Disneyland Half Marathon

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Wow, epic IT fail, runDisney.

This after things looked to be back up, but all events saying sold out.

1000007947.png

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Wow, epic IT fail, runDisney.

This after things looked to be back up, but all events saying sold out.

View attachment 792960
Not sure how thrilled I'd be as Presenting Sponsor to have my name mentioned in that particular race update, much less in all-caps!

Sorry for the hours of technical difficulties, presented by HONDA. When you think about technical difficulties, think HONDA!

:facepalm:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Not sure how thrilled I'd be as Presenting Sponsor to have my name mentioned in that particular race update, much less in all-caps!

Sorry for the hours of technical difficulties, presented by HONDA. When you think about technical difficulties, think HONDA!

:facepalm:

Apparently the registration link took you to the 2024 races.

One would think SOMEONE checks the code before registration opens.

Kamikaze

Apparently the registration link took you to the 2024 races.

One would think SOMEONE checks the code before registration opens.
I don't believe that's the case, because they all said 'opening soon' before 10am/7am.

They turned them off in an effort to try to get everything back online. Which makes zero sense, they should have fixed the registration before fixing the actual web pages to sign up, not the other way around. But Disney IT is without a doubt the worst department in the company.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I don't believe that's the case, because they all said 'opening soon' before 10am/7am.

They turned them off in an effort to try to get everything back online. Which makes zero sense, they should have fixed the registration before fixing the actual web pages to sign up, not the other way around. But Disney IT is without a doubt the worst department in the company.

Some were able to click on the link and said it took them to 2024, not 2025.

But everything in the background coding should have been reviewed and verified before going live.

Kamikaze

Some were able to click on the link and said it took them to 2024, not 2025.

But everything in the background coding should have been reviewed and verified before going live.
I saw people report that, but no screenshots of it actually showing 2024. Its more likely they saw it was already sold out and made the assumption that it was the 2024 registration because 2025 being sold out didn't make any sense since it never opened successfully.

Kamikaze

Will this FINALLY change things at rundisney?

This crap (for the price) is the reason my friends aren't doing disney runs anymore.
This isn't only RunDisney. Its the overall setup for all of their events & registrations. This exact situation happened last year with the Oogie Boogie Bash signups.

This wasn't a capacity issue. The back-end wasn't ready and/or functional. Only when they figured out that the signups weren't working did they start taking down pages and trying to turn off website functions to get it to work. How Disney operates major websites without a test environment is beyond me.

The easy fix for RD is to outsource the signups to one of the major race signup providers, but that leaves the problem of the accounts not being linked to your Disney account, and that they'd have to give the provider a cut. So obviously not going to happen.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
The easy fix for RD is to outsource the signups to one of the major race signup providers

Except they did...using Active, for years. So that 6.6% service fee could be pro-rata allotted to Active.

Few issues with Active. The first race that was moved to a solely Disney registration platform was one of the SW Weekends, if I remember correctly, either 2018 or 2019 races. And it was a cluster...

Kamikaze

Except they did...using Active, for years. So that 6.6% service fee could be pro-rata allotted to Active.

Few issues with Active. The first race that was moved to a solely Disney registration platform was one of the SW Weekends, if I remember correctly, either 2018 or 2019 races. And it was a cluster...
Yes, and Active is considered crappy in the industry. RunDisney obviously falls a few steps below that.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I used to sign up using active for the Disney Endurance Series…and I had access to a discounted online ticket store…and 40% off host hotels…and a free theme park ticket with registration….and you know, it just worked when it said it would!

I don't remember too many issues registering for races when rD was using Active.

AJFireman

I saw people report that, but no screenshots of it actually showing 2024. Its more likely they saw it was already sold out and made the assumption that it was the 2024 registration because 2025 being sold out didn't make any sense since it never opened successfully.
Here is the screenshot. I received this through the Half Marathon Page/ Link. It kept randomly showing a registration link but took you to this page.
1718861718294.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom