Disneyland gets new Monorail Trains!!!! First in 20 years!!!

OmegaKnight

I love the fact that the seats now face outwards towards the windows. That is a very nice touch. The WDW monorails are getting more of an internal facelift than an external one. The center stanchion removal project has been completed on 9 of our 12 trains and will be finished sometime in the spring. They definitely are not planning on changing our trains out anytime soon.

gatorcard83

I just came back from Disneyland and even though I wish I could see the new monorails in action I prefer the DL monorials to the ones at WDW. It's more compact, the windows are down halfway, and I love how it's more of an attraction and goes through the park (I didn't feel the big angle like a previous poster mentioned). WDW's monorails need a serious facelift, they are old, tired, and just smell bad (probably from all of the "protein spills", several which I had to clean up when I was custodial at MK). I would love to see some new monorails come to WDW, it's frustrating that MK doesn't keep their stuff updated like DL does.

PeoplemoverTTA

I just came back from Disneyland and even though I wish I could see the new monorails in action I prefer the DL monorials to the ones at WDW. It's more compact, the windows are down halfway

pintocolvig said:
I wonder if these new ones have A/C. When I rode the old ones in Aug., they had the windows open and it was stuffy.

Guess there's no AC, then??? Do people actually prefer them this way? I found it unbearable in there when I rode the DL monorails :eek:

Nicole220

Guess there's no AC, then??? Do people actually prefer them this way? I found it unbearable in there when I rode the DL monorails :eek:
I don't know why they would!
I can't imagine going on them during the summer... :dazzle:

edit: Heck, even when it's not hot, they'd probably be unbearable.

Main Street USA

Here are a couple pics of the interior I found floating around the internet:

monorail3.jpg

monorail1.jpg

They're not mine, of course.

Brian_WDW74

Problems with new monorails?

According to Darkbeer, who is a contributor to MiceAge and other sites, they've hit a major snag with the new Disneyland monorails. Here's a message he posted last Monday over at Laughingplace.com:

Just a heads up, as I mentioned in today's "Monday at the Parks" update over at MiceAge.com, the new Monorail delivered last month is not passing the initial tests, mainly due to clearance issues with the Monorail Beam. (It scrapes and drags on the beam, especially on the curves).

Since there is only one current Monorail (old version) that is available for guests to use, and now it looks like that will be the only one available for months, as Disney is thinking of sending back the new Monorail for repairs, which was built in Canada.

So what to expect.

First, don't plan on using the Monorail at any time. If it is available, great. But it is old, and if it breaks down, there is no spare. So there is a good chance of you walking up and finding the attraction closed.

During busy times, such as the 7 weeks of Spring Break Crowds, which start March 10th, there is a good chance that the Monorail will only be available for guests staying at one of the Three Disney owned hotels, and they will be checking room keys before allowing you to enter the line. Also, only expect one way trips, as they will make everyone exit at each station during busy days.

Sorry for the bad news, and trust me, the folks working the Monorail are not happy about it either, but better to know in advance and plan accordingly.

nemofinder22

Hopefully everything is fully worked out and its not like its that long of a walk to the DLR hotels lol.

Hmm wonder what this means for blue and orange and there arrival dates maybe blue can be fixed now and then ready before red? just a random thought.

nemofinder22

Different video than the first but its still nice to see the problems wernt as big as some sites were making it seem at first.

The first video showed the monorail going through the GG bridge and on the beam infront of DL's turnstyles.

montyz81

I love those new monorails, but they better not put them in Disneyworld. They are not original to Florida. The original ones are what we see now. I don't think it was a smart move to go to the Florida design in CA. Hopefully the design of the new Florida monorails (if that ever happens) will be again reminiscent of the current Lear Jet designs of today. I didn't realize this but the current Mark VI's are now as old as the original Mark IV's were when they were removed. In some cases they are older.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom