Disneyland Hotels

addidisney

Original Poster
Hello,

I am planning a our first Disneyland Vacation & would like to know about the 3 hotels disneyland has? Which do you prefer? My little sister 7yrs is traveling, which hotel is comfortable for her?
Please give details or pictures?

Thanks!
Addison

mousecar

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel last year. The 3 towers enclose a really nice NeverLand play area with a pool, water slide and pirate ship themed to Peter Pan. The rooms were comfortable and had lots of Disney themed touches. My favorites were the Armoire and Headboard with Disneyland Sketches on them. I can't comment on the Grand Californian or Paradise Pier, but they looked like they were well themed. For me the Disneyland Hotel seemed more "central" than the others-just my opinion.

lil'sis

I personally enjoy the Grand Californian hotel. It is beautifully theme, comfortable and relaxing. You'll enjoy just looking at the details in and out of the hotel. I'm sure a 7 year old would feel comfortable staying there.
Another great thing about the Grand Californian Hotel is that it's right smack in the middle of DownTown Disney and inside DCA. You have a great view. There is a large pool area for you and your 7 year old sister to lounge at as well as large fireplace and plush chairs to spend your evenings reminiscing your day at the parks.
I have no idea how Paradise Pier is. I agree with mousecar, the DL hotel is another great place to stay at, but Grand Californian is just a bit more luxurious.

ToTBellHop

When we go next year, we are staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel. It's the cheapest of the Resorts, but it still offers a private entrance to California Adventure and it allows you to use EVERYTHING at the Disneyland Hotel (its amazing pool, the monorail, its restaurants, seeing the waterfalls, and the Fantasy Waters Show. I think it's worth staying there...save yourself $30/night but you get the same amenities (I would assume the rooms are smaller or something to make the price drop, but I can handle that...more money for food!)

wdwfan22

If it was me I would stay at the Grand Californian Hotel. The theming is excellent and it's right in the heart of Downtown Disney. The rooms also have balconies a feature that the other Disney hotels do not have. The Grand Californian is also the closest to Disneyland and California Adventure.
I have also stayed at the Disneyland hotel and the rooms there are very nice as well as the pool area and restaurants. You have to eat at Goofys Kitchen. The breakfast buffet is awesome.

Enjoy your Trip:)

dianedisney

I would have to say my favorite is the Disneyland Hotel. When arrived at the front entrance it is magical just like DL and the renovated rooms are to die for. The Grand Californian is wonderful but it is too dark for my taste. It is built with a wilderness theme in mind (Art & Crafts era, Frank Lloyd Wright, etc). I just like the happier design and interiors of DLH. Especially the "glow in the dark" pixie dust on the ceiling border. Granted the Grand has the private entrance into DCA and it is nice but I am heading down during the Halloween holidays on a trip I had won and was given the choice of which 3 resort hotels I wanted to stay at...hands down in was Disneyland Hotel.

Have a Disney Day :wave:

Kellylynn322

My husband and I just got back from our honeymoon and we stayed at the Grand Californian. I loved it there. It was absolutely beautiful. At night they had the rocking chairs in front of the fireplace and a cast member was there telling stories. It was wonderful and the people where great.

westie

I agree with Kelly. You leave your room, walk downstairs and outside and your in the park! Just like that. Its really cool to sit on the deck and watch the goings on in DCA. It was clean and the staff was really nice. I'd recommend it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom