Disneyland Hong Kong

John park hopper

Original Poster
With all the unrest being reported and the Chinese government attempting to crack down on the people of HK any word on how this is effecting the park --local attendance and tourists?

britain

In the Parks
Yes
From my personal observation, there is a huge decline in the attendance of HKDL. It's summer holidays now so supposedly the Park should be crowded, yet the current wait times are as low as 5/10 min.

PiratesMansion

From my personal observation, there is a huge decline in the attendance of HKDL. It's summer holidays now so supposedly the Park should be crowded, yet the current wait times are as low as 5/10 min.
The waits were the same for me on the first days of June, to my knowledge before the protests started (admittedly I had no awareness that the situation was at such a boiling point until after my visit ended). What do more conventional summer waits look like in HK?

iluvTDS

The waits were the same for me on the first days of June, to my knowledge before the protests started (admittedly I had no awareness that the situation was at such a boiling point until after my visit ended). What do more conventional summer waits look like in HK?
Usually wait times for more popular rides fluctuate around 40 to 60 minutes during summer. Tourism business is indeed really bad now (number of tourists visiting HK has reduced by half compared to last summer) and not only for HKDL, but the entire city.
Don't expect the protests to end soon and I strongly discourage anyone from visiting Hong Kong or China now and in the near future given the US-China tensions.

EarthboundChild

The HK protests should count as an "extraordinary event" for financial purposes and shouldn't heavily count towards future attendance projections but is there any potential concern on whether this could result in budget cuts for the future proposed major attractions (Frozen Land and Marvel E-Ticket).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom