Disneyland Opening to Out-of-State Guests after June 15

ToTBellHop

They just are encouraging people to do the right thing. Basically saying they're not responsible anymore.
Actually, the state said vaccine/test or mask “recommended”. Disney is going a step further and saying vaccine/test recommended AND mask mandatory.

ToTBellHop

Are they not going to change their rules to align with WDW? like less distancing, no outdoor masks?
Not with respect to masks until CA allows it. I had always said that once the state said “vaccine/test OR mask”, Disney would say “masks for all.” They have no interest in touching vaccine records. That’s why they chose to just keep OOS out until 6/15.

Now, if the CDC finally says, “no one needs to wear masks outdoors,” which, ironically, they just said for cruise ships of all places, and CA actually aligns with the CDC instead of saying, “we will...but in a couple months when we are ready,” then sure.

Less distancing, however, is a yes. They will start using indoor queues and drop to 3 feet. That is what is allowing them to increase capacity 6/15.

Curious Constance

I just asked via chat if my Maxpass tickets will allow me to still have the Photopass while at the parks and was told this:

“The photopass with the Maxpass isn't available. If you like to request a refund, please visit Disneyland.com, click on "Help" by the search box. On the next page click on the email Icon. In the subject line, scroll to Maxpass refund.”

So if they refund me the amount we paid for Maxpass, which if I remember correctly was $15 a day per ticket, then if I go ahead and buy Photopass for $20 a day, I only need to pay the $20 once per day and that counts for all four of us that have tickets linked to my account and it allows us to get ride photos too?
I’m a bit concerned I’ll get the refund and then they will add Maxpass back on at some point before we go in August.

DavidDL

Is the capacity poised to remain the same, as well? So still 35% but now with the ability to mix out of towners? Or is capacity getting another bump, too?

mickEblu

Not with respect to masks until CA allows it. I had always said that once the state said “vaccine/test OR mask”, Disney would say “masks for all.” They have no interest in touching vaccine records. That’s why they chose to just keep OOS out until 6/15.

Now, if the CDC finally says, “no one needs to wear masks outdoors,” which, ironically, they just said for cruise ships of all places, and CA actually aligns with the CDC instead of saying, “we will...but in a couple months when we are ready,” then sure.

Less distancing, however, is a yes. They will start using indoor queues and drop to 3 feet. That is what is allowing them to increase capacity 6/15.

So how much do you expect ride capacity to go up after 6/15? If there is still 3 feet distancing required that means that wait times will just go up proportionally with how many more people they are letting in the park. And if masks are still required post 6/15 then I was wrong when I said last week through 6/15 will be the worst time to visit the parks as the weather will only get hotter and there will be more people walking around the park.

ToTBellHop

So how much do you expect ride capacity to go up after 6/15? If there is still 3 feet distancing required that means that wait times will just go up proportionally with how many more people they are letting in the park. And if masks are still required post 6/15 then I was wrong when I said last week through 6/15 will be the worst time to visit the parks as the weather will only get hotter and there will be more people walking around the park.
Ride and show (not many of those...) capacity will rise as they fill every row and only have one seat between adjacent parties on attractions loading side-by-side. We are seeing this at WDW.

CaptinEO

I just asked via chat if my Maxpass tickets will allow me to still have the Photopass while at the parks and was told this:

“The photopass with the Maxpass isn't available. If you like to request a refund, please visit Disneyland.com, click on "Help" by the search box. On the next page click on the email Icon. In the subject line, scroll to Maxpass refund.”

So if they refund me the amount we paid for Maxpass, which if I remember correctly was $15 a day per ticket, then if I go ahead and buy Photopass for $20 a day, I only need to pay the $20 once per day and that counts for all four of us that have tickets linked to my account and it allows us to get ride photos too?
I’m a bit concerned I’ll get the refund and then they will add Maxpass back on at some point before we go in August.
Yep, so the 20 a day unlocks all the ride photos and photographer photos that day for one persons ticket. So just show the ticket of the person Photooass is attached to to any photographers you see.

For ride photos you enter in the photo ID to the app. But take a photo of the photo, cause sometimes it takes hours to allow you to input the ride photo code into their system, as it's glitchy.

Curious Constance

Yep, so the 20 a day unlocks all the ride photos and photographer photos that day for one persons ticket. So just show the ticket of the person Photooass is attached to to any photographers you see.

For ride photos you enter in the photo ID to the app. But take a photo of the photo, cause sometimes it takes hours to allow you to input the ride photo code into their system, as it's glitchy.
Thank you! So if I purchase it on my ticket and my daughter and her friend go off on their own, as long as they keep their codes and I enter them later under my ticket or they show my ticket on the app (she can be signed into my account on her phone) to the photographer, we will be okay?

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Thank you! So if I purchase it on my ticket and my daughter and her friend go off on their own, as long as they keep their codes and I enter them later under my ticket or they show my ticket on the app (she can be signed into my account on her phone) to the photographer, we will be okay?
There are two ways to link the photos from photographers into your account. Either the photographer will give you a slip of paper which contains a code that you can link to your account later, or you can pull up a QR code on your phone for the photographer to scan and that will directly link it into your account.

The paper slip option might be preferred for your daughter as it would not require her to log into your account on her phone.

CaptinEO

Yes your daughter can show your tickets bar code to the photographer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom