Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sort of like you ideas.

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • Hate your ideas.

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Historymystery's polls of WDW improvement inspired me to have some improvement ideas for Disneyland.

Add parking garages. It would reduce space by alot.

The Fantasmic! show should have its own theater. If they make parking garages, they could put the theater in some of the old parking lots next to California Adventure.

Put sound proof walls around the whole Disneyland premesis, so no sounds of the nearby highways and roads would be heard anywhere in Disneyland.

Magic Kingdom:

Main Street: I wouldn't change anything about it. Keep the train chuggin!

Adventureland:

Jungle Cruise: Add more realistic AAs and some new animals like gorrilas, tapiers, and wart hogs. The boats would be changed to look sort of like the boats from the Jurrasic Park ride at Universal. It would include a new part where you get into some slightly choppy water. The boat approaches a large water fall and the skipper turns the boat away right before going into a small dip and strait into an old ( small ) temple that's underground and pass many AA snakes and mice before quickly coming back out into daylight.

Indiana Jones Adventure: Keep the same.

Tiki Room: Change it to The Under New Management version.

Tarzan's Tree House: Keep the same.

New Orleans Sqare:

Pirates of the Carribean: Keep the same.

Haunted Mansion: Keep the same, except add some new audio animatronics replace some old ones and add some new special effects and update some old ones.

Frontierland:

Frontierland Shoot'n Arcade: Keep the same

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad: Add a few more AA animals and people.

Mark Twain River Boat: Keep the same.

Golden Horshoe Stage: Have Woody's Round-up shows at least once a day at noon.

Sailing Ship Columbia: Keep the same.

Tom Sawyer Island: Keep the same.

Critter Country: Change it so that it would be part of Frontierland and move the new Winnie the Pooh ride to Fantaseyland.

Splash Mountain: Keep the same.

Davey Crockett's Explorer Canoes: So long!

Teddi Beara's Swing'n Arcade: Get rid of that tackey place!

Fantaseyland:

Sleeping Beautey Castle: Decorate it up so that it looks more beautiful and grand. Keep it the same other than that. Dye the water in the mote brown so that it looks deeper than it is and so that you can't see the bottom or any of the underwater pipes. Mickey and Minnie will take little boat rides of their own around the mote in a little row boat guided on an under water track ( so it looks like Mickey's doing the work because it would be hard for the person in the costume to do ). They would load and unload under a bridge so noone can see them load and unload. There would be a secret entrance for the cast members only to go into an employees area.

Ariel's Grotto: Keep the same.

Snow White's Grotto: Keep the same.

Peter Pan's Flight: Replace a few of the old AAs with some new and more realistic ones.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride: Keep the same.

Alice and Wonderland: Make way for The Winnie the Pooh ride. Winnie the Pooh should be in Fantaseyland instead of Critter Country which should be made into Fronierland.

Mad Tea party: Put a roof over it and add an AA Alice, March Hare, and Mad Hatter.

Matterhorn: Add a storyline. I'll post it Tomorrow.

It's a Small World: Keep the same.

Story Book Land Boats and Casey Jr. Train: Make Way for Alice's Curiose Labyrinith.

Dumbo: Keep the same.

Snow White's Adventures: Make it less scary, and add new and more realistic AAs.

Pinocchio's Daring Journey: Add new and more realistic AAs.

King Arthur's Carousel: Change it so that it is themed to The Sword in the Stone intead of Sleeping Beauty.

Mickey's Toon Town: Keep the same except for one thing:

Gadget's Go Coaster: Re-theme and Re-name to Gyro Gearloose's Gizmatic Coaster. Gadget is not a very popular or well known character who appeared on Chip and Dale's Rescue Rangers which was cancelled years ago.

Tomorrowland: Fine the way it is, except for a few things:

Change the Rockett Rods track so that it can have a TTA. Add a roof along the track, like in WDW.

I'm not going to bother with the empty circle vision 360 theater because the imagineers are obviously going to put a Buzz Lightyear ride there.

Monorail Station: Have it for people boarding only. Add an Embarking and Disembarking station in front of the Magic Kingdom.

Well, that's it! I'm not going to say anything about CA because it is too new and good the way it is. Tell me what you think!

:sohappy:

The majority of your changes sound okay except I do have tow problems:

1) I am not fond of the New Management version of the Tiki Room(not really the concpet just how they executed it) , but it seems less horififc at WDW, at Disneyland though I think it really needs to stay the way it is, it trley is a classic there and it still draws crowds, it fact the title there is Walt Disney's Enchatned Tiki Bird Room, so I would say leave it as is for Walt's sake.

2) Ya, the train ride could go(the size of the cars are really impracitcal) and I think that Labrynth would be cool, but I say keep the canals another classic that I think alot of people would miss greatly if it went.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Maybe the boat ride could get re-routed so that it goes around the Labyrnith and see the sets there. I guess you're right about the Tiki room, but add some new songs at least.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Here's my story line for the Matterhorn:

In the late 1800s, excavators climbed to the top of the Matterhorn Mountain and back again. They planned to make tons of money by making a resort at the top :rolleyes:. They wanted to make it easey for their guests to get to the top. They blasted a huge tunnel in the center of the moutain a few years later ( in that case, it would be the turn of the century then. The tunnel went very high up in the mountain, so then they gave up and thught they had gone far enough. They installed a steam powered lift mechanism for guests to travel up ( the lift tunnel on the actual ride ) in bob sleds. The pre show says that they havn't recieved word from the small buiding at the near top, but decide to send people up anyway. When you get to the top of the lift mechanism, you see brocken furniture and wrecked buildings ( still in a cave ) and you look to your right and hear a growling sound, and see some gleaming eyes, it's the abonidable snow man!!!!!!!! Then the ride is all down hill from there. Tell me what you think! :sohappy:

thedream86

The Tiki Room

God, please don't chang the tiki room to the new managment version. Gillbert Godfree make me want to tare my ear drumbs out of my skull! Beyond that I probably shouldn't commen't I'm still mad they changed tomarowland from the solid white look of the 80's. See, Disneyland is like a church, you can only change so many things before it's not holy anymore.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Why are you mad about the Tomorrowland improvements? It looked soooooooooooooooo dated before they changed it. Now it looks really nice, futeristic, and a touch of Sci-Fi.

For your Matterhorn Storyline:

It seems really fractured and illogical, reason being you tired to inculde evey single part of the ride expereince into the storyline.

Why not rather simply have it be that some people opended a Bobsled Resort in the Matterhorn, The loading is at the bottom and then your are supposed to take the Bobsled ift to a switch station to which track you take down the mountain, when you get there though it is all trashed(as you had) and the lever to which track you take is stuck on "Expert Bobsleders Only". Then the ussual chaos insues from there.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Originally posted by FigmentDream
For your Matterhorn Storyline:

It seems really fractured and illogical, reason being you tired to inculde evey single part of the ride expereince into the storyline.

Why not rather simply have it be that some people opended a Bobsled Resort in the Matterhorn, The loading is at the bottom and then your are supposed to take the Bobsled ift to a switch station to which track you take down the mountain, when you get there though it is all trashed(as you had) and the lever to which track you take is stuck on "Expert Bobsleders Only". Then the ussual chaos insues from there.

That actually sounds pretty good. I think the time the story should take place should be in the early 1900s.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
Wooden probably, this could be easily achived simply by putting a fauzx wood coating on each of the current trains

That would be good. Please keep telling me your thoughts and ideas!:wave:

imagineer boy

Original Poster
That's about it for the Matterhorn, any other specific subjects?

As I said about Gadget's Go Coaster, it would be changed to Gyro Gearloos's Gizmatic Coaster. It would get new roller coaster trains that look like cartooney invention cars. New props would be added around the coaster like a hand crank where the crank would be pushed around by a cartoon glove to "turn the crank" (not really). I would like some more help with the themeing and and scenery for the ride. I'd appriciate it!:wave:

You could use spining gears and cogs as "headchopers" if you know any coaster jargon, if not things that appear to be so close that they would hit you but in acutallity they are not, you could go in and out of tunnels that look like large machines so when inside you would go whizing past lots of differnt comical gargedts seemingly poweinrg the machine. You may also want to change the type of coaster car to a spining wild mouse, it would seem apporpirate for a zany ride like this.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
You could use spining gears and cogs as "headchopers" if you know any coaster jargon, if not things that appear to be so close that they would hit you but in acutallity they are not, you could go in and out of tunnels that look like large machines so when inside you would go whizing past lots of differnt comical gargedts seemingly poweinrg the machine. You may also want to change the type of coaster car to a spining wild mouse, it would seem apporpirate for a zany ride like this.

Interesting ideas. I think I'll use some of them. Now, we don't want to make this too intence because it is the kiddie coaster of the park. I think the wild mouse coaster should be a seperate one. I'll get back to you on that one.

imagineer boy

Original Poster
I thought maybe the seperate roller coaster spinning thing could be apart of a new attraction in Toon Town. It could be called Proffessor Ludwic Van Drake's invention mania. It could be indoors ( fairly small ) with a big interactive play zone and the spinning coaster could go along with it. Gyro Gearlooses's Gizmatic Coaster could be for those who can't handle the spinning coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom