Disneyland Paris Railroad

DLR92

Original Poster
It seem Disneyland Railroad only have Grand Canyon diorama segment and then it transit to have a view of the River of the Far West. A glimpse of Pirate of the Caribbean as well.

I wish the park included more diorama like Disneyland Primeval World. The Grand Canyon seem shorter and doesn’t have classic musical score for the Grand Canyon either.

I wonder if there was ambitious plan to include the Primeval World by Discovery land boundaries in the future? Maybe if Indiana Jones E ticket is still on the cards where the train will go through that as well. (Hopefully)

cjkeating

It does also have great views of Fantasyland, goes through the ISAW facade and also a nice elevated view of Discoveryland. I wouldn't expect a new scene to be added unless a showbuilding was built across the railroad path.

Sir_Cliff

I don't know if this has changed recently, but the worst thing about the DLP railroad was that they only seemed to run one train on it and waits would become insane. Hopefully that is one of the things they have abandoned with all the recent refreshing and refurbishing of the resort!

DLR92

Original Poster
It does also have great views of Fantasyland, goes through the ISAW facade and also a nice elevated view of Discoveryland. I wouldn't expect a new scene to be added unless a showbuilding was built across the railroad path.
I shouldn’t always judge from videos…but it a video observation. I do love how seats are arranged.
I don't know if this has changed recently, but the worst thing about the DLP railroad was that they only seemed to run one train on it and waits would become insane. Hopefully that is one of the things they have abandoned with all the recent refreshing and refurbishing of the resort!
Wow, I heard they only stop in fantasyland station. But I am not surprised from financial hardship the parks was facing at the time.

cjkeating

On my visits during 2022 they have been running 2 trains with stops only in Frontierland and waits have been manageable (normally on the next trip unless you just miss the cut.) This might have changed as Frontierland station opened when RotPL was running in Frontierland and that is on a cast changeover at the moment.

ToTBellHop

The wait time in August was outrageous. Only two stops and very few allowed on in Frontierland.

LondonTom

My wish is they would run it until park close! (I realise Paris fireworks are almost always at Park Close, but my favourite thing at Disneyland Anaheim is being able to watch Fireworks from town square, then jump on the train and continue on with the night!).

More frequency would be good too, to use it as actual transport around the park!

cjkeating

The wait time in August was outrageous. Only two stops and very few allowed on in Frontierland.
Assuming the train left Main Street full it is 1 on 1 off at Frontierland. If there is more than 50 people in front of you it's likely you'll be waiting more than 1 train.

I've checked since my previous post and with Frontierland Theatre currently dark it's presently offering round trips only.

cjkeating

My wish is they would run it until park close! (I realise Paris fireworks are almost always at Park Close, but my favourite thing at Disneyland Anaheim is being able to watch Fireworks from town square, then jump on the train and continue on with the night!).

More frequency would be good too, to use it as actual transport around the park!
The Railroad can't run after a certain time, I think it has to be shut down by 1800 due to noise complaint from residents behind the park. Sounded weird when I first heard it but I guess steam trains are quite noisy especially the boiler/whistle.

Frequency I would be surprised if we went above 2 trains for a long time. Mix in the recruitment challenges, Railroad Cast Members requiring additional skills and receive a higher rate of pay and it being a low capacity attraction per Cast Member I can't see Fantasyland or Discoveryland station opening for a long time. Maybe next summer if attendance continues to be strong. To be honest I think it suits the park quite running the Railroad on 2 trains with 2 (or 1) station as it makes the attractions more efficient for them. 2 less stops = more cycles per hour.

AndyS2992

The Railroad can't run after a certain time, I think it has to be shut down by 1800 due to noise complaint from residents behind the park. Sounded weird when I first heard it but I guess steam trains are quite noisy especially the boiler/whistle.

Frequency I would be surprised if we went above 2 trains for a long time. Mix in the recruitment challenges, Railroad Cast Members requiring additional skills and receive a higher rate of pay and it being a low capacity attraction per Cast Member I can't see Fantasyland or Discoveryland station opening for a long time. Maybe next summer if attendance continues to be strong. To be honest I think it suits the park quite running the Railroad on 2 trains with 2 (or 1) station as it makes the attractions more efficient for them. 2 less stops = more cycles per hour.
People decide to move in next to a theme park and then complain about the noise said theme park makes. I really don't understand these people. Secondly, who's idea was it to build houses around the park? :rolleyes: Pretty sure the whole area was just fields until Disney moved in.

DLR92

Original Poster

That a shame resident feel the noise is nuisance. I wouldn’t mind the noise if that my second home. LOL
People decide to move in next to a theme park and then complain about the noise said theme park makes. I really don't understand these people. Secondly, who's idea was it to build houses around the park? :rolleyes: Pretty sure the whole area was just fields until Disney moved in.
The whole area of Disneyland Paris was supposed to provide more economic opportunities for the country, provide new areas of living from the start. I wonder if the area is much cheaper to live than say in Paris?

AndyS2992

That a shame resident feel the noise is nuisance. I wouldn’t mind the noise if that my second home. LOL

The whole area of Disneyland Paris was supposed to provide more economic opportunities for the country, provide new areas of living from the start. I wonder if the area is much cheaper to live than say in Paris?
Completely unrelated.. just noticed your Sailor Moon avatar 😍 Very nice 👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom