits, allies of the former queen, led by Thomaz (inspired by Tom Thumb) have escaped prison and are now on their way to the Land of the Giants to steal their golden eggs, which threatens the bond between humans and giants. Jack invites brave Guests to join him and stop the bandits from doing that. They will make a winding path through the village, and the castle and eventually end up at Jack’s countryside homestead. Here we will reach the loading dock of the attraction themed to the inside of the farm, with its side broken by a huge beanstalk that holds the vehicles of the ride. A large treadmill provides Guests with easy access to the vehicles, which are decorated in green leaves and branches. Above the tunnel where the vehicles are headed hangs a large map of the Land of the Giants. Projections show the presumed journey that Guests will have to take.
Once boarded, they’ll pass under the map and fly around in a spiral upwards movement, seemingly climbing up the beanstalk. Halfway through our ascent we will find a figure of Jack who is climbing up the beanstalk and on his way to the Land of the Giants himself. He tells us that we must hurry as the bandits are probably causing havoc. Once we reach the top, we rise out over a grain field and find ourselves in an oversized land in the clouds. After soaring past, we eventually find Inma who greets us and is excited to play with us. She rushes us over to her castle and we enter her nursery where she has set out her dolls for a tea party. The vehicles circle the room in a slowly descending spiral. An enormous Inma figure moves around and sings a new rendition of her ‘Little Man’ song. Jack, however, interrupts her and lets her know that it’s not the time for games right now. She needs to bring us to her pet goose. We fly out of the Nursery and soar through the oversized sets of the castle and rush into the goose’s room. We spot a giant nest made out of human hair. Inside we spot Thomaz and the bandits trying to capture the golden eggs. As we fly by, we are surprised by the giant goose who mistakes us for the bandits and lunges out at us. We are urged into another room where we are soon discovered by the Storm Giants, who assume that we are bandits trying to steal from them.
This sends the vehicles on a series of escapes from the Storm Giants and their powers, simulated by the course of the track and added special effects like wind, temperature changes, and screens. One of these includes flying by a gigantic figure of Tonad who sends us in a swirling descent, signifying getting caught up in a powerful tornado. The vehicles rush through oversized pieces of furniture and cracks in the wall to be able to dodge these storms and their attempts to grab the vehicles (soaring past a moving hand or an eye lurking through a crack in the wall). The Giants are soon stopped by Inma and Jack who come rushing in to explain that we are not the evil that they were warned about. The rest of the ride will send us on a quest through The Land of the Giants to find Thomaz and his fellow bandits from leaving with the golden eggs, all the while getting caught up in the clumsy giants getting tricked by them, sending us and Jack in a swirl of chaos. We find out that not only do the bandits want to steal the eggs, but they’re also trying to lure the Goose himself down so they will have endless access to the golden eggs. In the end, we pass by a scene in which all seems lost, but at the last minute, Inma manages to save the day by capturing the bandits in a glass bottle, shaking them around, and childishly punishing them. From here, Guests are thanked by the Giants and sent back down another spiral past a beanstalk while we can see Jack waving at the Giants up in the clouds who are looking down and waving at us.
The vehicles return to the countryside homestead where the last figure of Jack and Blanca can be seen before reaching the unloading dock. Here, the hero himself will thank us for joining him and successfully stopping the bandits from stealing the golden eggs. The attraction will be Disneyland’s Park equivalent of Ratatouille: The Ride but will offer a completely different experience through its ride system, physical sets, and special effects. Exiting the farm, allows Guests to explore the rest of the Spanish town square (in the middle of which is a beautiful golden statue of Jack and Inma (not in full-scale but still signifying their difference in size)), where they’ll be able to explore La Tapaseria, a small sit-down buffet service restaurant, where Guests can choose from a variety of Spanish tapas dishes. In the restaurant, they’ll find a fountain based on The Golden Harp from the movie which will provide an enchanting soundtrack and from time to time bring the jumping fountains around her to live with her song. Therefore the area will offer a piece of Spanish culture and base itself around the exciting world of Gigantic. Even though I realize that this is a limited description, I wanted to leave pieces open for your own imagination (simply because I don't have enough material to base the work on right now). I did really want to take the opportunity to show that the franchise could definitely work out really well within Paris' Fantasyland. Hopefully, one day the movie starts production and development again so it might actually have a chance of making it into the parks.

I'm still wanting a Roger Rabbit simulator attraction in WDSP so badly now. Why you'll promise to have his own land or attraction. I'd like to see Roger Rabbit's Hollywood with separated lands: Maroon Studios and Toontown with some attractions based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit if the movie was so popular in Europe in another timeline, and the movie earns a sequel in 1992.

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
I'm still wanting a Roger Rabbit simulator attraction in WDSP so badly now. Why you'll promise to have his own land or attraction. I'd like to see Roger Rabbit's Hollywood with separated lands: Maroon Studios and Toontown with some attractions based on Who Framed Roger Rabbit if the movie was so popular in Europe in another timeline, and the movie earns a sequel in 1992.
Told you before and I will say it again: this thread is not based on an alternative timeline and will not include Roger Rabbit. I have no interest in working on anything Roger Rabbit-related right now and you should stop trying to force those ideas over and over again into other people's projects... I love that you feel passion about those ideas, but you should try to put more effort in creating what you would like to see in your own threads or find open brainstorm threads that would include the direction you want to go in. This will be the last time I have something to say about it, from now on I will simply ignore further requests on including Roger Rabbit if it is not relevant for my projects. I hope you understand that.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
Told you before and I will say it again: this thread is not based on an alternative timeline and will not include Roger Rabbit. I have no interest in working on anything Roger Rabbit-related right now and you should stop trying to force those ideas over and over again into other people's projects... I love that you feel passion about those ideas, but you should try to put more effort in creating what you would like to see in your own threads or find open brainstorm threads that would include the direction you want to go in. This will be the last time I have something to say about it, from now on I will simply ignore further requests on including Roger Rabbit if it is not relevant for my projects. I hope you understand that.
Maybe next time you can do alternative timeline for Disney parks in the future after you're done your project?

HomeImagineer

View attachment 670732

Main characters:

Jack

Jack’s mother

Blanca the cow

Polvo (Knight of dust, sand and fire storms)

That is so cool, i wish if u can make a drawing plan of those attractions in one pic just to know what those attractions u explain would be in & how big these attractions would be like

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
Chapter 7: A Tale as Old as Time
1664871938346.png

The last addition that I would opt for expansion in Fantasyland is the current area that is decorated in greenery between Sir Mickey’s and Fantasia Gelati. During the design process of Disneyland Paris, Imagineers thought of options which would one day be part of a second phase expansion of the parks. One of these attractions would have replaced the concept of having an Enchanted Tiki Room in the park and would have been based on Beauty and the Beast. Now this is what I believe is a perfect story to bring over to Disneyland Paris, especially with the movie’s depiction of the French countryside and inspirations of the country’s culture. Personally, I’m a big fan of selecting certain franchises based on the location of the resort and its audience. In a similar way as Imagineers designed Shanghai Disneyland, Disneyland Paris is a perfect home to stories like Ratatouille, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella and rounding that off with something Le Chateau Magique de la Belle et la Bete would add onto this list of location-specific franchises finding its place here.
1664871996861.png
What will be very interesting in terms of the attraction’s façade is that it doesn’t directly recreate the Beast’s castle, yet it provides a form of clear and clever visual storytelling to give Guests a hint of what lies ahead. The show building’s theming will feature two contrasting sides; one side closer to the entrance of the attraction will be dark, foreboding and mysterious, surrounded by crooked black trees. Thorn thickets grow up against the walls and we near a wooden door above which a metal beastly face intimidatingly looks down on Guests entering the foreboding fortress. Above that a stained glass window features an image of an enchanting rose. This glass window will be in the center of two spires in which on one side we see the silhouette of the Beast, while on the other the silhouette of Belle appears. The rest of the façade features scary and monstrous gargoyles that line the walls, as well as two figures with red-glowing eyes that hold lanterns next to the wooden doors. The other side, near the attraction’s exit, changes out its dark color palette and instead depicts a light, ornate and fairytale-esque version of the building. These two sides of the building would represent the Beast’s Enchanted castle during and after the curse put on it by The Enchantress.
1664872065450.png
Entering the castle would lead Guests into an octagonal room, somewhat similar to the Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor’s stretching room. Instead of the room having no windows and no doors to escape through however, we will find ourselves in front of stained glass windows (or so it seems). The upper cupola of the room is lined by gargoyle-like figures holding candles and looking down at Guests with a dark grin. Additionally, the upper level features a stone terrace with arches and two balconies facing one another. Once everyone is inside, the doors suddenly change and the stained glass windows become animated as a narrator tells the story of the Beast’s enchantment. As the story ends, an animatronic of the Beast emerges from one of the aforementioned balconies, letting out a loud roar at Guests who have ‘trespassed’. Soon, a figure of Belle comes in from the other balcony holding a lantern, asking the Beast to leave Guests alone and step into the light. The Beast wants Belle to join for dinner, but she refuses if the Guests aren’t allowed to join. The Beast angrily refuses and lets out a second roar. After Belle is frightened by the Beast’s appearance and leaves the room, the Beast looks lonely, angrily roars again for a last time and then disappears. The doors open while we hear the disembodied voice of Lumiere inviting us into the next room anyway as he believes his master will change his mind later on and we enter a much larger room, themed to the Beast’s castle. Guests will find a seat on one of three sides of the room looking onto a grand staircase, windows looking out over the Castle gardens, a doorway, fireplace and table.
1664872094807.png
From here, the Guests will follow Belle’s experiences in her prison castle. The show will be presented through sets and characters rising and appearing out from the show areas to represent scenes from Beauty and the Beast in a somewhat similar way to ‘The American Adventure’ at Walt Disney World’s Epcot, but in a more immersive and dynamic way in style of The Enchanted Tiki Room all around you. Posing as your guides during the main show will be animatronic figures of Lumiere, Cogsworth and Mrs. Potts. Lumiere appears first on a mantel and conducts dishes and pieces of furniture to dance and sing to ‘Be Our Guest’. As the catchy music plays and dazzling light lit up the room, Guests will be surrounded by twirling plates, singling candlesticks and dancing cutlery all around them. As the Guests witness the show sequence, the room becomes more and more enchanted as it acquires more elements as the song builds to its finale. Mrs. Potts whirls her way around the floorspace on a rickety tea trolley, while a spinning chandelier descends from the ceiling and a variety of French dishes and a giant, delicious looking cake rises from the floor.
1664872212363.png
Next, Cogsworth will continue the story as he tells of how Belle and the Beast grew closer and close. Guests’ attention will be focused on the windows, where we see that snowy weather is taking over. An instrumental rendition of ‘Something There’ starts playing and we see various portraits and statues lighting up in the main show room representing Belle and the Beast’s romantic moments while having dinner, out in the snow feeding birds, showing the library etc. This would lead into an upbeat waltz performed by Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs Potts and The Wardrobe who sing ‘Human Again’. As opposed to Be Our Guest, we now see enchanted cleaning objects who are preparing for Belle and the Beast to fall in love so they can finally return to how it was before. The last sequence of the show features Mrs. Potts as the host as she tells of how they ended up falling in love, while a rendition of Beauty and the Beast plays in the background. The atmosphere soon changes as she tells of Gaston and how he convinced the towns people of the Beast being a monster and a threat to the town. As she tells this, the room comes to life and outside we see flaming torches and spears pass by, as shadows pass through the room of an angry towns mob. An instrumental rendition of ‘The Mob Song’ is playing in the background.
1664872146304.png
However, it is quickly interrupted by a giant animatronic recreation of the Beast emerging from the central stage in the room. He roars loudly after his castle was attacked. A figure of Belle appears on the stairway and asks a cast member to choose a lucky child from the audience to present a rose to the Beast, who, with a single tear falling from his eye, remembers to love again, lifting the curse. With flashing lights, the Beast descends beneath the stage and the room transforms into a lighter, fairy tale version of the castle, through projection effects similar to the ones seen in the foyer in Phantom Manor and the effects in Enchanted Tale of Beauty and the Beast at Tokyo Disneyland. The figure of the Beast is soon replaced by Belle and the Prince in their ballroom attire, with the human forms of the servants appearing on the stairway and singing ‘Beauty and the Beast’, the grand finale of the show. Guests are then asked to leave the main show room and as they exit they pass by a restored enchanted rose held in a glass covering with a stained glass image from the film representing their happy ending above it. Now that Gigantic could possibly find its way to the park, I have opted for different ideas for Sir Mickey’s who also represents a version of Jack and the Beanstalk. It could instead represent other Mickey Mouse fairy tales such as The Brave Little Tailor, The Prince and the Pauper, Through the Looking Glass or Ye Olden Days. Otherwise, with the addition of Beauty and the Beast making its way to Fantasyland it could be transformed into Maurice’s Workshop, a shop themed around his cottage and inventions or Lumiere’s Patisserie, a quick service dining option for sweet pastries and bread goods (try the grey stuff it’s delicious!).

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
Chapter 8: Make Way for Prince Ali!
1664961418527.png

Adventureland is where Walt Disney’s fascination for the natural world and exotic adventures come to life. Nature reigns here and its abundance of luxuriant vegetation transports us to exotic climes and promises us a thousand and one fascinating tales in the sunny Middle East and Central Africa, in tropical islands hiding treasures, and in the mysterious jungles of ancient India. The architecture of Paris’ Adventureland is equally diverse. Adventureland Bazaar is inspired by the medinas of Marrakech and Fez, which serves as the opening gateway for the land. It combines architectural, cinematographic, and literary references. Its portal is inspired by Bab Bouljoud, the ‘blue door’ of the medina in Fez, Morocco. But the Imagineers added colourful domes whose rounded shapes are more reminiscent of a cartoon world. The frescoes and weathervanes that adorn the buildings are a direct reference to ‘Tales of a Thousand and One Nights’. Within the area, we find a walkthrough attraction, ‘Le Passage Enchante d’Aladdin’, where Guests wander past miniature scenes of Agrabah’s city and which re-tell Aladdin’s story. It was built shortly after Aladdin’s release in France in 1993 and served as a way to expand the park without too much cost, as the park was facing financial struggles already.
1664961864296.png
At Walt Disney Studios Park, Guests are able to explore the world of Aladdin as well by boarding a magical flying carpet and soaring over the sights of Agrabah and its surrounding deserts. However, if you think about it, it would be much more logical to have these attractions closer to one another. That’s why I decided it would be an interesting opportunity for Disney to add Les Tapis Volants d’Aladdin at the Studios’ Toon Studio to Disneyland Park’s Adventureland. The space that currently hosts a meet and greet area for King Louie and Baloo the Bear from Jungle Book, right between the Bazaar and the Hakuna Matata Restaurant would be transformed into an expansion of the Arabian Bazaar. The passage walkthrough attraction would be partially re-routed to form the queue for the attraction. The last miniature diorama serves as the perfect transition to the flying carpets spinner; it features Aladdin and Jasmine flying over Agrabah on their flying carpet, under a star-filled sky, and the Genie in the shape of a smiling moon. The scene highlights the song ‘A Whole New World’ or Ce Reve Bleu in French.
1664961644249.png
The attraction itself will remain quite the same in its core theming; it still features a central golden spire topped off by the enchanted Genie lamp, from which mysterious smoke appears during the ride’s duration. Around the attraction, Guests will wind through a series of Bedouin tents. The ride’s references to anything related to movie-making are removed and instead, the backdrop is now based on an expansion of more dimensional buildings reminiscent of the depictions in the Aladdin movie. It faces towards Adventure Isle and right in front the scenery features the golden statues of spitting camels that were originally part of the parade float in Aladdin’s Royal Caravan Parade (which are currently found at the Magic Kingdom, but I believe the attraction serves no real function at that park’s Adventureland and thus it would be more logical to remove it and move the statues to Paris’ version of the attraction). Once boarded, Guests will take a magical ride above the bustling bazaar aboard their very own enchanted carpet that you control. Climb aboard a colorful 4-passenger vehicle and take off into the air as the strings of Middle Eastern music play around you. If you’re seated in the front row, direct the pitch or height of your flight by moving an edge lever up or down. If you’re sitting in the back row, pressing a magic beetle will cause your magic carpet to swing forward or backward.
1664961930403.png
The nearby Hakuna Matata Restaurant will be transformed back into Aux Epices Enchantees (With Enchanted Spices). It is the main building of the African part of Adventureland and features many African artifacts in the setting of a peaceful jungle. The restaurant serves original meals inspired by African, Asian, and West Indian cuisine. The Hakuna Matata Restaurant itself might be a loss for Adventureland, but it will be featured somewhere else later on… Located nearby in the same land is Colonel Hathi’s Pizza Outpost, a restaurant serving pizza, pasta, and salads in a fun atmosphere. With its terrace and large indoor room, the establishment takes its name from the famous character in Disney’s Jungle Book but makes no other reference to it. Therefore I’ve decided to return its former theme and name, The Explorers Club, with a theme forming a tribute to the explorers of the past. It will now be themed to the Society of Explorers and Adventurers, made popular through their appearance at Tokyo DisneySea. This secret society was founded in 16th Century Italy and brings together explorers, travelers, adventurers, scientists, and other researchers and artists. Among its members, we can find Indiana Jones, Christopher Columbus, Marco Polo, and many others. Inside the restaurant will receive enchanting talking birds offering a piece of what was originally planned for the restaurant in order to make up for the loss of The Enchanted Tiki Room. It could even add a new member of the society to create an extra storyline for the restaurant and its wildlife (maybe some sort of florist and bird-researcher could serve as the host, inviting Guests to his jungle outpost for delicious meals in an enchanting environment). It would serve as the perfect transition to the Indiana Jones area just beyond.
1664961997815.png

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Oooooo the Gigantic Land sounds awesome. It could be like "Toy Story Land" and "A Bugs Land", where normal everyday objects are huge.

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
Chapter 9: New Adventures Discovered in the Ancient Jungles of India
1665671359010.png

October 3rd, 1942

An ancient temple and a lost remote tribe have recently been discovered in the jungles of Central India. It is believed to be the fabled Temple of the Naga, a divine race of half-human, half-serpent beings that reside in the netherworld. As translated by researchers that communicated with the tribe, they are described as snake-like in form, you don’t want to get bit, and they can cast spells; that’s about all that they share in common. They aren’t all evil, as a couple of good-aligned serpents exist and grant good fortune and even one that embraces neutrality. The rest, however, are believed to have turned to complete darkness and are seen as tormentors of humans with acidic poison and evil spells. The temple was used as a shrine to worship these creatures as they were believed to reside in a realm filled with gems, gold, and other earthly treasures. Legends say that anyone worthy enough to reach the heart of the temple will be met with vast amounts of riches. However, those who are impure and merely take a look at their eyes will be permanently charmed and taken to their dark underworld. Rumors of supernatural phenomena and chambers filled with gold have lured both scientists and treasure hunters to the site. World-famous archaeologist, Indiana Jones, has ventured into the temple alone to solve the mystery of their disappearances. It has been two weeks since Dr. Jones set foot inside the temple, but no one has heard from him ever since. Has he been taken to the underworld by the demons guarding the temple’s secrets? Do you dare to brave the curse in order to rescue Dr. Jones and the others?

1665671443745.png
Nearing Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril, Guests will find that the area has been completely transformed and a mysterious temple structure built into a mountainous jungle landscape emerges in the backdrop of the area. The queue begins outside, winding past a troop transport truck that seems to have been unloading crates and expedition gear. One of the crates holds the attraction’s marquee (Indiana Jones et le Temple de Naga). From here we pass through a dark, lush jungle environment, nearing the mountain in the back. Within this part of the queue, we pass by the lost remote tribal village who have welcomed researchers to their grounds to solve the mysteries around their temple. Guests pass through several house structures where some of these researchers have laid out the news of the discovery of the temple and its many legends, therefore revealing some of the backstories of the ride. Throughout the outdoor queue, Guests can hear a radio playing old 1940s tunes, as well as radio broadcasts further clarifying the story in French, English, German and Spanish. Guests also walk by a noisy steam-powered engine/generator set-piece, which appears to power the lights strung deep into the temple. In one of the last house structures, we pass by a theatre where a shadow play reveals the ancient legends of the nagas. From here, much of the queue will wind through the temple itself.
1665671643720.png
Throughout the bowels of the temple, petroglyphs warn temple visitors of the rewards and perils that can be found further within. We wind through dark crumbling tunnels, past painted murals and stone statues, partially passing through the ominous caverns of the mountain the temple was built into. In one of these caves we pass by the skeletal remains of a mysterious snake-like creature; could this be one of the mythical nagas? The queue also contains several interactive features. In the spike room, the ceiling appears to be retained by several upright bamboo poles. When the key supporting pole is pushed, Guests are startled by the sounds of the ceiling dropping as the spikes begin to descend slowly toward them. In the next area, large stone blocks released from the ceiling are barely kept in place by wooden wedges and supports. We wind through a path where many skulls line the walls and figures/idols of the natives' beliefs lie. Guests then enter an altar-like chamber where a shamaness is performing a ritual and warning Guests that they are passing over sacred grounds and are not safe from the wrath of the Shadow Naga. This room will be set up similarly to the Grand Hall in the Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull attraction at Tokyo DisneySea. Due to the narrative of the attraction being revealed throughout the majority of the queue, Guests will mostly receive safety instructions through a projected video segment near the end before the loading dock.
1665671967529.png
At the loading area, Guests board the troop transport. After a quick seatbelt check and a radio announcement warning, the transport moves forward into a dark cave, where murals on the wall magically come to life guiding us to turn a corner into a hall with several entrances. It seems as if it’s a moving labyrinth. Nearing the entrances will magically stop the moving walls and doors, highlighting a specific door in glowing light. The doors open and the passengers enter a treasury dedicated to the Naga. The jeep moves into the room where there is a treasure on the left and right sides of the car and a statue dedicated to a naga in front of us. Its’ majestic appearance is soon changed into a monstrous being. The entire room itself changes with it as the eyes of the Naga open and inevitably causing someone to look into them. The treasures turn to rusted and worthless goods, the walls appear to be crumbling and skeletal soldiers appear in front of the treasure. The idol lures us into the netherworld, by creating a dimensional door. The transport appears to head toward an exit, but it's quickly blocked by crumbling boulders. The jeep makes a sharp turn into a large crumbling corridor. Lightning flashes along the walls, illuminating large naga statues overhead as the transport seems to float through the room towards the Dimensional Doors, pulsating with mysterious purple mist. We then see a figure of Indiana Jones on the side warning the riders: ‘Are you insane?! Why did you look into the eyes of the Naga? Get out of here!’ Before he can finish the Naga reappears (‘Silence, your souls are mine!’) and battles Indiana Jones who uses a torch to defend himself.
1665672146560.png
The gates swing open and we are immersed in the blast of purple smoke. As we careen along the narrow cave road, our car comes perilously close to the crusty edges. Below us is a teeming river of lava eating away the cave’s interior. Suddenly (just when you thought your knuckles couldn’t get any whiter!) our car lurches upon its’ side, nearly casting us to certain death! Another transport is seen attempting to cross a rickety rope bridge that spans the pit under the crumbling ceiling. On the far side of the cavern, there is a giant stone Naga face, the left half of which has eroded in such a way that it resembles a half-serpentine, half-human, ‘lava’ occasionally pouring out of its mouth into the pool below. A red ray of light shoots out of the broken eye and causes flames to erupt from where the beam hits. The transport turns left and enters a dark hallway of false pathways lined with skeletal soldiers, some of which pop out toward the Guests. A fierce blast of wind blows toward Guests. Suddenly, all is dark; the music tinkles with chaotic violin pizzicatos. The transport’s headlights flicker back on, illuminating walls swarming with slithering snakes. Hissing sounds are heard, and adventurers are blasted with puffs of air. The transport finally heads out of the darkness and onto the bridge which spans the pit. It stalls for a moment as another oncoming transport can be seen about to cross the bridge, which turns away just before reaching the bridge. The jeep then accelerates across the bridge which sways and jostles under its weight. The massive stone face of the Naga shoots beams from its eye at the bridge, attempting to destroy it. The transport makes it safely across and then careens to the right.
1665672194346.png
Here, we pass through a dark cavern filled with skeletal remains. A large audio-animatronic Naga appears to the right of the vehicle, striking at the riders. The transport heads back to return across the rope bridge and flashes its headlights at an oncoming transport about to cross. The transport turns sharply to the right entering behind the giant stone carving of the Naga’s face. It slides past human skulls which decorate the walls, as the spirits of souls fly around the walls. Turning left, out of the massive stone effigy, the transport continues downward, crossing a collapsing stone bridge beside the glowing lava, and passing under the rope bridge. The vehicle shudders and stalls and is heard being restarted before continuing toward a hanging tree root. As the transport nears the root, many rats are seen climbing across it and falling off into the car when another burst of speed sends the car through the tree root, which vaporizes like mist. The transport careens through a dimly lit tunnel with paintings of spear-wielding skeletal warriors adorning the walls. Each warrior’s mouth supports a blowgun within. Blasts of air whoosh past adventurers and launching darts are heard striking the transport as it rolls over the trigger stones between the skeletal warriors, as though the tourists have set off booby traps. At the end of the hallway, a large stone face blows a puff of presumably poisonous venom at them. The transport then approaches a dark area and stops. Indiana Jones suddenly appears above the vehicle hanging on a rope in a shaft of light. He welcomes the adventurers’ rescue and bids them turn on the headlights and prepare for him to board. As the lights flicker on, they illuminate a gigantic figure of Naga nearing the transport. The transport seems to back up as the Naga lunches at Jones and the riders. At the last possible second, the transport is picked up by a Garuda, the eternal enemy of the Nagas who attacks the Naga and sends us into a chamber below. An impact resonates through the chamber as if the tunnel is caving in and nearly striking the jeep.
1665672258625.png
The transport plunges down into darkness and swerves right to see Jones standing on top of a pile of treasure. An exhausted-looking Dr. Jones wipes his forehead, swings his coiled whip, and says: ‘Not bad, for rookies!’, ‘There! That wasn’t so bad, was it?’, ‘Next time, you’re on your own.’, ‘Next time, you wear blindfolds, okay?’, ‘Don’t tell me that wasn’t big fun!’ or ‘Snakes, why’d it have to be snakes?’. A final triumphant refrain of the music ushers Guests back into the station. While waiting to disembark, we are met by the last safety spiel and are then led back into the Indiana Jones area of Adventureland. Now, with a new temple entering the area, Temple du Peril has become quite redundant and thus I have decided to give the nearby ride a re-theme and overhaul (Esprits du Peril). Instead of a temple, the ride will take Guests through the ruins of an ancient ceremonial site and its depictions of ancient buildings in the mountainous region of India. The queue of the attraction wanders through an abandoned base camp, meandering toward the ruins where Guests climb a staircase to the ceremonial site entrance. Inside, Guests board a mine car. Added to the queue, will be a scene featuring baby tigers causing havoc in the basecamp décor.
1665672405011.png
The ride itself will see a complete overhaul in its’ scenery, re-using concepts from its’ early design. Once mine carts leave the loading dock they turn to the right and pass by excavation gear, a waterfall, a jeep that has seemingly crashed into the river below, and an off-ride viewing point looking out over the ceremonial site. The cart halts for a short moment and is then launched forward into the mouth of a giant stone Asian head, blasting smoke into Guests' faces before climbing the rickety chain lift to the top of the excavation site. Any sign of lost explorers up here? There’s no time to catch your breath as we’re quickly hurled into a twisting, turning, plunging ride around the excavation site, driven around and around, over and under by the mysterious forces which reside here. We first wind around a high stone spiral and take a small dip down and up around the front stone spiral.
1665672434146.png
The cart turns to the left and drops down another dip, curving around the first mentioned stone spiral, and through the beak of a stone eagle. We launch forward and dip down in a sideways drop down the front side of the attraction and under a stone arch featuring engravements of a figure similar to the Hindu monster Kirtimukha, a wallowing fierce face with huge fangs and a gaping mouth. We are then plunged into the ride’s looping which swirls around the figure of a giant gorilla holding a boulder, before going up another small hill and crashing through a stone wall. The vehicle swirls around the back stone spiral two times (of which one you rush past a roaring mother tiger in search of her tiger cubs) and then passes under excavation ramps holding up boulders, seemingly crashing down as we pass under. A second-to-last curve brings us over several small hills, crashing through another stone wall and sending us to the last curve, turning back into the loading dock. Guests disembark and can explore the Indiana Jones Adventure Outpost. Here explorers and researchers can have a well-deserved shopping break between 2 attractions! Indulge yourself in this store directly inspired by jungle outposts, where the spirit of adventure comes to life.
1665672463731.png

TheSorcerersApprentice

Original Poster
When I saw your concept of BATB I thought it was going to be like the one in Tokyo Disneyland. Btw is Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway going to be in your next gen of WDSP?
Although some of the scenes are definitely inspired by Tokyo's ride, I felt like the attraction was simply too big to recreate in Paris, nor do I feel like it completely fits Paris' style. I guess OLC has the uniqueness contract for its rides too, so copying it would be less of a realistic option. I would say, however, that in a lot of ways the ride in Tokyo was inspired by the original unbuilt concept in Paris, with its pre-show in stained glass, the Beast and Belle figures on the balcony and the main focus on its soundtrack.
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will not be coming to WDSP

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom