Disneyland Hawaii Resort (Open Brainstorming)

MickeyMouse10

Much like Disney has done before with their narrations and voiceovers. Both at their parks and even on their transportation.

I want the voiceover to sound right out of a 1950’s ad. Which is similar to what DCA and the Studios does with the 1930's and 40's era of Hollywood.

Last edited:

PrinceCharming617

I don’t like the monorail, because of the smells that emanate inside. But I love the Red and White paint scheme of this puppy, it looks verrrry nice. I like.

MV5BMjA3MDA4NTUtYzY5YS00ZDlmLWI4ODUtODg4Y2Q1ZTkxMDVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQWFybm8@._V1_.jpg

Rambozo

Yeah, you would see it and know right away that’s Disneyland Hawaii. Like you do with Disneyland and Disney World.

The Lochness Monsta

What's perfect is the first section is called "Looking Back at Tomorrow". And it showcases visions of the future as perceived from the era of Jules Verne and Albert Robida through the 1950s.

Goofy Ninja

It's fitting that they are both in Tomorrowland. Because many see "Horizons" as the sequel to the "Carousel of Progress". In the attraction we get to see a family of the future. While the latter one follows the changes in lifestyle for a family in the early to mid 20th century.

The Great Gonzo

I never got to ride it so it would be a treat. All I have to go on is the old footage from the 90's filmed with a giant unHD camera.

Last edited:

itsy bitsy spider

Much like World of Motion and Spaceship Earth the animatronics were beautiful. Disney seems to be going away from animatronics now though, because they cost a lot to maintenance. And they got cheapskates running the company.

Frankenstein79

Oh yeah, I miss them like they are family members. They were what Epcot was all about in the early days. "Futurism" and "Innovative" technology.

My favorite scene happened early on in "Horizons". It really sets the mood of what you're going to see throughout. The scene shows a robot butler (robutler lol) and some old guy getting a shave.

MickeyMouse10

I even miss the lame 80's videos scenes. Like the one that shows an animatronic talking on a video screen to her boyfriend (aka the beach boy). That tech actually came true with Skype and Zoom.

Snow Queen 83

Galaxy Mountain
----- (rollercoaster, similar to Space Mountain)
----- (visitors “aka astronauts” board a spaceshuttle to the moon. but they encounter a flying saucer and inhabitants from outer space along the way)

Reminds me of "Sci Fi Dine-In" and it's weird, but amusing 50's sci fi clips. Hopefully Galaxy Mountain would be just like it. Because I love the atmosphere, it's worth a visit alone to the food establishment.

Last edited:

The Lochness Monsta

lf

I concur Queenie, the aliens should definitely be a bit corny. Because that is what the 50's was when it came to Sci Fi. It had the best titles for it's films too with titles that often said "Attack", "Beneath" or "Invasion" of the something, something.

Snow Queen 83

It's kinda like "Universe of Energy" and the dino scene on "Disneyland Railroad". But just like with the movie "Back to the Future" you get to ride in more style.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom