News Disneyland Magic Key Program

Ryan120420

We are getting close to the 40 day renewal window and a great way to get people to renew their Magic Key that they don't like is to make it unavailable to purchase new.

Disney has done this in the past with the SoCal Pass, and the grandfathered Parking and PhotoPass benefits.

Renew or lose it forever.

Stevek

Hmmm..."an opportunity to renew into one of several passes available in the program"

Makes me wonder if there will be a) new pass program or b) limited types of Magic Keys available moving forward. For example, if I have an Imagine Key will I only be able to renew at one of the top 2 tier keys because Imagine and Enchant will no longer be available for purchase (or renewal)...

Ryan120420

Hmmm..."an opportunity to renew into one of several passes available in the program"

Makes me wonder if there will be a) new pass program or b) limited types of Magic Keys available moving forward. For example, if I have an Imagine Key will I only be able to renew at one of the top 2 tier keys because Imagine and Enchant will no longer be available for purchase (or renewal)...

I could see them doing this but eliminating Believe and Dream Keys and forcing everyone into the Enchant and Imagine Key levels. Since early November, if someone wanted a Key, they had no choice but to purchase an Imagine or Enchant Key.

Also, Disney cant get sued by more people over blockout dates if they don't offer a pass that has "no blockout dates".

Stevek

I could see them doing this but eliminating Believe and Dream Keys and forcing everyone into the Enchant and Imagine Key levels. Since early November, if someone wanted a Key, they had no choice but to purchase an Imagine or Enchant Key.

Also, Disney cant get sued by more people over blockout dates if they don't offer a pass that has "no blockout dates".
Yeah, they really could go either way. Push people up to the top expensive keys but change the verbiage or push them down to the lower keys and free up weekends/peak timing for day guests.

mickEblu

Yeah, they really could go either way. Push people up to the top expensive keys but change the verbiage or push them down to the lower keys and free up weekends/peak timing for day guests.

I think they ll still want at least 4 tiers of passes that somewhat resemble the current structure even if prices go up a bit and blackout dates get more restrictive for certain tiers. They may even offer a true no blackout date pass for a Premium.

TsWade2

I think you might be on to something.

This is clearly no way to run an AP program; as it's full of sales halts, do-overs, and confusing messaging.

What a mess. :rolleyes:
Why, thank you! And I agree. If I want a Magic Key Pass, they need some fixing to do, but we'll see what the judge verdicts.

Phroobar

My thoughts exactly. While the plaintiff thought they are suing Disney into letting them be able to go whenever they want, all the lawsuit did was solidify that nobody will ever be able to go to Disneyland "on a whim" ever again.
In the mean time, I'll see you all at Knotts for dinner. We can meet and play games with the Calico residents, and watch Tomasina & Krazy Kurt together and remember the good old days when Disneyland had live bands.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
In the mean time, I'll see you all at Knotts for dinner. We can meet and play games with the Calico residents, and watch Tomasina & Krazy Kurt together and remember the good old days when Disneyland had live bands.
Speaking of live bands, a live band went on the King Arthur Carrousel when I was there on Saturday and played the carrousel music live. It was funny because the music kept getting louder than softer, louder than softer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom