News Disneyland Resort launches health and safety PSA

castleparker

Original Poster
New member here but a longtime lurker. I seem to remember a few weeks back a discussion on whether Disney should be responsible for promoting public safety. Well now those who agreed can now feel vindicated, as they are doing just that.

Disneyland Resort Launches ‘Together We Can Be Incredible’ PSA Campaign for Health and Safety in Local Communities

From the press release, "Today, the Disneyland Resort kicked off a public service awareness campaign across Orange County and Los Angeles County to encourage all residents to adhere to current health and safety guidelines to help protect local communities."

D

Deleted member 107043

Last edited by a moderator:

flutas

I missed that. Can you share a link to that campaign?

Here's the current campaign page on the DLR website. The video is cute and I'm happy they are doing something, but they've literally done the bare minimum with this effort.

They basically compiled the slides into a video is all that's new.

The main reason I remember these is actually @TP2000 pointed out that Jack Jack is wearing some lovely lingerie.

D

Deleted member 107043

They basically compiled the slides into a video is all that's new.

The main reason I remember these is actually @TP2000 pointed out that Jack Jack is wearing some lovely lingerie.

Interesting. So it looks like they just borrowed and modified an existing campaign from WDW, which is fine I guess, but why is DLR just now getting around to doing this? Parks & Resorts has had this campaign since summer and they are just now releasing it for DLR? What?

Anjin

Someone jog my memory, what thread was this topic being discussed in?
Let me help.
There actually is something that Disney can do and it's something that Walt himself has been invoked with in the past: propaganda. In WWII, Disney created a number of films to convince people to support the war effort. Disney could do the same, to convince people to work together to overcome our current enemy.
Oh look. It me.

denyuntilcaught

The advertiser in me really wonders what the purpose of this campaign even is. This isn't going to make anyone feel safer about visiting a park that's going to remain closed well in 2021, which at that point people's paradigms around the virus and health will have shifted yet again. The data informing this campaign will be woefully out of date by the time it actually makes an impact on the bottom line.

Interesting.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

nothing like seeing cartoon characters who are not wearing facemasks telling people to wear facemasks. yeah that is really gonna change those non maskers stance on the topic :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom