News Disneyland Paris Pride Lands Lion King Ride

nickys

Premium Member
I might have missed this, what suggests this is based on the remake? The article @mrflo posted suggests it’s based on the “classic animated film” and mentions the 30th anniversary. 🤞

I’m slightly disappointed this appears to basically be one ride plus shops and “dining”. I hoped there would have been at least a walk- through type attraction, like Aladdin, or a second ride. There again, since that could have been a spinner maybe it’s better not.

Last edited:

ThemeParkTraveller

I might have missed this, what suggests this is based on the remake?

I’m slightly disappointed this appears to basically be one ride plus shops and “dining”. I hoped there would have been at least a walk- through type attraction, like Aladdin, or a second ride. There again, since that could have been a spinner maybe it’s better not.

The character designs from the concept art are lifted directly from the remake, but maybe this isn't reflective of the actual show scenes.

TimeDuck

I think the model will clear everything up tomorrow but the first picture in this tweet very clearly has the animated Simba on pride rock.

That in conjunction with Josh D'Amaro making it explicitly clear in the announcement that this was based on the "original, animated attraction" - I think we're safe to say it won't be based on the remake and this is concept art leftover from a different regime/iteration.

An absolutely bonkers decision to make this the one piece of concept art for the news though. Beyond baffling.

Sir_Cliff

I think the model will clear everything up tomorrow but the first picture in this tweet very clearly has the animated Simba on pride rock.

That in conjunction with Josh D'Amaro making it explicitly clear in the announcement that this was based on the "original, animated attraction" - I think we're safe to say it won't be based on the remake and this is concept art leftover from a different regime/iteration.

An absolutely bonkers decision to make this the one piece of concept art for the news though. Beyond baffling.

That is reassuring and, indeed, it is so strange they would use that concept art if this is based on the original animated feature.

In general, I am kind of surprised at the vagueness about the announcements at D23 given that there was quite a build up to this being when we were going to see Disney's big ambitious plans for the future of the parks. With the exception of the DCA Avengers additions, for example, they didn't seem to want to show any art that would give people a clue as to how most of the announcements would fit into the existing parks.

mrflo

There are many inconsistencies/differences between the artwork and the model. For example, the model shows larger boats rather than the one-person per row flumes. It's a bit like with the initial artwork Disney used for the Splash Mt. makeover that had the boat on top of the tree. It is probably more made for the dramatic effect of the announcement rather than be 100% accurate.

The-Lion-King-themed-area.jpg

Essentially even the CGI-version is still based on the 1994 animated classic. So I am not sure what Josh's comment can really confirm. Though like I mentioned in my other post, having realistic singing/talking animatronics based on the CGI version would look very creepy.

I don't know if anyone has seen the Legend of the Lion King which was a show in Magic Kingdom during the 90s with puppetry. I would not be surprised if they borrowed some elements from that show.

mrflo

I am not seeing a large outdoor section of the ride in the model compared to Splash Mountain. The exposure to the cold might be just limited to the top of the drop itself and a small section re-entering the show building.

As far as I understood, Splash Mountain in Tokyo sometimes has to close or can remain pretty abandoned due to snow.

FIgeMDoXsAMke_R

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom