Disneyland Paris Meal Plans

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Hi all

What are your opinions of the Meal Plans at Disneyland Paris?

I'll be honest, i didn't even knew they them. When i went with my Husband about 18 months ago, we found ourselves in Plaza Gardens constantly because we didn't know what choices were about and even then, 70 euro each is hefty price each time to eat.

Do people see Value in the food plans? Plus seems like it gives a good bunch of restaurants without spending more on food than hotel. Don't need 3 buffets/meals a day that's for sure.

Maybe if i deal is to be had on the Hotel through 3rd part sites then adding this could make sense. Also, are the vouchers tied per day or can you use them all in one day like the WDW dinning plan if you wanted?

Finally, our 5 year old isnt a big eater, at Buffet places, is he allowed to eat of our plates for am i required to buy a meal plan for him too?

EDIT. Im guessing the vouchers are tied to an individual and cant be loopholed? So 1x 2 meals a day plans but both my husband and i use them at dinner?

Last edited:

cjkeating

Hi all

What are your opinions of the Meal Plans at Disneyland Paris?

I'll be honest, i didn't even knew they them. When i went with my Husband about 18 months ago, we found ourselves in Plaza Gardens constantly because we didn't know what choices were about and even then, 70 euro each is hefty price each time to eat.

Do people see Value in the food plans? Plus seems like it gives a good bunch of restaurants without spending more on food than hotel. Don't need 3 buffets/meals a day that's for sure.

Maybe if i deal is to be had on the Hotel through 3rd part sites then adding this could make sense. Also, are the vouchers tied per day or can you use them all in one day like the WDW dinning plan if you wanted?

Finally, our 5 year old isnt a big eater, at Buffet places, is he allowed to eat of our plates for am i required to buy a meal plan for him too?

EDIT. Im guessing the vouchers are tied to an individual and cant be loopholed? So 1x 2 meals a day plans but both my husband and i use them at dinner?
I'm answering all your queries from memory so I hope I've got all this right but feel free to fact check anything if it doesn't sound right.

First I'd typically say unless a) the Meal Plan is 'free' with a package or b) you are someone who would rather pre-pay in advance I don't think they are worth the price/hassle. If you do typically the only package that gives you the greatest value is the Breakfast+Lunch+Dinner if you stay more than a couple of nights it is a lot of food.

> I believe you have to booked direct with Disneyland Paris or a Travel Agent to get the Meal Plan, you can't add on via a hotel website such as Expedia or Ebookers.
> The vouchers can be used on any day from when you check in to check out
> Officially children from 3 need to pay for their meal, you might be able to get away with it but I'm not sure about that

Not 100% sure if I understood your Edit question, but when you book the Meal Plan it will be for the entire party on the booking, so if it is 2 adults and 1 child you can't just request the Meal Plan for 1 adult. Also a note that your breakfast voucher can only be used at breakfast, the lunch and dinner vouchers can be used for any lunch/dinner meals.

If you have more questions happy to try and help.

Jordan dby

Yes in a buffet restaurant everyone who sits down over 3 needs to pay. There have been regular issues for example with people on a table not eating (maybe they got a hot dog in park) but sitting down in a character dining place and expect to be free.

I don't think you save much money by getting a meal plan and you are committed to booking a restaurant in advance so need to plan when you are hungry! But there are good offers if you book your trip well in advance and personally I love turning up and having everything paid. I think paying €300 for a family of 4 to eat at inventions would spoil the disney magic for me somewhat!

Indy_UK

Original Poster
No that sounds great. In essence the value perception is similar to WDW as yeah it seems a lot of it is the paying upfront.

From previous visits, Eating at DLP has been nothing short of naff as the out of pocket price has scared me away from being adventurous from trying different places.

The loopholes i mentioned are obviously not possible but worth asking. Trying to decide if £540 for 2 meals a day, for 4 nights and 3 of us is worth it or not. I do like the idea of paying upfront though

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
We found the half board plus package very good. Although id wait and see if it becomes “included” in your on site stay package.

Indy_UK

Original Poster
We booked Sequoia for the end of July for 4 nights.

I believe i can just the meal plan on directly with Disney nearer the time so will wait and see what happens either way

ToTBellHop

It seems to depend when you book. Right now it’s not advertised again but was a month ago. It’ll undoubtedly reappear.
I’m sure they’re just waiting until it’s clear when they even can reopen. The optics of, “come ride Big Thunder and save money!” as countries are locking down are terrible. That kind of ignorance toward the crisis only works in Florida.

The good news is, at the current pace, everyone in France will be vaccinated by 2042.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m sure they’re just waiting until it’s clear when they even can reopen. The optics of, “come ride Big Thunder and save money!” as countries are locking down are terrible. That kind of ignorance toward the crisis only works in Florida.

The good news is, at the current pace, everyone in France will be vaccinated by 2042.
A February reopening is looking more and more unlikely. To think a few months ago we planned on a return in March.

I’ve said it before, but for better or for worse I’m glad the TWDC has total ownership now. I think there’s a good chance the resort wouldn’t have survived otherwise.

Indy_UK

Original Poster
Hopefully if the free half board dining comes back that I can contact and add it to by booking.

saying that I’m getting nervous about being able to go at the end of July now

Bonbondisney

I find it depends on what your looking for. If your looking to do lots of sit down table meals and you like a hotel breakfast then they can be worth it. I certainly enjoy them when I’ve had packages, I was shocked to find WDW still charge tax and tips as I’m used to Paris where it covers everything and you don’t need to pay anything.

Personally I don’t pay for meal plans, I prefer to eat where I want where I want, rarely when I’m having a sit down meal do I chose all 3 courses you get on the meal plan. I never pay for hotel breakfast as nice as they are! The only times I’ve paid for a meal plan is adding premium when staying in golden forest (club) as the club level knocks a big chunk off the meal plan.

there’s lots of cheaper places to eat than buffets, the buffets are eye watering for what you get! The only one I pay for is Inventions (character dining) as we make a whole evening of it. Often it’s quicker to nip out to the village than to queue in the park or have sit down. Annette’s isnt exactly cheap but you get massive portions and it’s nice, it comes out much cheaper than buffets! Earl of sandwich is a good one, I like sitting out on the balcony over looking the lake. In the park some of the quick service meal deals come with salad or veg so fine for a main meal. I avoid Hyperion unless there’s a show on I want to see. I’m a fan of the kids meals as they are often big enough for an adult. At Bella notte and hatiths I get a drink, Mickey pizza, salad and chocolate cake for €9 before my annual pass discount. The adult pizza meal is about €14.99 and if you buy an extra drink it’s more than enough to share. Valapinos is very popular, if you walk out the park and keep going past the ‘a bientot’ sign valapinos is next to five guys. One of my favourite places is Lucky Nugget for an in park meal, it’s a little bit more than quick service but the food is really nice, it’s table service and you got to watch a couple of puppet shows and listen to live piano but that was pre covid (puppeteers job got changed). For breakfast there’s places in the park or village, lots do a breakfast deal. Annette’s serves a hot breakfast until 11. The train station can be good for getting filled rolls or breakfast foods although there can be a queue to come back through security.

the exception to when I do the above is when I go with my parents, we have done both and find they prefer paying the extra and having a premium meal plan. My mum is diabetic and we find quick service to be very carb heavy.

attached are 2 of the under €9 kids meals.

Attachments

• 48CD5DEF-76C6-455D-95F8-2049EC46924F.jpeg
    48CD5DEF-76C6-455D-95F8-2049EC46924F.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 7C63FA38-CE02-4498-ACD2-7B1DD5B2065C.jpeg
    7C63FA38-CE02-4498-ACD2-7B1DD5B2065C.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 225

Indy_UK

Original Poster
So I have been looking at meals plans again and have a question.

my hotel booking includes breakfast and I see all the meal plans include a breakfast and either dinner or lunch.

can the breakfast vouchers be changed for a lunch one if I already have breakfast included? Or is it fixed to breakfast

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

my hotel booking includes breakfast and I see all the meal plans include a breakfast and either dinner or lunch.

can the breakfast vouchers be changed for a lunch one if I already have breakfast included? Or is it fixed to breakfast
Fixed I believe. Though if you ask you maybe able to use the cost towards lunch or dinner. This is often vague.

Markiewong

I assume that you are in a club level room then? From what I heard you get a discount on the meal plan prices with club rooms due to breakfast already being included. But give a call to Disney to be sure :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom