News Disneyland Magic Key Program (all pass types will be available to purchase beginning March 5, 2024)

dovetail65

I can't imagine wanting to hang out there given how "entitled" many passholders have acted over the years. Feels like this will be one of those "look at me" locations for some people.
I don't undersrand that entitled statement

I have talked to hundreds of people in lines. I have Gone to Disney 40 times from 2016 to 2021 and never once did I feel like AP holders were entitled, but more than that at the Parks in the lines it never came up. So no matter what area I was in the parks I never knew who had an AP or not. How can one know from how they act, thats a huge assumption.

In my FL neighborhood many locals have AP and I never heard a word or received a feeling from anyone that they thought or felt AP made tham any different than anyone else.

I mean what kind of experience can a person have to feel that others feel entitled. Did 30 times from 30 people on 30 different days did a verified AP holder say I am an Ap holder move over you are nothing. Unless words were spoken like that to someone and unless a person experienced a scenario like that happened more than one time in their life, it would have to be countless times, which I find impossible. I would have seen it. The assumption that a person feels entitled is actually in the head of the person thinking that and those people are entitled. The actual people being accused of being entitled most times are not. I am not getting into the reasons why someone thinks other may be entitled but I do not belive to applies Disney AP holders as a group and like everything else 100% does not apply to any individual. AP holder may want their money worth, they may feel they should get perks a resort guest may get, bit that's not entitlement, because every person or group wants value.

I mean if you are saying people in CA act differently than in FL I find ot tough to believe, but I have not seen AP holders thinking they were entitled to anything other than what they paid for.

Just weird to me.

Stevek

I have talked to hundreds of people in lines. I have Gone to Disney 40 times from 2016 to 2021 and never once did I feel like AP holders were entitled, but more than that at the Parks in the lines it never came up. So no matter what area I was in the parks I never knew who had an AP or not. How can one know from how they act, thats a huge assumption.

In my FL neighborhood many locals have AP and I never heard a word or received a feeling from anyone that they thought or felt AP made tham any different than anyone else.

I mean what kind of experience can a person have to feel that others feel entitled. Did 30 times a person say I am an Ap holder move over you are nothing. Unless words were spoken like that to someone and unless a scenario like that happened more than one time on their life, it would have to be countless times, which I find impossible or I would have seen it. The assumption that a person feels entitled is actually in the head of the person thinking that and those people are entitled. The actual people being accused of being entitled most times are not. I am not getting into the reasons why someone thinks other may be entitled but I do not belive to applies Disney AP holders as a group and like everything else 100% does not apply to any individual. AP holder may want their money worth, they may feel they should get perks a resort guest may get, bit that's not entitlement, because every person or group wants value.

I mean if you are saying people in CA act differently than in FL I find ot tough to believe, but I have not seen AP holders thinking they were entitled to anything other than what they paid for.

Just weird to me.
It's well documented here in California.

Tamandua

I mean what kind of experience can a person have to feel that others feel entitled. Did 30 times from 30 people on 30 different days did a verified AP holder say I am an Ap holder move over you are nothing. Unless words were spoken like that to someone and unless a person experienced a scenario like that happened more than one time in their life, it would have to be countless times, which I find impossible. I would have seen it. The assumption that a person feels entitled is actually in the head of the person thinking that and those people are entitled. The actual people being accused of being entitled most times are not. I am not getting into the reasons why someone thinks other may be entitled but I do not belive to applies Disney AP holders as a group and like everything else 100% does not apply to any individual. AP holder may want their money worth, they may feel they should get perks a resort guest may get, bit that's not entitlement, because every person or group wants value.

Just weird to me.
"Entitled" in relation to APs just means that people on vacation who aren't locals feel resentful because their visits aren't as great as they could be with lower crowd levels and they don't have the opportunities to come back and do things they miss out on like APs do. It's ridiculous to fault APs for wanting to use the benefits they pay for, and we've seen that Disney really, really needs the APs. Most of the time you see people complain about APs it's coming from people out of the area who think they should have special treatment for paying more to come from outside the area. I've started to see the vacationers as entitled because of their constant gripes about APs ruining their trips by simply existing.

mickEblu

It's well documented here in California.
I can't imagine wanting to hang out there given how "entitled" many passholders have acted over the years. Feels like this will be one of those "look at me" locations for some people.

I was an AP for 7 years before the up until last year and can’t recall one “passhole” moment. I think the issue is way overblown. I think people are looking for a reason to be mad with APs because they re annoyed with them being there clogging up the park. Or things like camping out for Fireworks hours in advance. While that can be annoying especially if you re on a once in a lifetime trip that doesn’t make those people entitled.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I expect are usual bunch of selfish, entitled , snobbish passholder regulars like " best life and beyond, freshbaked, justin scarred, adam the too old for a tongue ring, five food groups, er five fires will all be there opening day

Disney Analyst

Long term AP on and off. I try to be helpful and kind. I've heard lots of stories of some "Karen" yelling at a CM, 'I'm a passholder, so you need to do ......'

Passholder or regular day guests... every group has Karens ready to be a CM's nightmare.

I would be curious if the AP crowd has more than the regular crowd, it is certainly likely, as some may use the idea of paying an annual fee as their excuse to say "you owe me, I am a regular".

Disney Analyst

I didn't see this answered, and I am genuinely curious:

If you purchase a Magic Key tomorrow, does your year start upon first entry into a park, or upon purchase? I can't recall how APs worked before... (I've never owned a Disneyland AP, so I am just genuinely curious).

i.e.:

I buy tomorrow, reserve for August 27th. Does my year start August 25th or August 27th?

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

I didn't see this answered, and I am genuinely curious:

If you purchase a Magic Key tomorrow, does your year start upon first entry into a park, or upon purchase? I can't recall how APs worked before... (I've never owned a Disneyland AP, so I am just genuinely curious).

i.e.:

I buy tomorrow, reserve for August 27th. Does my year start August 25th or August 27th?
If you buy the pass tomorrow and don't activate it it will expire on 08/25/22. If you purchase it and say use it on friday 8/27/21 for example then it will be good until 08/27/22. so to recap if you never use it it will expire one year to the date you purchased it. If you purchase it and use it, you get a year from the date you first used it. Hope that helps

Disney Analyst

If you buy the pass tomorrow and don't activate it it will expire on 08/25/22. If you purchase it and say use it on friday 8/27/21 for example then it will be good until 08/27/22. so to recap if you never use it it will expire one year to the date you purchased it. If you purchase it and use it, you get a year from the date you first used it. Hope that helps

Makes sense.

I wasn't sure, as booking reservations are required, and as they are considered an aspect of the pass, if the pass started from the first day you made your bookings, or when you actually entered the park.

Tamandua

So you could effectively lock in the pass price at the current price but not use it for a year and then get the full year from the first day you go?

I wonder if the first 66 days thing is when you buy the pass or when you first use it...

mickEblu

I'm looking at the different Keys and oddly enough I could talk myself into the most expensive Dream key and I could talk myself into the cheapest Imagine key. The middle two keys starting making less sense the more you think about them... for me at least.

IMAGINE - I'd be completely fine with Imagine and going 6x a year or so on weekdays. The only issue is for every single trip my wife would need to use a PTO day which would limit us from going on other trips and vacations. Can one just tell corporate "Im cool just not getting paid for a week" and take time off without pay? I forgot how that works.

ENCHANT - The value seems good until you realize every weekend day that you can go will most likely be packed as 3 out of 4 of the passes can go.

BELIEVE - Seems like the sweet spot but I worry how many people may feel the same way. Also, its priced close enough to DREAM to make you start doing the math on parking. Even though it would take 36 visits (much more than I would be going) to = the $450 price difference between the two passes if you factor in the convenience of no blackout dates, extra discounts and ability to be there on what will most likely be the least busy weekends it might be worth the extra money. About 1/2 of the Saturdays are blocked out of the year with BELIEVE and if enough people choose BELIEVE they will be very busy Saturdays.

DREAM - See Believe

Concerns: I'm not too concerned about the Reservation process. What I am concerned with is if they bring back the outdoor mask mandate. With that said, Summer is ending and I wore one of those blue medical masks at work the other day that felt like you didn't even have a mask on. Air coming in and out with ease. Makes you wonder how on earth they work but that's not either here nor there. Due to my spontaneous trip last week I have 3 days to choose if I want to upgrade to magic keys for my family as I do not want to waste the chance to use the $690 I spent as down payments. I guess If Im undecided I can upgrade to the Imagine keys in the next few days and then just upgrade to a better key at a later date.

Th3 DUd3

Was just looking over the fine print

Parking

Pass is not valid for parking on a date for which such Pass is blocked out.

Guess those wanting to hit Downtown Disney on those blocked out days can't even get a discount for those who have that option?

Hmmm interesting....

Wont effect me, but it's interesting on how its worded.

Th3 DUd3

Something interesting that is still in the Loan Agreement of the pass. Still hope for add-ons!

Option Add-Ons:
You may have the right to add certain features or options to your Passes (e.g., parking, etc.), subject to availability and any
applicable terms of purchase. If you elect to add any such available options to any of your Passes, you must pay on the day of the addition of such option the full amount of such option for each applicable Pass. Your payment schedule hereunder and Pass expiration date(s) will remain unchanged following the addition of the option(s). All terms of this Contract shall remain effective and shall apply to the Passes as they did to your initial Passes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom