Disneyland Missouri?

imagineer boy

Original Poster
My aunt just told me that Disney is buying some land down near Branson Missouri. Is this true????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:confused: :confused:

SirNim

There will be no more Disney theme park Resort venues anywhere in the country outside of Lake Buena Vista and Anaheim. If what your aunt said is true (which I am not sure if it is true or not), then the land will probably be used either as a regional office for Disney, or as an office for the Disney Store (which is based in nearby Kansas I believe) or for some other purpose along those lines. Just do not expect any entertainment venue for the consumers (us) there.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Disney land in Missouri, maybe.

A Disneyland park in Missouri (or anywhere besides the current two areas in the US) no.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by SirNimajneb
There will be no more Disney theme park Resort venues anywhere in the country outside of Lake Buena Vista and Anaheim. If what your aunt said is true (which I am not sure if it is true or not), then the land will probably be used either as a regional office for Disney, or as an office for the Disney Store (which is based in nearby Kansas I believe) or for some other purpose along those lines. Just do not expect any entertainment venue for the consumers (us) there.

hmmmmm.................... I wonder.....

Blizz

Originally posted by imagineer boy
hmmmmm.................... I wonder.....

hummmmm................. I doubt it......

Prob. just more office space. Or if you are lucky, they might be building a new disney store.

RAZORBRAD

Silver Dollar City is in Branson and it is booming. Attendance goes up every year. It is a very excellent place to go , alot closer to home, not to mention they have a better roller coaster than is at the Disney Parks. Granted the overall experience at WDW is a million times better.

civileng68

Account Suspended
not happening

it's not happening.

First off, if Disney is supposedly having financial cutbacks, I don't see them building an entirely new world.

Also, the location is just bad. Yes, it's middle America, but with airplanes, who cares about distance?

January's in Anaheim and especially Florida are much warmer than Mo.

Also, about Fl, ( i cant speak for Anaheim because I dont know)........people are much more likely to go to Fl because of the overall tourist factor. There's so much to do in Fl. I just don't think Mo. is a place that someone would get excited to go on vacation. Nothing against it, im sure it's beautiful, but im speaking purely from a tourism perspective.

TURKEY

Originally posted by RAZORBRAD
Silver Dollar City is in Branson and it is booming. Attendance goes up every year. It is a very excellent place to go , alot closer to home, not to mention they have a better roller coaster than is at the Disney Parks. Granted the overall experience at WDW is a million times better.

But all of Branson also shuts down for 2 or 3 months. I don't think Disney would want to build a park there when they would be the only thing in the town open.

doctor tigger

Missouri Themepark

The creation of a Disney themepark in Missouri is one of those "urban legends" that has been around Missouri for as long as I can remember---I remember hearing about this happening back in the 1970s when I was in grade school.

According to the "story," the park was supposed to be built with a big bubble over it, so that the weather would not be a problem.

I agree with the other members--this property is probably for a store or office, not for a theme park (Branson already has a theme park---Silver Dollar City.)

Hey, perhaps Disney could buy Silver Dollar City and completely redo it---now that would be way cool!

devilred

doctor tigger i once had a dream :snore: of a disneyland under a dome. i never heard about the idea b4 it happend. the weird thing was in my dream it was located in cape giraredeau mo. weird huh

I think any more Disney parks in the US would cheapen the brand.

Think about it - are there any other amusement parks in the world that people will regulary fly to and stay at for a week's time?

Hank Scorpio

Originally posted by FourFourSeven
I think any more Disney parks in the US would cheapen the brand.

Think about it - are there any other amusement parks in the world that people will regulary fly to and stay at for a week's time?

Well said! - I agree.

JasonCajun

Those rumors have surfaced around here a few times too. Here being Pigeon Forge and Sevierville, a place very similar to Branson, Missouri as far as a tourist spot goes.

Its wishful thinking, who wouldnt want to have Disneyland in your back yard. But it is not going to happen, especially considering all the factors stated above and the economy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom