Disneyland night entertainment

peep

Original Poster
Hi, apologies if you'd rather I ask this question in a different sub.

I have a trip coming up and didn't plan on going on a weekend to avoid crowds. However it looks like Fantasmic and castle fireworks aren't on during the week? Is this correct?

I'm so used to Paris and Orlando just being every night I didn't even consider they might not be on aside from party nights.

If I did move plans around to make a Sunday work, how insane do queues get?

kap91

Queues in Disneyland are about the same or shorter than Orlando most days - on the busiest days I've been at Disneyland 1-1.5 hours is generally the longest I've seen. Though guardians has been pulling hellishly long waits.

It seems like the new fastpass system has some issues that's been drastically increasing standby times. Mansion had a 5 hour wait on Saturday, and a few weeks ago Guardians was like 3 even though the line was physically short, but I'm hoping that gets fixed soon.

Travel Junkie

Hi, apologies if you'd rather I ask this question in a different sub.

I have a trip coming up and didn't plan on going on a weekend to avoid crowds. However it looks like Fantasmic and castle fireworks aren't on during the week? Is this correct?

I'm so used to Paris and Orlando just being every night I didn't even consider they might not be on aside from party nights.

If I did move plans around to make a Sunday work, how insane do queues get?

You are correct on the F! and fireworks. At Disneyland they only go on weekends for most of the year. The exceptions are summer, special occasions like during the 60th, and really busy times such as around Christmas.

I would look at the Annual Pass blackout calendar. The more passes that are blacked out, the smaller the crowds you will see. Generally speaking the busiest days of the week are Friday night and Sunday when local passes are not blocked out. Saturday will not be as crowded as Sunday due to more passes being blocked out. For example last Friday and Sunday the Mickey and Friends parking structure closed due to being full.

That being said the rest of the year is going to be pretty packed no matter the day. Halloween and the holiday's are busy. If you can afford it, I would recommend getting MaxPass. It will maximize the number of rides you can hit. The queues won't be as long as WDW, but Disneyland has a lot less space and so it will feel busier and tougher to move around.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/blockout-dates/

peep

Original Poster
Thanks for all your info.

Luckily I've been before so it was more just frustrating to realise about the Disneyland shows being weekend only after making all of the trip plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom