Disneyland IN the movies

LastoneOn

Original Poster
Happened to turn this on this morning.
Universal's "40 Pounds of Trouble" 1962 Tony Curtis, Suzanne Pleshette
Starting around 1:04:00 begins a segment where the stars and the little girl they're in charge off land at LAX, get on the helicopter and head to Disneyland. There begins about 20 minutes of adventure around the park. From Main Street to Tom Sawyers Island, and many points in between. You'll see many things that no longer exist. Hang in there to the end of the section in the parking lot and you'll see the witch!

40 Pounds of Trouble

Communicora

Premium Member
Happened to turn this on this morning.
Universal's "40 Pounds of Trouble" 1962 Tony Curtis, Suzanne Pleshette
Starting around 1:04:00 begins a segment where the stars and the little girl they're in charge off land at LAX, get on the helicopter and head to Disneyland. There begins about 20 minutes of adventure around the park. From Main Street to Tom Sawyers Island, and many points in between. You'll see many things that no longer exist. Hang in there to the end of the section in the parking lot and you'll see the witch!

40 Pounds of Trouble
I specifically sought out the DVD to see the Disneyland scenes. It was a cute film!

I'd love to see other recommendations for films featuring Disneyland if anyone has them.

Rich T

I specifically sought out the DVD to see the Disneyland scenes. It was a cute film!

I'd love to see other recommendations for films featuring Disneyland if anyone has them.
My favorite is the Tom Hanks movie (no, not that one) That Thing You Do. Not only is it a wonderful lighthearted comedy with great songs and early 60’s atmosphere done incredibly well, but Disneyland (the Matterhorn specifically) puts in an unforgettable appearance in one of the film’s funniest moments.
16BD2B7C-8237-43DE-9475-99D812A4E1E6.jpeg
A7BB6683-5EF4-4D3A-B318-733103736D7D.jpeg
431D02BB-40E4-4D8A-A474-7EE7E05D4CA9.jpeg

I love that they actually painted the bobsleds a period-accurate color even though they had to use a then-current model. I’ve posted this before, but I’ll never turn down a chance to put in a good word for this overlooked gem of a movie. Great cast, fun characters, catchy songs, fun story about a humble little garage band that soars to national fame and then spectacularly self-destructs (with no substance abuse, even!) all in the course of one crazy summer in the early 60’s (Hanks plays their manager and wrote/directed). That Thing You Do doesn’t just feature a fun DL appearance, it’s a genuinely wonderful, upbeat comedy. Can’t recommend it enough!

Communicora

Premium Member
My favorite is the Tom Hanks movie (no, not that one) That Thing You Do. Not only is it a wonderful lighthearted comedy with great songs and early 60’s atmosphere done incredibly well, but Disneyland (the Matterhorn specifically) puts in an unforgettable appearance in one of the film’s funniest moments.View attachment 521216View attachment 521217View attachment 521218
I love that they actually painted the bobsleds a period-accurate color even though they had to use a then-current model. I’ve posted this before, but I’ll never turn down a chance to put in a good word for this overlooked gem of a movie. Great cast, fun characters, catchy songs, fun story about a humble little garage band that soars to national fame and then spectacularly self-destructs (with no substance abuse, even!) all in the course of one crazy summer in the early 60’s (Hanks plays their manager and wrote/directed). That Thing You Do doesn’t just feature a fun DL appearance, it’s a genuinely wonderful, upbeat comedy. Can’t recommend it enough!
Oh wow. I saw this film when it came out but didn't remember the Disneyland scene. Adding this to my list for a rewatch. Thanks!

Robbiem

My favorite is the Tom Hanks movie (no, not that one) That Thing You Do. Not only is it a wonderful lighthearted comedy with great songs and early 60’s atmosphere done incredibly well, but Disneyland (the Matterhorn specifically) puts in an unforgettable appearance in one of the film’s funniest moments.View attachment 521216View attachment 521217View attachment 521218
I agree great gem of a movie. Dont forget Tom Hanks other Disneyland movie where he even plays Walt!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom